Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > History
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default Help needed-finding family

Hi All,
Local historian Warren Huse contacted me tonight via the email detailed in full below; Knowing I'm a diver he forwarded the email to me which frankly I didn't know what to do with after reading it other than post it-where else-Winni.com; Diving in the 60s' was before my time-wish I could have helped but not the case; "Ann" is Ann at the Lake Winni Historical Society.
Please respond to Warren directly at : whuse@citizen.com
Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann, do you have anything on Thomas E. Keene or his sons?

Hans, a woman in France is seeking two cousins. See the following.

Good Morning,

My name is Cécile Breda, I'm 35 years old, I'm French and I live in Paris.
My mother Martine Lyaudet is the cousin of Lucette Ferrari (born in 1924 in France)

Why do I tell you this story ?
Because Lucette married Thomas E. Keene (born in 1920, 1921 I'm not sure), an American man that she met in France when he was a soldier in the US Army during the Second World War.
She went to the USA in Laconia to live with him. They have had two sons: Robert Keene (born in 1956) and Lucien Keene (born in 1962).
My mother hasn't heard about her since the death of Lucette in 1967 in a car crash in New-Hampshire.

I know that Tom and Lucette had cottages on Weirs Boulevard, US Route 3 in Laconia, they were called Stoneholm cottages, it was in the 60ies.
I can't find anything about these cottages.

I'm desperately seeking for my American cousins !

Could you help me ?

Thank you so much

Best regards.
Cécile Breda

Hans, Thomas E. Keene operated Lakes Region Divers Supply Headquarters and Skin Diving Schools of NH (and Stoneholm Cottages ), all on Weirs Boulevard through at least 1976. (As of that date, his wife was Carolyn Jean.) Since you are a diver, perhaps you remember Mr. Keene or his sons, Robert and Lucien, or know somebody who might. Any info would be appreciated.

Warren
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diver1111 For This Useful Post:
RLW (01-04-2009)