Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
bdinardo

Default World Cup in Wolfeboro

Good morning,

Does anyone know if any of the bars or restaurants in Wolfeboro will be tuning in to World Cup games starting this weekend? Four years ago it was hard to find a place that would put a game on, but maybe things have changed. A waiter at the new Bayside Grill said he thought they'd turn on a game if asked.
bdinardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
sa meredith

Default World Cup

I too enjoy live World Cup matches. Because of the odd hours, you probably won't have a problem, but will need a place with multiple TVs, as there is just no way you will win a conflict with the Sox. Many games are 7:30 AM our time, so I'd actually like to find bars opening for just that reason. But the lake's region is certainly not the place for that. You'd need Boston.
I'll be in Vegas for the first 4 days of the tourney, so plan on getting my fill.
After that, if I am at the lake, I would think my best bet would be Patricks Pub, or Catus Jack's in Laconia. Many TV's, so throwing one on the soccer should be no issue. They are both always willing to try to please everyone.
As someone who used to belittle soccer, I watched the WC 8 years back, and became hooked. There is no better world class event than the World Cup (held every 4 years). Hard core sports fans/ gamblers in the United States really miss the boat on this...
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote