Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
whkhawks

Default Boat dashboard

I have a 2001 Searay 230 Bowrider that I would like to have the Upholstery redone. The dash on the boat is in bad shape and I can't buy a replacement from Searay. Does anyone on the forum know someone who could repair it? Thanks for your help
Attached Images

whkhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
nhcatrider

Contact paper on the wood grain panels on the dash will work but you will have to redo the job every 4-5 years due to the sun beating on them. I've made decals for cars out of the stuff and that's about how long they last. As for the seats, Superior Interiors in Hooksett does fantastic work, but they are expensive.
nhcatrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
brk-lnt

The part that appears to be padded is going to be a bit difficult. Might be able to strip it down and wrap it with a marine vinyl, would have to see the part in person to say for sure.

The woodgrain part is easy(er) to fix. If you sent it to me I could probably make you a new one out of some scrap material I have that is a close pattern. See below for an example of the panel material I have on-hand:

For the switches, check Spemco.com (https://spemco.com/carling-v-series-rocker-switches/) for replacement caps. Order the removal tool as well.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
fatlazyless

Try www.ebay.com and enter year, make, model and 'dashboard replacement' and you just may find one.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Cal Coon

Having a cockpit cover that snaps around the base of the windshield, instead of around the top of the windshield, helps a lot to preserve the integrity of the dash board. You can extend an existing cover at a good interior shop, so you don't have to replace the entire cover. Superior Interior in Hooksett does awesome work.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links