Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
Chris M

Default Catching salmon in 19 Mile Bay and white perch in Melvin Village from new pedal kayak

Got a new kayak in early May and made a video of catching salmon in 19 Mile Bay and some white perch up in Melvin Village on it's maiden voyage.

If interested, can watch it here: https://youtu.be/iTwU_UDYJKU

Tight lines.
Chris
Attached Images

Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
Hillcountry

Nice going! Looked like a banner day to be out!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
Chris M (06-26-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
FlyingScot

I'm lovin' that kayak!

Sometimes we forget that the bigger the boat, the further the distance from the water.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
Chris M (06-26-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
loonguy

I am looking for a pedal fishing kayak on the lower price end with no need for all the bells and whistles. Has anyone tried the Passport fishing kayak, which is priced at a third to a half of the higher end pedal fishing kayaks? Any perspectives to share about other pedal fishing kayaks?
loonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:48 AM   #5
Chris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonguy View Post
I am looking for a pedal fishing kayak on the lower price end with no need for all the bells and whistles. Has anyone tried the Passport fishing kayak, which is priced at a third to a half of the higher end pedal fishing kayaks? Any perspectives to share about other pedal fishing kayaks?
This model is on the lower price end at an MSRP of $1799. I put a link in the description of the vid for Austin Kayak that has/had same one on sale for $1,499 with free freight. Not going to find a peddle kayak worth owning for much less than that.

After having this boat for a couple of months I'm really enjoying it. Will put out a full review in a few weeks, but overall I'd definitely recommend it. It goes 2mph with almost no effort peddling, and can get it a little over 5mph if I go at it hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post:
loonguy (06-26-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
Chris M

After this first trip to Winni I next fished for brook trout up at Little Diamond Pond in Stewartstown.
Some video of catching here: https://youtu.be/lYKgqGs3oAs

Then I headed down to the salt water and striper fished off Odiorne Point down in Rye and took some video of catching here: https://youtu.be/KJ_eArPI8so

Having a blast with this kayak.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #7
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
After this first trip to Winni I next fished for brook trout up at Little Diamond Pond in Stewartstown.
Some video of catching here: https://youtu.be/lYKgqGs3oAs

Then I headed down to the salt water and striper fished off Odiorne Point down in Rye and took some video of catching here: https://youtu.be/KJ_eArPI8so

Having a blast with this kayak.
That looks like fun! The fishing, not the kayak...my back would be broke sitting in that thing...Do you need a license to fish there?
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
Chris M (07-02-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
fatlazyless

A NH recreational saltwater fishing license that costs the incredibly low price of just ELEVEN DOLLARS is required for estuaries, inlets, bays, and the great big Atlantic up to three miles off shore by anyone age 16 and older.

No exemptions what-so-ever for old age, military service or political affiliation ..... da price is $11.

Beyond the three mile limit, it is also legal to gamble on board a cruise ship.

New Hampshire has thirteen miles of sea coast so this works out to 85-cents per mile of open ocean for a NH salt water fishing license. Good for the calendar year so best to buy it on January 1 or earlier.

If you get busted for fishing without a salt water license, first offense, the violation is probably a fine like $108(?) .... plus any fish in your possession .... so's you definitely want to get a license ...... or else, see! If you can't produce a license in the first thirty seconds ...... then you is busted.

Learned this from watching tv.....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-30-2019 at 05:17 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Chris M (07-02-2019), Hillcountry (06-30-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #9
Chris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
That looks like fun! The fishing, not the kayak...my back would be broke sitting in that thing...Do you need a license to fish there?
It's actually a pretty comfortable chair to sit in. The recline amount is adjustable. Way better than a traditional canoe or similar.

Yeah for 11 bucks to fish the ocean it's a no-brainer add-on. Though for forever it cost nothing. Only reason it costs now is the feds mandated a headcount of fisherman for research, or something to that effect, so they're going to try to keep track with the license.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #10
fatlazyless

For $497 the Plymouth Walmart has about six Ozark Trail Angler-12 fishing kayaks in dark gray or small mouth camo and these have the large la-z-boy seats. Features; go fishing seated or standing, and use the standard kayak paddle without having a pedal, foot power feature.

If fishermen were not supposed to paddle, they would not come equipped with two hands!

Walmart probably gets them on a consignment deal, pay when scanned, from Ozark Trail and will mark them down 25 and 50% in September and October ...... an autumn steal of a deal.
The Real BigGuy (04-18-2020)
Old 07-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
Chris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
If fishermen were not supposed to paddle, they would not come equipped with two hands!
By that logic you ought to walk to all your fishing spots because you have 2 legs.

The fact is that peddling is far superior to paddling for fishing. The ability to have 2 hands free to fish and be able to go forward or backwards with ease and turn in any direction is a game changer. I spend way more time fishing, and way less time being aggravated by the wind compared to my old paddling days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post:
daveschappell (04-30-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #12
Chris M

Almost time to get back on the big lake with the kayak. Can't wait. Just need some good weather without the wind.

Took it to the Florida keys back in January and had a ball catching tarpon, snapper, redfish, sharks, etc. Some of that footage here: https://youtu.be/pJ3mXtxggOs

https://youtu.be/pJ3mXtxggOs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post:
fatlazyless (04-17-2020), Grant (04-20-2020)