Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
garysanfran

Default Rental Agencies - Winnipesaukee

To help offset our high taxes, for the last few years we have been renting our very private place at the end of Meredith Neck, across from Stonedam Island. We have used Century 21 in Center Harbor and now my brother lists it on Craigslist with mixed results. This is a beautiful place with many repeat customers, but we still have a few weeks remaining this summer.

Does anyone have any postitive, or negative, experiences with rental agencies in The Region? Is there one you would recommend over another? I may return to C-21, but am interested in other's thoughts in this regard.

Thank you all...
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

In the past my family has used Strictly Rentals out of Center Harbor. Now I am not saying that she is perfect, as what real estate agent ever is. However I will say this, she was always able to fill the dates that we gave her. She even made sure the small issues that arise where taken care off, we only got called and bothered when there was a major issue shut as lack of water pressure etc.
She even has a cleaning crew, that will go in between rentals, for a fee of course... Personally we never used the cleaning crew unless we where to busy to swing up and do it ourselves.
garysanfran (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
WakeboardMom

We are attempting to save the realtor fees by using HomeAway.com. If you have any tips for using CraigsList, please feel free to PM me. I'm having a hard time with that.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
MarkinNH

Joan Dole has sold Strictly Rentals. I think she may still be active in the day to day operations while the new owners take over but I am not sure.
I have know Joan for many years and also highly recommend Strictly Rentals. I hope the new owners do as good of a job as Joan did.

Here is the new web site. http://www.strictlyrentals.biz/
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkinNH For This Useful Post:
garysanfran (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
VitaBene

Thanked 1,603 Times in 822 Posts
Default Vrbo

We have had great luck renting places in other parts of the country using Vacation Rentals By Owner http://www.vrbo.com/
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
CateP

Default We use Homeaway.com

As frequent renters of homes in other areas of the northeast and Caribbean we have found Homeaway.com to be a great resource. Vrbo.com is a Homeaway site, as is greatrentals.com so if I were listing a vacation rental I would use Homeaway. Make sure you include lots of pictures and details in your ad. Also try to get testimonials from previous renters. User recommendations are your best advertisement.

If you are having a tough time renting out your property, note that we are still having tough economic times and less people are able to afford vacations. Consider lowering your rental fee and you're sure to get more interest.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post:
garysanfran (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
hancoveguy

This is a great topic. We only rent our place out, on average, 3 weeks per season, but would entertain doing it more. Question- our place is a park model in an association, the association is not an issue, just wondering what if any, issue a rental place would have with this.

Anyone know the fees attached or cleaning fees?

HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Sue Doe-Nym

Joan Dole did indeed sell her business last year to Re-Max Bayside in Meredith at the intersection of 104 and 3, across from McDonalds. She is still on board for a while and is doing her usual great job. The owners of Re-Max Bayside are Rob Wichland & Chris Kelly who are intent on making Bayside rentals a major rental company in the Lakes Region. Much better choice than Preferred in Center Harbor, IMO.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
Flylady

Default If you are not local..

I live in CA. and rent my place on the lake for the summer weeks that I can not be there. It is not just a rental, it is our summer home. I use Maxfield Real Estate to handle the rental contracts, cleaning and keys, however I also advertise on HomeAway. 3/4 of the rentals come from HomeAway.com. I the normal fee but it is worth it and they know what type of renters I prefer. PM me if you want more info.
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flylady For This Useful Post:
garysanfran (03-11-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
We are attempting to save the realtor fees by using HomeAway.com. If you have any tips for using CraigsList, please feel free to PM me. I'm having a hard time with that.
this is who I use it is a great system they have
Old 03-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
missmybid

Default Vrbo

As a renter, I have used VRBO to rent homes on Winnipesaukee, Sanibel Island in Florida, Myrtle Beach SC and the Jersey shore. It's my "go to" site for rentals. Good luck!
missmybid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #12
alisphunt

Default I agree...

My family uses Homeaway and VRBO for our vacation rentals in New Hampshire and in Florida.
We tend to use them over a realtor who has rental listings to save money on the fees. I'd rather spend the money we save on fees for a great fried clam dinner at Pop's!
alisphunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
fpartri497

Default Vrbo

I have used them In the past for trips to gulf coast Fla. very happy with their service

Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
gf2020

garysanfran, send me info about your place. I was just looking at a listing on craigslist for another home at the end of Meredith Neck on Harris Road.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #15
winnipiseogee

Just to echo everyone else - Joan Dole at Strictly Rentals is awesome and it seems that she and Bayside Rentals are doing everything to maintain that reputation as a combined company.

Joan rented my house out for me for years before we moved up full time. She is great about vetting potential renters and making sure you don't end up with nasty surprises that end up costing more $$ than you ever made renting out the property.

Unless you are very close and can check in on you renters once or twice a week I HIGHLY recommend Bayside.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
hampfarms

Bayside Rentals is now handling Strictly Rentals (Joan Dole's) listings. I have had experience with the staff at Bayside and highly recommend them.
hampfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
ClosetExtrovert

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
To help offset our high taxes, for the last few years we have been renting our very private place at the end of Meredith Neck, across from Stonedam Island. We have used Century 21 in Center Harbor and now my brother lists it on Craigslist with mixed results. This is a beautiful place with many repeat customers, but we still have a few weeks remaining this summer.

Does anyone have any postitive, or negative, experiences with rental agencies in The Region? Is there one you would recommend over another? I may return to C-21, but am interested in other's thoughts in this regard.

Thank you all...
I was going to rent your house. It did look amazing. The problem was your brother asked us for our SS#s, and because it was on craigslist, we thought it was a scam. I know....cynical. But I would be more likely to rent through a realtor.
ClosetExtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampfarms View Post
Bayside Rentals is now handling Strictly Rentals (Joan Dole's) listings. I have had experience with the staff at Bayside and highly recommend them.
I have also had great experiences with Bayside Rentals. Anne Currin does a fantastic job renting my house in south down shores.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #19
WakeboardMom

Does anyone have anecdotal evidence that using a realtor over the websites available brings better results? Thank you!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
garysanfran

Default Ss#

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetExtrovert View Post
I was going to rent your house. It did look amazing. The problem was your brother asked us for our SS#s, and because it was on craigslist, we thought it was a scam. I know....cynical. But I would be more likely to rent through a realtor.
We don't need your Social Security #.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote