Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
RedWinnie

Default Ames Farm Inn Docking?

I've heard that the Ames Farm Inn does a great breakfast and we've tossed around the idea of trying it all summer.

Our only hesitation has been - what if we get over there and can't find a dock space?

Is this actually an issue? Or are dock spaces generally available?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
RedWinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Wolfeboro_Baja

Dock space is hit or miss depending on how busy they are and how many are traveling by boat on any given day.

I've been there twice by boat, once last year, once this year. Both times, i was able to dock without issue but it was weekday visits both times. They hang small vertical signs on the posts at the ends of the docks to be used by the public coming to the restaurant; I think they're red and say "Restaurant" on them. I think when we went, there were only 3-4 dock spaces marked for the public but I could be wrong.

I guess the only thing you can do is leave early and if there's no dock space, hang around a bit to see if someone leaves or go somewhere else to eat. Perhaps you could call and ask if they have dock space available? Of course, then it will depend on how quickly you can get there.

There are plenty of options on the lake and it's always nice to go for a ride!
Old 08-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
AC2717

I've tried three times by boat, all three I had no luck, I drive because I am in Laconia, but would love to go by boat, it does get left out of choices now because we like to go by boat
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

We went last Friday; arrived about 7:45 and left about 8:20. Ours was the only boat in a restaurant spot. I think that there is space for about 5 or 6 boats in the 18' to 22' range and as noted marked with red signs. The dock that we used for our 22' Eastern had room for one additional smaller boat in front. I would only try it on an early weekday morning unless there is a backup plan. And a smaller boat has a better chance.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Docking

I arrive Sunday morning at 11a, dock was empty, and the wait was 50 minutes. He calculated that pretty well as we came back from a 45 minutes hike and he called us!

Spanish and a special order omelets were ordered. Both delicious!
Corned Beef Hash was OK as it was the SYSCO can type. The raisin bread was Pepperidge Farm. They did not say on the menu they were home made so they are good on their part.

They announced that they will be open during the week and will closed when they run out of the popular items. They are out of the steaks. They don't expect the restaurant to be open Labor Day weekend. They rent rooms and cottages into Columbus Day.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
They announced that they will be open during the week and will closed when they run out of the popular items. They are out of the steaks. They don't expect the restaurant to be open Labor Day weekend. They rent rooms and cottages into Columbus Day.
I was there yesterday morning and our waitress said the restaurant is open through Labor Day but that it will close after that. Their website also indicates the restaurant is open through Labor Day.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Call ahead

Docks are assigned first to those who are renting a cabin. Some days there may be several docks available, some days, they're full. We always call ahead, and they'll tell us which number docks are available and/or how busy they are.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote