Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
JonLevis

Default Fireworks this weekend??

Any one know of any fireworks going on this weekend?
JonLevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Island Girl

Default My House

... after dark... wind permitting... (these are not the big professional kind.. just the kind you can buy locally)

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
wMw

On my way home from work last night I saw a sign @ Weirs Beach that said fireworks Sunday @ 10...Unfortunately I don't get out of work 'til 11

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
LadyJane

Default Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLevis
Any one know of any fireworks going on this weekend?
I was up this past week...it had to be one of the best weeks of the summer, weather wise, and while sitting outside at the Inns in Meredith Tuesday night I was treated to a lovely show of fireworks across the bay. Enjoyed every moment of it !! Someone was having some fun, for sure. So, you never know...it's a holiday weekend.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Resident 2B

Thumbs up September 2nd Fireworks at Weirs Beach

The fireworks show last night at Weirs Beach was the best I had seen all summer, with the exception of the midweek show during bike week which is really in the pre-season.

The weather, the show and everything about it was great. I already miss the summer Winnipesaukee season, but I look forward to the great days ahead with boating in September and October. I hope we get some rain soon to get the lake level up a bit. It is a bit low for this time of the year.

Enjoy!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B
The fireworks show last night at Weirs Beach was the best I had seen all summer, with the exception of the midweek show during bike week which is really in the pre-season.

You mean the mid-bikeweek biggest show of the year that totaly stunk this year?

Sunday nights were the best of the year for a "weekly show" for sure. That moon rise coupled with the weather and display put on were a realy good way to end the year. We were out swimming earlier in the night and my son was suprised to see that they brought so many fireworks to the big beach that they needed a U-Haul!!

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
Resident 2B

Default That would be the one......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
You mean the mid-bikeweek biggest show of the year that totaly stunk this year?
Come to think of it, I missed it this year. One heighbor also thought it was sub-par. In year's past. it has been a great show.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

I saw the Weirs fireworks on 8/17 and noticed several changes since last year.

In the past the fireworks were set up in a series of tubes and the fireworks "engineers" ran around with flares manually lighting them. The shows were usually OK but the last one we saw last summer was short and kind of lame. There was no finale and it was over in about 5 minutes.

This year they appear to be using an automated system to ignite the fireworks in a choreographed program. The rockets launched quickly one after another and were much nicer than in the past. There was a great finale at the end of the 10 minute show and we were all impressed.

The new programmed fireworks also allowed for music to be coordinated with the show but that was actually a big negative for us. The music was blaring at full volume from speakers set up on the beach and it was very annoying and distracting. It should have been turned down and used as a background but it was so loud and of poor quality that it detracted from the show.

Overall I thought that the new, apparently computerized show was a big upgrade from last year.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
66WINN

Default Obnoxious Music

I have parked at the docks & been directly in front of the beach and also thought the music was too loud and a distraction. This Sunday I anchored on the east side of the bay and the music was barely audible. A very good display with an orange moon behind us.
66WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
Phantom

I have to agree with the above --

ALL of the firework display's this summer (off Wiers) have been much much better than in years past. We get to see several of the displays during the season as our cottages are nearby --- (Don, I believe you use to stay with Annette) and they also seem to be longer in duration.

I have to admit, I thought the music was coming from one of the vendors on the beach area --- Knowing it was connected with the fireworks now -- Yike's guy's -- turning it off would be fine by me !!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #11
Weirs guy

It took us a few minutes to figure out which one of the neighbors had their stereos turned up too loud (OK, who I was going to start a stereo war with ) only to find it was the fireworks folks.

I know in years past different Weirs merchants paid for each weeks displays and you could tell who was "cheaping out" and who wasn't. Not sure about this year though, but I'd bet its the same. A few weeks back one display featured music and video's on the beach!

Resident 2B, you can tell your neighbor we agree. Nothing worse then a bunch of liquored up bikeweek freaks waiting for the "biggest show of the year" only to be presented with this years, err, uhm, .....

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote