Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
dippasan

Default Lakes region Hotel/Resort for a business meeting

Hi folks,
I'm organizing a company meeting for next June and was hoping to do it somewhere on or near Winni. I need to accommodate about 75 people. Do any of you know of a resort that will accommodate that many people? I will need meeting rooms and meals on site.
If necessary I'll go to Mt Washington Resort or one of the other Grand Resorts but was hoping to do it near Winni.

thanks in advance for your responses!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Way Out There 2

The Margate might be just what you're looking for.
Way Out There 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
Hi folks,
I'm organizing a company meeting for next June and was hoping to do it somewhere on or near Winni. I need to accommodate about 75 people. Do any of you know of a resort that will accommodate that many people? I will need meeting rooms and meals on site.
If necessary I'll go to Mt Washington Resort or one of the other Grand Resorts but was hoping to do it near Winni.

Church Landing...Great location
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts

2nd Church Landing..
Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
GTO

Default how do I sign up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
Hi folks,

I would love to work for a company that has their meetings at the lake.....where do I sign up?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Wolfeboro Inn would fit the bill.

Quote:
From small gatherings to corporate conventions, the Wolfeboro Inn offers six unique meeting venues that will accommodate any style of event.
Impress your colleagues with a business conference in our spacious Winnipesaukee Ballroom, which features wireless Internet access, a charming stone fireplace and living-room style reception area. Looking for a cozier meeting space? Gather in the Library and admire stunning views of Wolfeboro Bay or enjoy the historic charm of the 1812 room
Allow our staff to customize your meeting or event including catering for groups of any size, to ensure your gathering is a stress-free success. We can also assist with arranging activities, such as private receptions, lakes cruises on the Winnipesaukee Belle, golf excursions and more.
http://wolfeboroinn4-px.trvlclick.co...kee-nh-en.html

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Dave M

Default Chase House

Church Landing and Chase House belong to Mills Falls. Chase House should be able to handle your number of persons. It also level with street. Its right across from the Meredith Town docks. We had dinner there after a funeral, food was very good. They went out of the way to accommodate our party.

DM
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Depending on the time of year you will have a tough time finding any hotel that will have rooms for 75 people. You might want to do it earlier than later.
Most of the hotels and resorts around the lake are booked up a year in advance. Starting in June right about Bike week the hotels start getting pretty full pretty fast. Just saying you might want to look at very early June.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Pontoon Goon

Default Lake Opechee Inn

All the above suggestions would work great for you as it's tough to mess up too badly in the lakes region. Although Lake Opechee Inn would not be as impressive as Church Landing or Wolfboro Inn location wise if I were shopping I would at least give them a look. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Church Landing

I also endorse Church Landing. It has everything you want and includes a great location. If you are bringing employees here that are not familiar with the lake they will be suitably impressed.

If it fits into your schedule you could charter one of the mailboats for a cruise and they will pick you up right next to the hotel at the Meredith docks.

Church landing and their associated facilities in Meredith host over 220 weddings every year. I am sure that they could accomodate you.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
boat_guy64

Default Meetings

I've done it 5 times with my teams over the past few years. We used Church Landing/Mills Falls four times and Opechee once when Church Landing was too full. I'd give both of them an A+ grade.

In fact, the Church Landing people call every year and ask if we want to book again. When my staff hears about it, I usually have a line at my door wanting to know the dates.

Interestingly, I have brought in people from all over the world to the lake. Several have come back on their own time to see it again.

This really is a special place.....
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs down Anywhere BUT Church Landing

Wolfeboro Inn or Margate are much better choices around here. Otherwise, go to Wentworth By The Sea in Newcastle, or Mountainview Grand in Whitefield.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
pjard

Margate is way to dated if this is a corporate event. I don't mean to sound snobby but it's just gone too long without an overhaul.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Steele Hill Resort, overlooking Winnisquam, could also hook you up.

Quote:
Steele Hill Resorts, in the heart of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, offers panoramic views of mountains and lakes from its secluded 500-acre hilltop setting. The Hill Top Restaurant, famous for its hearty New England cuisine and the spacious function facilities, is setup to host a range of functions from intimate business meetings to small conferences. The Inn also features per person meeting package rates for your attendees, tailored to your specifications.
web page - http://steelehillresorts.com/conferences/

Man I'm glad I'm not there!

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
tummyman

I'll second Mountain View Grand Hotel and Spa in Whitefield. Was there this past Wednesday. It is SPECTACULAR.....at least go and visit their web site. I think it is even better than the Mt Washington.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Opechee Inn

Spectacular location, easy in and out. O's next door for fantastic food. The convention center next to it provides easy accommodation for very large groups. They are very reasonable price.

I see a lot of people like Church Landing. I find the décor 'tacky' and at one time I look into a business meeting, they tend to want to run the whole affair their way. They are not very flexible. A very good friend of mine had a wedding and the food came out cold. A few quests requested specific food a month before the reception and they did not get their wish. Even after the party complained, there was no resolution other than 'Sorry about that'.

For a Mountain setting, The Hotel Grandview. For the ocean I suggest Wentworth by the Sea.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
dippasan

Default Meeting Venue

Thank you all so much for all your suggestions.
I will certainly investigate all of them. It's great to have so many places to choose from. I'm excited to be able to show co-workers from all over the U.S. what my "back yard" looks like. I love living here and can't wait to share it.

Thanks again,
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
AltonGuy

Default How about the Stage Neck Inn in Maine?

Hi, I booked a conference 2 years ago for my work and had great luck at the Stage Neck Inn. Its not in NH or near the lake but it is on the ocean in York, Maine (Great spot!) They did a great job and handled all catering and supplies. I was very impressed and wanted to pass the information along.

http://www.stageneck.com/
AltonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote