Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
BushmanNH

Default Mt. Washington Cruise Parking

I was in town a week ago with some older family members and we discussed coming back to Cruise the Mount at a future date. While I was there and we struggled to find parking for our planned lunch, I noticed that it seemed that all the downtown parking has a 2hr max limit. Mount Cruises are 2 1/2 hours, with boarding, un-boarding, and walking to and from the car, I figure 3hrs minimum.

Am I missing something? Where can you park in Wolfeboro for 3 hrs?

Last edited by BushmanNH; 08-15-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Clarification regarding location.
BushmanNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushmanNH View Post
I was in town a week ago with some older family members and we discussed coming back to Cruise the Mount at a future date. While I was there and we struggled to find parking for our planned lunch, I noticed that it seemed that all the downtown parking has a 2hr max limit. Mount Cruises are 2 1/2 hours, with boarding, un-boarding, and walking to and from the car, I figure 3hrs minimum.

Am I missing something? Where can you park in town for 3 hrs?
That's the Laconia brain trusts at work or maybe they planned it that way so they could give out more tickets.

Last edited by Biggd; 08-15-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Acrossamerica

Quote:

Am I missing something? Where can you park in town for 3 hrs?
Plan your cruise out of Wolfeboro. There is a town lot out along back bay that is a short stroll along the rail trail and there is no limit on parking hours. Enjoy.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts

Welcome to the Forum. If you're talking about parking at the Weirs, there is a parking lot uphill from the main street metered parking. I think that is longer term. Take Foster Ave at the end of the retail business area. If you are talking about Meredith, Center Harbor, Wolfeboro or Alton Bay, then different answers would apply.

Last edited by Descant; 08-15-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo fixed your vs you're
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Laconia has a municipal parking lot that is totally free to use that's about a ten minute walk away from the Mount Washington.....past the beach ....across the bridge that crosses the channel and one street behind the Alpen Rose Plaza and Weirs Beach Post Office.....beyond the small fire station.

It's a pretty good walk.....plenty to see..... a big lake view! There's always the possibility of getting your car broken into, when parking at a somewhat remote spot but who know's if that is a problem here or not ....... probably not?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:08 PM   #6
BushmanNH

Default Mount Washington parking in Wolfeboro.

Thank you for the replies, I am sorry, I made a presumption that I should not have, I was in Wolfboro at the time time, and my questions are regarding parking in Wolfeboro.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
AC2717

Quote:
Thank you for the replies, I am sorry, I made a presumption that I should not have, I was in Wolfboro at the time time, and my questions are regarding parking in Wolfeboro.
that is ok, Laconia as well has 2 hr meters
Old 08-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

When you mentioned 2 hour parking, I thought you might be talking about Wolfeboro. If you know where the train station, is, you can park in a lot beyond that for more than two hours.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Woody38

Default Parking at Weirs

I thought that one could park for 5 hours on the numbered spots on the street in the Weirs. Pay at the kiosk. I could be mistaken. Not sure about parking in the lot past the fire station.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
BushmanNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
When you mentioned 2 hour parking, I thought you might be talking about Wolfeboro. If you know where the train station, is, you can park in a lot beyond that for more than two hours.
I believe that I parked in that lot, and the signage indicated 2 hrs, which is what got me to wondering in the first place. I will have to take a ride back into town on a week day to do some recon I guess...
Old 08-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #11
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
that is ok, Laconia as well has 2 hr meters
It also has 3 & 5 hour meters.

With the new kiosk meter system on Lakeside Ave at The Weirs, it depends where you park on how long you can stay in any given spot on Lakeside Ave.

There are 3 different zones on Lakeside Ave. There is a 2 hour zone, a 3 hour zone and a 5 hour zone.

The zones are as follows:

1. 2 hour parking is from Foster Ave to NH Ave (which is directly across from the Mount Washington) on the West side of Lakeside Ave.

2. 3 hour parking is from The Weathervane restaurant to the Mount Washington ticket booth on the Weathervane side of Lakeside Ave.

3. 5 hour parking (which makes up the vast majority of spaces on Lakeside Ave) is from the Mount Washington offices all the way to the neon Weirs Beach sign on both sides of Lakeside Ave.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post
It also has 3 & 5 hour meters.

With the new kiosk meter system on Lakeside Ave at The Weirs, it depends where you park on how long you can stay in any given spot on Lakeside Ave.

There are 3 different zones on Lakeside Ave. There is a 2 hour zone, a 3 hour zone and a 5 hour zone.

The zones are as follows:

1. 2 hour parking is from Foster Ave to NH Ave (which is directly across from the Mount Washington) on the West side of Lakeside Ave.

2. 3 hour parking is from The Weathervane restaurant to the Mount Washington ticket booth on the Weathervane side of Lakeside Ave.

3. 5 hour parking (which makes up the vast majority of spaces on Lakeside Ave) is from the Mount Washington offices all the way to the neon Weirs Beach sign on both sides of Lakeside Ave.
thank you for the info on that, it is very important, I was in the 2 hour section, are the rates different for the longer hours?
they are hitting you up for $1 an hour at the 2 hour metered spots
Old 08-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #13
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
thank you for the info on that, it is very important, I was in the 2 hour section, are the rates different for the longer hours?
they are hitting you up for $1 an hour at the 2 hour metered spots
I don't know.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #14
September

Default Wolfeboro municipal lot

Wolfeboro has a large municipal lot. Take Glendon Street past Rite Aid and the Village Players' theater; go straight into the lot. It's on the Bridge Falls path next to Little Foss field.
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #15
missedbass

I paid $1 an hour at the 5 hour meter at Weirs. No problems.
missedbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #16
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
I believe that I parked in that lot, and the signage indicated 2 hrs, which is what got me to wondering in the first place. I will have to take a ride back into town on a week day to do some recon I guess...
You need to go WAY out. September mentioned another way to get there. (post above) It is by Foss Field. I just told you to go that way because it's easier if someone isn't familiar with all the streets. Unless I am wrong and you can't go through that way? The chamber wants people that work in town to park there to save parking places for people shopping in the stores. And they don't have to keep moving their cars every 2 hours.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #17
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Go by boat!

Free 3 hours docking at the docks! I don't think they enforced the 3 hours rule as a number of us docked the for more than 3 hours with no consequences.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #18
BushmanNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Wolfeboro has a large municipal lot. Take Glendon Street past Rite Aid and the Village Players' theater; go straight into the lot. It's on the Bridge Falls path next to Little Foss field.
Thank you, I will look for that when I can get back into town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
You need to go WAY out. September mentioned another way to get there. (post above) It is by Foss Field....don't have to keep moving their cars every 2 hours.
Thank you to you too! I will let you know what I find when I can get back into town.
I appreciate the help folks!
Old 08-25-2017, 07:58 PM   #19
Woody38

We parked at according to that which is 5 hour parking the other day. However the kiosk would not allow more than 2 hours.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote