Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
SailinAway

Default Booster shot: Not as easy as you might think

Unlike many reports of easy access to vaccinations from forum members, I had a very hard time getting my first vaccination due to state and federal website errors. As of today, I've made 3 unsuccessful in-person attempts to get a booster shot: Rite-Aid (website made an appointment for me even though my local store doesn't carry Pfizer), CVS (my local store does not accept walk-ins except on Mon and Tues 10:00-1:00), Hannaford (does not accept walk-ins). Those attempts were based on information at the store websites, CDC, state website, and, sad to say, from Fatlazyless (Plymouth CVS stopped walk-ins several weeks ago due to being overwhelmed).

Lesson: availability of the vaccines and what you need to do to get one vary by location. Don't trust these websites. Either call your local site or go there to get accurate information. Quote from my local pharmacist: "This mess is caused by the state's failure to manage vaccinations."