Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Tank151

Default Avery's

How's Avery's in Lakeport? I've driven by there a million yimes, but have never tried them...
Tank
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Argie's Wife

CJ Avery's is a pretty good little family restaurant. We've always had a positive experience when we've gone and felt the prices were fair. It's not my very first choice as a restaurant but that's because we seldom go out to eat so it's almost always for a special occasion (ie anniversary or birthday) when we do go out. They do a good prime rib and their bbq ribs are pretty good.

Here's their website: http://www.cjaverys.net/

Here's a menu for you:

SALADS
HOUSE SALAD Tossed Mixed Greens and Veggies. $2.95
CAESAR SALAD Romaine Lettuce Tossed with Croutons, Parm & Romano Cheeses & Our Classic Caesar Dressing. With or without Anchovies. $4.50
GREEK SALAD Mixed Greens tossed with Feta Cheese, Greek Olives,Onions, Pepperoncini and Tomatoes. $4.95
WEDGE SALAD A Wedge of Iceberg Lettuce Topped with Blue Cheese Dressing and Fresh Bacon Bits. $4.95
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD Caesar Salad Topped with a choice of A Sliced Broiled, Teriyaki or Cajun Chicken Breast. $8.95
GREEK SALAD with CHICKEN Topped with a choice of A Sliced Broiled, Teriyaki or Cajun Chicken . $9.50
ORIENTAL CHICKEN SALAD Crisp Mixed Greens, Tossed in our Special Dressing. Topped with a Sliced Teriyaki Chicken Breast, Sliced Almonds, Crispy Noodles and Mandarin Oranges. $9.50
SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN SALAD Spicy Chicken Tenders Served on a Bed of Mixed Greens. Topped with Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla Strips, Tomatoes, Sliced Black Olives, Green Peppers and Blue Cheese Dressing. $9.50
APPETIZERS
SOUP OF THE DAY Cup $2.95 Bowl $3.95
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER Cup $3.50 Bowl $4.50
BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN $4.50

FRIED PICKLE SLICES Dill Pickle Chips Battered & Deep Fried $5.95
CRAB CAKES Homemade and Served with a Spicy Tartar Sauce $8.95
CHEESY SPICY FRIES Smothered with Jack Cheese & Bacon bits $5.95
ARTICHOKE HEARTS Baked in Garlic Butter $6.95
WITH MOZZARELLA CHEESE
ARTICHOKE HEARTS With Cheese $7.95
BUFFALO TENDERS Spicy, but not too hot, with Blue Cheese. $6.95
BAKED FRENCH ONION SOUP AU GRATIN $4.50
FRENCH FRIED ONION RINGS Small $3.95 Large $5.95
POTATO SKINS With Jack Cheese & Bacon Bits $6.95
MEXICAN SKINS With Jack Cheese, Salsa & Jalapeno Peppers $6.95
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP Served with Nacho Chips $6.95
FRIED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS $6.95
BAKED STUFFED MUSHROOMS With our Famous Seafood Stuffing $7.95
BAKED STUFFED MUSHROOMS With CHEESE $8.95
SCALLOPS WRAPPED IN BACON $8.95
SHRIMP COCKTAIL Four Large Shrimp $8.95
ESCARGOT Baked in Garlic Butter, Cheese & Topped with a Puff Pastry $7.95
FRIED OYSTERS Fresh Oysters Market Price
ENTREES
Roast Prime Rib Au Jus
House Cut 12 ounces $18.95
CJ"s Cut 20 ounces $24.95

YANKEE POT ROAST Tender Beef simmered all day with Carrots. $13.95
MEATLOAF Homemade Meatloaf Smothered with Brown Gravy $9.95
NEW YORK SIRLOIN STRIP STEAK 12 OZ. $18.95
PETITE FILET MIGNON 6 OZ. Wrapped in Bacon $17.95
FILET MIGNON 9 OZ. Wrapped in Bacon $22.95
BBQ DANISH BABY BACK RIBS Slow Cooked in our Special BBQ Sauce. $17.95
TENDERLOIN TIPS ITALIANO Peppers, Onions , Marinara sauce and Cheese Served over Angel Hair Pasta. $19.95
BEEF TENDERLOIN TIPS: PLAIN, BBQ or TERIYAKI
Sautéed with Peppers & Onions in Butter & Wine. $19.95
SAUTEED MUSHROOMS Served in a Brown Gravy. $2.95
BERNAISE SAUCE Tarragon flavored Hollandaise Sauce $1.50

ANGEL HAIR PASTA & MEATLESS TOMATO SAUCE $9.95

ANGEL HAIR PASTA & MEATLESS TOMATO SAUCE WITH 3 MEATBALLS $12.95
FETTUCCINI ALFREDO Fettuccini Noodles Tossed with a Blend of Heavy Cream, Butter and Parmesan & Romano Cheeses $9.95
CHICKEN PARMIGIANA Tender Chicken Breasts Breaded in Italian Bread Crumbs. Baked in Tomato Sauce & Cheese until Golden Brown. $16.95
Tomato Sauce & Cheese until Golden Brown. Served with Angel Hair Pasta.
VEAL PARMIGIANA Center Cut Veal Breaded with Italian Bread Crumbs . Baked in Tomato Sauce & Cheese until Golden Brown. $18.95
Baked in Tomato Sauce & Cheese until Golden Brown. Served with Angel Hair Pasta.
CHICKEN TRIO Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti w/ a meatball and Fettuccini Alfredo. $18.95
VEAL TRIO Veal Parmigiana, Spaghetti with a Meatball and Fettuccini Alfredo $20.95
CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO Tossed with Fettuccini Noodles & Choice of Creamy Alfredo Sauce or Garlic and Virgin Olive Oil. $16.95
SHRIMP & SCALLOP ALFREDO Fresh Sea Scallops & large Shrimp Sautéed & Tossed with Fettuccini & Choice of Creamy Alfredo Sauce or Garlic & Virgin Olive Oil. $22.95

BROILED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST Choice of:
Plain, Teriyaki, BBQ, Cajun or Honey Dijon $11.95
FRIED CHICKEN BREAST Skinless and Boneless $11.95
BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN With Poultry Stuffing & Topped with Hollandaise Sauce. $13.95
ROAST DUCK L’ORANGE Roasted Half Duck Topped with an Orange Sauce. $18.95
FRIED MEDIUM SHRIMP $14.95
FRESH HADDOCK Broiled or Fried $18.95
BAKED STUFFED OR AU GRATIN
FRESH SEA SCALLOPS Broiled or Fried $19.95
BAKED STUFFED HADDOCK With Seafood Stuffing $19.95
HADDOCK AU GRATIN Baked in our Creamy Cheese Sauce and Topped with Ritz Crumbs. $19.95

CRAB CAKES A Blend of Fresh Crab, Spices and Seasonings. Served with our Special Sauce. $17.95
BAKED STUFFED JUMBO SHRIMP With Seafood Stuffing $19.95
BROILED COMBINATION Haddock, Scallops and 2 Stuffed Shrimp $21.95

FRIED COMBINATION Scallops, Haddock, or Shrimp
Choice Two $17.95
All Three $21.95

BROILED BLACK ANGUS BURGER A Half Pound of The Best Ground Beef with Lettuce & Sliced Tomatoes. $7.50

MUSHROOM BURGER Same as above with Our Sauteed Mushrooms. With Choice of Potato. $8.50
BACON CHEESEBURGER Our Burger topped with your Choice of Cheese and Two Strips of Bacon $8.95
FRESH HADDOCK SANDWICH Fresh Haddock Served on a Roll with Lettuce & Tomato, Tartar Sauce and Fries $8.95
BROILED CHICKEN SANDWICH Choice of A Teriyaki, Cajun, BBQ, Honey Dijon or Plain Skinless Breast. Lettuce & Tomato $7.50
OPEN FACED MEATLOAF SANDWICH Homemade Meatloaf served on White Bread, Smothered in Brown Gravy. $8.95

PETITE HADDOCK A Half Portion of our Broiled Haddock. Topped with Ritz Crumbs. Served with Choice of Potato and the Vegetable of the Day. $12.95
PETITE SCALLOPS A half portion of Fresh Sea Scallops Fried or Broiled. $13.95
PETITE BAKED STUFFED SHRIMP 2 Baked Stuffed Shrimp. Served with Choice of Potato & Vegetable of the Day. $12.95
FISH & CHIPS Fresh Pieces of Fish Lightly Battered & Golden Fried. Served With Wheel Fries. $9.95
Wheel Fries .
POT ROAST With Carrots and Mashed Potato $9.95
BARBECUED RIBS A Half Rack Served with Potato and the Vegetable of the Day. $11.95
PETITE FILET MIGNON 6 OZ. Wrapped in Bacon $17.95
PETITE CHICKEN BREAST Your choice of Fried, Teriyaki, Cajun, Honey Dijon, BBQ or Plain Broiled. Served with Potato and Vegetable. $9.95

Desserts
Made fresh daily, ask your server for today’s selections.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Phantom

We have always enjoyed Avery's. The food has never dissappointed us(gotta love their Prime Rib) . But go with the understanding that it is (what I would term) "Pub" atmosphere where children are welcome. Similar to Patricks as opposed to Church Landing or Abondante's.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Tank151

Default Thanks!

Folks,

Thanks for the feedback on Avery's. I will try them out!

Tank
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
NoRegrets

Default Great Place

There are tables for family dining and a sports bar area with great TV's for socializing. Something likes Patricks or Cactus Jacks (but better IMHO).

My wife and I go there at least once a week and have become friendly with everyone. The drinks are great and I find the food better than most places. Their specials are always excellent. I had the Chicken Cordon Blue a few weeks ago and it was excellent. My wife always goes with their salads with different meats and I enjoy the variety and always bring something home for our little Murph. I switch between the great steaks, pasta dishes, seafoods, or burgers.

Try some of their apitizers. They have a killer Stuffed mushroom with cheese dish as well as fried calamarie.
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
NoRegrets

First trip into our favorite restaurant this past Friday evening. I had the CHICKEN TRIO Friday night that consists of Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti w/ a meatball, and Fettuccini Alfredo. It was even better than I remembered it from last year! Too much for one sitting but tasted great Saturday! My wife always goes for the salids with either chicken or steak. Thier food and staff have always been excellent.

They did not skip a beat from last year except they now offer a pre-purchase customer loyalty card that adds 10% to your cost. Give them 100 dollars and they give you a card worth 110.

They continue to rank #1 with us.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
jetskier

Post 10% savings

Hi NoRegrets,

I think that you meant the loyalty card is a 10% savings. I don't think that a loyalty program that adds 10% to your cost would be all that attractive.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
NoRegrets

No they add 10% to the value of the card - no discount. We gave them 500 and they gave us a card with a balance of 550. You get the 10% uplift.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
jrc

Is that an example? Or did you really give a restaurant $500 for future food?

You do realize that if they go bankrupt, you are an unsecured creditor and will get close to nothing for your card balance. Didn't this happen a few years ago at Willows?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #10
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

That would scare me too. Often when a business needs money they will come up with a scheme like that so they can get money up front. Be careful.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Is that an example? Or did you really give a restaurant $500 for future food?

You do realize that if they go bankrupt, you are an unsecured creditor and will get close to nothing for your card balance. Didn't this happen a few years ago at Willows?
Fratellos and Common Man have been doing this with holiday gift cards the last couple of years. We buy a $200 gift card from each of those. Not too worried about them going under, but if they do I guess that's the gamble you take.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
NoRegrets

I gave them the upfront money with no concerns about their integrity. We are loyal customers and will use the money within a month. We average a minimum of 150 per weekend during the summer.

It is such a great way to pay without putting it on a credit card then paying off the credit card. Write Avery's a check, get the card, , order dinner and drinks, present the card, check the balance. When low replenish. Like the Staples commercial, "That was easy".