Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
AC2717

Default Tower Hill Saloon - Weirs Beach

Went there Sunday for lunch by boat because could not get into Akwa Solie, beach bar.
I have been multiple times in the past two years for a burger and a beer or a sandwich, and this was the first time

arrived about 1:50pm there was 4 adults and two kids in our party, the place was empty except for 3 people at the bar have a quick drink.
order was: a pizza for the kids, a plain medium rare hamburger with onion rings, a medium rare bacon cheeseburger, a turkey club and a buffalo chicken wrap with blue cheese added.
we ordered our drinks and put our order in for food at the same time. 2:35 rolls around and still nothing comes out and our glasses had been empty for a at least 15 minutes or so, with the bartender carrying on a conversation with a patron for basically the whole time, the waitress had to go back there to make our first round.
My wife wanted to leave but I said lets "try and track down the waitress" (by this time she had maybe 7 more tables) and see what is going on because we had time invested already and we just wanted to get back on the boat. She advised 5 minutes and we all agreed if not we would pay for our drinks and politely leave. Well she was about right on target to when it started to come out, as it took about 10 minutes for all the plates to come out, but still did not ask if we wanted refills - also the kids were getting antsy.

food came out: cheeseburger with French fries ( was supposed to be a plain hamburger and onion rings) pizza 75-80% cooked but editable, bacon cheeseburger was right but medium to well done, turkey club was right but skimpy and the buffalo chicken wrap (deep fried chicken fingers with franks on it) was no bigger than a chili's make your own fajita wrap and it has no blue cheese in it nor on the side.

When said the burger was supposed to be no cheese and onion rings, the waitress said oh I forgot to tell you that we ran out of onion rings so we just gave you fries, and oh I take the burger back and get you another one. My wife said never mind just take it off the bill and she ate a slice of pizza and by now it was . She came out of the back 2 minutes later with the same burger and the cheese was just scraped off it and asked if she wanted it and she declined as I would as well and she did apologize. finally we asked if a couple people could get another round (I was driving so only had one). Meals were just about done if you can call them that and we also begged for the check so we could actually get out of there. Got the bill and we stunned ourselves, that it was $92 after tax - the pizza $15.99 buffalo $10.99, club $10.99 and the cheeseburger about the same and 7 603 beers for $35. Not bad pricing which we all knew what the prices were first, but for what we got and the service and the quality was outright terrible.
Also people were sitting down and leaving, all this time there were actually two other 2 person tables that we could see that actually ordered food

Needless to say I will not be going back there at all. While we were sitting there we were thinking - How can you not get this right??? You are in the Weirs, a touristy place, basic food - MAKE IT RIGHT AND YOU GOT A CROWD!!!
Easy pub style food decent prices for the location, great location, such a simple formula and you just can't get it right - Akwa Beach bar did, with a nicer spot, same prices, awesome portions, nicer building and you cannot get in there most times, SAME PRICES AND BETTER EVERYTHING ELSE.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Misha888

Default I know . . .

that was a rhetorical question, but it's bad or no management. And, it is hard finding good help around here. I can't find good, reliable help and I pay $20 an hour.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
Dnm3

Default Same experience

My friends and I were there on a slow Friday afternoon. Took over an hour before we finally had enough and left. Paid for drinks and abandoned our food orders. Six of us, all burgers. Impossibly slow and rude service. Never again.
Dnm3 is offline   Reply With Quote