Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
luvmypups

Thumbs up The Bob House (Closed Thread)

I posted a few weeks ago about how I had gotten food at the Bob House and it was pretty good. I do have to say that we were really disappointed when we've called twice for take out and they just "couldnt do it" , no take out after 5 , I couldnt believe what I was hearing. Well last weekend my boyfriend suggested we go and I really didnt want to because I just feel like if they cant even do a take out then how long are we going to wait for our food? But I went anyway and we walked in the door and got told that the dining room is full , that's it. There's nothing they can do to help it but I was just done at that point with this place, it's always something it seems. We live right across the street too and dine out often so that's too bad.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Well.. LuvMyPups

Since you live right across the street, maybe try going there when it is not a busy time? I tend to try to go to restaurants during the week as well as weekends and have not had any problems with waits at any restaurants this year. If any thing it seems that some places are almost empty! They must have more people at other times but we all have been out to dinner many times this season and no long wait that I recall. Certainly some of these have been on weekends.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
luvmypups

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyToSeeYou View Post
Since you live right across the street, maybe try going there when it is not a busy time? I tend to try to go to restaurants during the week as well as weekends and have not had any problems with waits at any restaurants this year. If any thing it seems that some places are almost empty! They must have more people at other times but we all have been out to dinner many times this season and no long wait that I recall. Certainly some of these have been on weekends.

I never have any problems with any of the restaurants around here. Most of the times we've tried going to the Bobhouse it has been a weekday. It just gets a little old when everytime you try to go out to eat or get some take out from the same restaurant, it's always a hassle and doesnt work out.I'm not bashing but why would I try and give them my business again when it's proved a waste of my time,each and every time?? I would like to see the BobHouse thrive, I think they have a lot of potential, a good menu and I do think they are trying to work out some of their kinks. We'll see what happens down the road.
LovelyToSeeYou....you do an awful lot of damage control for them....employee,friend,family,owner???
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
LovelyToSeeYou

Default LuvMyPups

Hi LuvMyPups,

I do not have any interest of any kind in the BH but for loving the food and the prices. Never have had the least bit of trouble with dinners or lunches and have been several times with friends both during the week and I think once on a weekend. Don't know what to tell you. I take out lobster rolls but think that it is a small cook staff and they cannot do take out in the evening as they get pretty busy. I love the Village KItchen too but just happened to ask a simple question and did not realize it would be a "topic". I was new here and did not know how it all worked. I have no connection and no agenda towards any honest hard working person some of whom own restaurants. LOL I gave some experiences that I had had and the board armed for battle. I do not fight but am a great believer in "I do not believe a word that you say but will defend to the death your right to say it." I am honest and I guess thinking about this I was only saying some of the things that had bothered me and maybe this came off as my being to harsh on several places. It certainly was not intended to be harsh. No one seems to have answered if I ask if a restaurant owner should send someone away when they appear at 10 minutes to 12? It was an honest question. You know the things I have asked? There were several things that I experienced that I questioned. No one seemed to give an answer as to having no lobsters after calling in advance etc? What would you think if that happened to you? So all in all I am not sure why this group writes. If it is only to say how great a place is then why were so many people upset that I liked the BH so much? It is new and was a great surprise. The same can be said for Hannafords where I now shop almost exclusively. I used to go to Jackson Star. I found the salmon at Hannafords to be great this summer. I have not been there for a couple of weeks and the last time it did not look as great. I do not see any Stop and Shops around here but that is a place that I love as well. I have friends who love Market Basket. I love Walmart and TJMAXX and Marchals and Home Depot and Lowes. I think I am a value shopper for most things. Trying to get a few things done so may shut down the computer.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
LovelyToSeeYou

Default quote

It may be something like "I do not believe in ALL that you say but will defend to the death your right to say it." You get the idea. LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Shreddy

Quote:
Hi LuvMyPups,

I do not have any interest of any kind in the BH but for loving the food and the prices. Never have had the least bit of trouble with dinners or lunches and have been several times with friends both during the week and I think once on a weekend. Don't know what to tell you. I take out lobster rolls but think that it is a small cook staff and they cannot do take out in the evening as they get pretty busy. I love the Village KItchen too but just happened to ask a simple question and did not realize it would be a "topic". I was new here and did not know how it all worked. I have no connection and no agenda towards any honest hard working person some of whom own restaurants. LOL I gave some experiences that I had had and the board armed for battle. I do not fight but am a great believer in "I do not believe a word that you say but will defend to the death your right to say it." I am honest and I guess thinking about this I was only saying some of the things that had bothered me and maybe this came off as my being to harsh on several places. It certainly was not intended to be harsh. No one seems to have answered if I ask if a restaurant owner should send someone away when they appear at 10 minutes to 12? It was an honest question. You know the things I have asked? There were several things that I experienced that I questioned. No one seemed to give an answer as to having no lobsters after calling in advance etc? What would you think if that happened to you? So all in all I am not sure why this group writes. If it is only to say how great a place is then why were so many people upset that I liked the BH so much? It is new and was a great surprise. The same can be said for Hannafords where I now shop almost exclusively. I used to go to Jackson Star. I found the salmon at Hannafords to be great this summer. I have not been there for a couple of weeks and the last time it did not look as great. I do not see any Stop and Shops around here but that is a place that I love as well. I have friends who love Market Basket. I love Walmart and TJMAXX and Marchals and Home Depot and Lowes. I think I am a value shopper for most things. Trying to get a few things done so may shut down the computer.
If you love the Bob House so much you might want to consider your posts. This place is GREAT for reviews. As many know, business is often time about referrals. With the sour taste you have left in many members mouth, YOU PERSONALLY are driving away customers to the Bob House, myself included! Now that I have a negative connotation regarding the BH, how do you think my system of referrals is going to work. Maybe you should learn to "bite your tongue". Just a suggestion...
Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
It may be something like "I do not believe in ALL that you say but will defend to the death your right to say it." You get the idea. LOL
Nah, in your case, I don't think so. JMHO
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
sa meredith

Default Enough all ready

I assume the Bob House has a bar? Someone let me know, if you would. Thanks.

I will be at the lake for a few days starting Tuesday (unemployment is working out very nicely for me) and I am going to stop for a drink and possibly have dinner at the Bob House. After carefully building a nice rapport with my server/bartender, I am going to ask if there is an employee there whose name is Nadia.
I'm quite sure he/she will say yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
VtSteve (09-14-2009)
Old 09-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post

I will be at the lake for a few days starting Tuesday (unemployment is working out very nicely for me) and I am going to stop for a drink and possibly have dinner at the Bob House. After carefully building a nice rapport with my server/bartender, I am going to ask if there is an employee there whose name is Nadia.
Are you saying you're ready for a drink after all this?

ME TOO!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
twoplustwo

Default me three!

I'll meet for a drink, pick a night!!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
luvmypups

Quote:
Hi LuvMyPups,

I dont think I'm the one you need to write a long letter too but perhaps the people in the other thread, that have some opinions on who you may be K
Old 09-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
Bigstan

Default SA read my mind

That's certainly what I was thinking.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
sa meredith

Default yep

There is no question.
The length of the posts, the writing style, the attraction to the restaurant threads, the personal attacks.
Even the sarcasm dripping from the screen name.

Add it up. There is only one answer.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Kracken

Where does one get a program to keep up with this? Its so confusing trying to keep track of who is who.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #15
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
Where does one get a program to keep up with this? Its so confusing trying to keep track of who is who.
If you can follow the SL thread, you can follow the Restaurant thread. Check out the fact that since SA has proposed the real identity of LTSY, there has been Zero posts from this person.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #16
meredith weekender

SA Meredith wrote:

There is no question.
The length of the posts, the writing style, the attraction to the restaurant threads, the personal attacks.
Even the sarcasm dripping from the screen name.

Add it up. There is only one answer.

Ok SA I am not an old timer on the forum, so what is the answer.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Kracken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
If you can follow the SL thread, you can follow the Restaurant thread. Check out the fact that since SA has proposed the real identity of LTSY, there has been Zero posts from this person.
I have the game program for the SL thread.

You are right on about the detective work done by SA.

Nice job SA
Old 09-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
wifi

Quote:
... I am going to stop for a drink and possibly have dinner at the Bob House.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
I'll meet for a drink, pick a night!!
Maybe we all just need a couple of drinks at the BH to see things for ourselves?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #19
BrownEyedGirl

Thumbs down

Quote:

SA....we're waiting for your results.

Could anyone possibly post contact information for the Bob House, or what town it is located in? Do they have a website?

Last edited by BrownEyedGirl; 09-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default Moultonborough

The Bob House is on Rt 25 in Moultonborough where Grill 25 used to be. It is on the right hand side headed out of CH headed into Moultonborough. It is close to the Kona trails for the snowmobilers out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
BrownEyedGirl (09-18-2009)
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
Nadia

Thumbs down

Quote:

Get a life SA, and although I do not work at the Bob House, or even in this County for that matter, don't even joke around about coming near my place of employment. This has gone way beyond an axe to grind. The Bob House will be contacted as well. Hate to burst your bubble, or bubbles, but I am not LTSY.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadia For This Useful Post:
sa meredith (09-21-2009), upthesaukee (09-18-2009)
Old 09-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #22
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default HOW CAN SOMEONE HAVE TWO IDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl View Post
SA....we're waiting for your results.

Could anyone possibly post contact information for the Bob House, or what town it is located in? Do they have a website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
Get a life SA, and although I do not work at the Bob House, or even in this County for that matter, don't even joke around about coming near my place of employment. Your obsession with my where abouts and my personal information is concerning. This has gone way beyond an axe to grind. The Bob House will be contacted as well. Hate to burst your bubble, or bubbles, but I am not LTSY.
I know this is off topic, but I must add.

I have a questions for Nadia/Browneyedgirl, How can we believe anything you say when you are posting with two different member names? I do not even know you or SA, but seems SA uses the same ID and does not try to hide behind someone else.

OK Back to topic, Is this restaurant anywhere near Kevin's cafe. I am coming up to the lake in October one weekend, and would like to have breakfast here and do the Friday night AYCE Clams at Kevin's but usually stay in the Weirs area and do not know how to get to these great places.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #23
Newbiesaukee

If you are traveling from the Weirs to Kevin's, if you continue east on Rt. 25 past Kevin's you will pass the stoplight at Moultonborough Neck Road (Mobil on R), continue on Rt. 25 and the Bob House will be on your right. My guess is that it is about 6 miles further than Kevin's on Rt. 25 give or take a few miles.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #24
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
If you are traveling from the Weirs to Kevin's, if you continue east on Rt. 25 past Kevin's you will pass the stoplight at Moultonborough Neck Road (Mobil on R), continue on Rt. 25 and the Bob House will be on your right. My guess is that it is about 6 miles further than Kevin's on Rt. 25 give or take a few miles.
Slight correction, the directions are good, but it's definately less than 6 miles, my guess 2-3 miles.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #25
NickNH

Granted, I don't go there ALL the time but every time I've been there the service has been fine, food very good and atmosphere pleasant. The owner always checks to make sure everything is going ok, she seems very attentive to the other parties in the room (I keep an eye since some of the experiences posted here).

We do usually eat in the Bar area as we're generally a "small party" so that prevents having to wait for a table on the Dining side.

So, unless something drastic changes, we wil continue to patronize The Bob House (and our other faves - VK, Red Hill and Canoe - Woodshed for special occasions).
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #26
sa meredith

Default Our trip to Bob House

Finally made it to Bob House on Sunday, late afternoon/early evening.
We had been watching the Pats/Jets game at a friend's house over on Long Island (quite a second half, huh?), and as the game drew to a close, his wife was suggesting places to have dinner. We had been drinking most of the afternoon (I do that sometimes), and when she asked, "oh, have you guys ever heard of The Bob House?", my ears perked up a bit and I said, "huh, as a matter of fact I have" ...and so we were off.
Now, to set the scene properly, understand that it was 4:45/5PM..so in no way prime time. Maybe a total of 7 or 8 cars in the parking lot.
So no crowd to deal with, and no way to know how they handle things when they are overwhelmed.
That being said...I have not one single bad thing to say about the Bob House. The whole experience was perfect, and we had a blast. I understand there have been some emotional posts about people's experiences here, and I have no doubt these things happened (why lie?), but my experience was quite different, and truth be told, at this point in time, I love this place.
We took a 4 person high top table in the bar area (called (The Tavern, I believe), and were greeted by a server, who you could tell very quickly was a real people person, and loved her job. Just a perfect food server. Big smile, friendly, and someone who knows how to handle people. Remember, I had been drinking for a while. Often times when this happens, I like to "trade barbs" with a waitress...and she was more than up to the challenge. Took everything I threw her way, and she tossed it back twice as hard. I like that...a lot. (I wish I could remember her name, but, I cannot).
The whole restaurant seemed "shiny clean" to me, and has a great atmosphere.
The drinks were great, as was the food.
Two apps...stuffed mushrooms, and chicken fingers (yeah, yeah, I know...chicken fingers, what are you, 12? But remember, lots of booze...they sounded good). Both apps very good.
And all four entres..perfect. I let our waitress pick mine...rasberry/walnut chicken, and it was very good. Also at the table, prime rib (cooked perfect), a dish they call The Tackle Box (haddock, scallops, shrimp), and some type of fancy burger, which was excellent. We all had their blue cheese mashed potatoes (just unreal. Really, unreal), and squash. We didn't order squash, but I think it just came with the dinners that night, and I don't know what they do to it, but it too, was beyong good. Great, great flavor. Everyone loved their food.
As we wound the evening down, the owner came by, to see how things were...and I past all this info to her.
And, yeah. Here was my chance. But, I decided against it. The whole time had just been great, and I wanted no trouble.
As she walked away, I did, however, ask if she would dump some pepper onto my plate ( I couldn't help myself).
She quickly turned, with a big smile on her face, and came back. I explained about reading the story (said I was a regular reader, not a poster) and she proceeded she to give me the whole story from that night...detail by detail. No biggie. Does not deny that it happened. Just that she has one view of it (owner's view), and Kona has another (customer's view). Enough about that.
Now, I know what some forum members are waiting for that are reading this post..and it is not coming.
Four or five days had past since I had read the forum, and my passion had died down a bit..and that's a good thing.
I had posted what I believe to be true, and was backed by many. No need to take it further.
HOWEVER..upon returning home on Monday evening found the most disturbing things PMed to me by memebers. Truly, very troubling, hurtful stories, about a memeber (BYG) posting a bounty for my ID...and the worst part,
telling members I have been sending her lewd, and sexual PMs (or emails, whatever). People seemed to know it was fabricated, as she could produce no such emails..but still. Just the thoght of someone accusing you of such things.
Please know, if you were part of this group, that I have never sent one single message, of any type, to a memeber know as BYG. She however, has let it be known that she is seeking legal action against me, and has a restraining order. Really. I have no idea why.
The funny part of the bounty is this...if she had sent me a PM saying, "I want to talk with you", I would have sent her my name and cell phone number right away. No big extensive search needed...I would have been happy to give her the number.
I am a gentleman, as many of the members I have met know. I have both done favors for, and received favors from, many members of this forum.
To be accused of sending lewd and sexual messages??!! very troubling. It bothered far more last night, than the Sox blowing a 6 run lead. Tossed and turned all night.
Anyway, enough. I don't know if Don will even let all of this thru. I hope he does.
I will "hold my tongue" for a while now.
If you want more, PM me, and I'll be happy to give it to you...just not here, bothering many members, who could not care less.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
chipj29 (09-22-2009), eillac@dow (09-22-2009), ILoveWinnipesaukee (09-22-2009), momof3 (09-22-2009), Pineedles (09-22-2009), Resident 2B (09-22-2009), twoplustwo (09-22-2009), VtSteve (09-23-2009)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #27
VtSteve

Default Appreciate it SA

Both the great dinner review, and keeping the rest of it stable

Best to leave it the way you did.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Nadia

Thumbs down

Lost your passion? Didn't want to start trouble? Those are not plausible excuses for the strong accusations that you have made. You wrongly accused me of using LovelyToSeeYou as a screen name to bash other establishments, whose owners are indeed, members of this forum. I've never, ever posted a negative review about another restaurant! And now all you have to say is you've lost your passion? You should be held accountable for your remarks. You choose to take the easy way out because you are wrong and you know it. I am not LovelyToSeeYou and I do not work at the Bob House. I believe you owe LovelyToSee you an apology. Don't waste your time with me.

You've been on my case since April, using every possible opportunity that arises to "call me out", or push your agenda because you did not like the response you got. Why don't you consider what you did to warrant such a response? Normally people do not become beligerant and irate unless they are provoked.

You crossed a very distinguished line SAMeredith. A gentleman does not treat a woman like you have resorted to treating LovelyToSeeYou, or myself. You have people supporting your position, that's great. You don't like me, that's great. You don't like my posts, that's great. You think I'm mentally disturbed and so do your forum friends, that's great. You have established this over and over and over. How many times do you have to be asked to move on? How many more hijacked threads? I pose a similar question: doesn't it ever get old?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #29
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Best to leave it the way you did????

Let me try to understand this. Are you saying that one can attack another over and over...............call them a troll and an impersonator and even accuse them falsely of sending threatening Personal Messages and then LEAVE IT THAT WAY? I am waiting to hear an apology as I am not a troll, nor an impersonator nor did I ever send a threatening Personal Message to anyone. I try to use reason and facts. I do not attack. I would happily accept an apology but do not think that this forum should allow personal attacks of any kind. I think it is clear that I am not Nadia and not a troll. I know I did not send any threat in any Personal Message but if sameredith wants to post the so called threat copied and pasted, please tell him he has my permission. He recently went to The Bob House and actually said in his post that he said that he was a reader on the post board but not a poster. I don't think that is the truth do you? Don will probably not post this leaving me no avenue to ask for an apology that is deserved. I attack no one. My mother taught us that one must be very careful when saying things about another as character assassination is the same as murder. I do not do it. Best to leave it the way you did??? No. BEST NOT TO DO IT. Best to apologize if you make a mistake.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #30
BBS2

Talking tofu

Whatever you do, don't mention tofu.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBS2 For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (09-23-2009)
Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #31
RI Swamp Yankee

sigh .... 55 posts ahead of mine and only a handfull that actually give some meaningfull insight into eating at the Bobhouse.

... and, Yes, this post doesn't improve those statistics either.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
LovelyToSeeYou

Default HMMMM Receiving meaningful insights on local restaurants.

Well speaking from my own experience why would most people want to try to say anything positive or negative about a restaurant? In another year or two I will have been coming to this lake for 60 years. I have seen many restaurants come and go. Some change hands several times and become Canoe. Others change hands many times and close for good. Some open and are wonderful. Others open and are awful.

I came here and tried to write good and bad things on some established restaurants that some of you felt was an attack. It was just the way I am as if it is on my mind it is on my tongue, or in this case my computer screen. I made a mistake when I first posted on VK because I did not understand what a tread was. I thought it was just a post. I did know that people could reply but did not know that it would be a topic. I also did not know that there was already a thread for VK. I think it would have been better to make my comment in an already exhisting VK board so that it was not the topic? I AM SORRY if any of you thought I was attacking your favorite restaurants. It was not my intent. I believe that was I said was the truth from my point of view as a 67 year old grandmother who mostly likes good food at reasonable prices. I go out mostly for dinner and an occasional lunch or a take out lobster roll etc.

The Bob House was new to me and is right near me. I have not gone there long enough to have had bad experiences which every one has in time. I think I went there five or six times. The other places I have been to for many years but for The Corner House. I do not know The Corner House but for one meal years ago and one lunch this summer.

I do think that many here first feel attacked. Then all try to defend. Maybe there have been people in the past who did things that were dishonest or pumped a place they had an interest in or whatever one does on a message board. I have been on other message boards and felt fine. Here anyone who wanted to say to wait and see or whatever, was also attacked.

So here is my final say in this attempt to say why there may not be many meaningful insights on local restaurants. "Behavior that is positively reinforced tends to be repeated. Behavior that is negatively reinforced tends to be discontinued." If you really want people to tell it as they see it, then keep that in mind. If you only want a cheering section or an attack section, what good will that do for either patrons or owners??
Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #33
SIKSUKR

Default Time to move on and take your own advice

Quote:
If you only want a cheering section or an attack section, what good will that do for either patrons or owners??
This is exactly the problem members had with your repeated praise of the BH in many different threads.
hazelnut (09-26-2009), Pineedles (09-25-2009), RI Swamp Yankee (09-25-2009), Shreddy (09-25-2009), twoplustwo (09-25-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
WhitMtn

Default LTS and Others who have time......

I have to respond, I been here for quite a few years but had trouble logging in so started under a new profile. I would just like to say that there are charities, soup kitchens, etc. that need volunteers, those of you who can spare time instead of insulting each other on here, please contact me and I can put you in touch with those in need for volunteer work, looks like some of you can spare at least an hour a week or an hour a month to assist someone in need?????? Thank you in advance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhitMtn For This Useful Post:
Nadia (09-27-2009), PennyPenny (09-25-2009), SteveA (09-27-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #35
PennyPenny

Default Give the woman(Ltsy) a break

I know so many people who know of this forum and could care less what so many of us members post about anything. Many people say this forum is to one sided and you have to be on the agreeable side. I am starting to agree with members and non-members who say so much. So many people are so mean to others if they don't agree with a members post/opionion. Perhaps some people do look forward to reading and commenting everyday. Could people be a little kinder? There is more to life then the internet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PennyPenny For This Useful Post:
LovelyToSeeYou (09-26-2009), Nadia (09-27-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #36
Pineedles

Default Enough!

Let's not simplify this to only "so many people being mean to others! There is a lot of history to this conflict, and if you don't know what is going on, then I would suggest that you don't get involved. Believe me, you don't want to get involved with this conflict! Those involved are trying to work it out, behind the scenes.

Perhaps we can stop this thread and start another? I can't believe I said that.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
breathe easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Let's not simplify this to only "so many people being mean to others! There is a lot of history to this conflict, and if you don't know what is going on, then I would suggest that you don't get involved. Believe me, you don't want to get involved with this conflict! Those involved are trying to work it out, behind the scenes.

Perhaps we can stop this thread and start another? I can't believe I said that.
So why don't you start some other thread so those of us who want to read real restaurant reviews don't have to be subjected to this " conflict"?
The Following User Says Thank You to breathe easy For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (09-25-2009)
Old 09-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #38
Gatto Nero

Default LovelyToSeeYou

Up until this evening I had scanned some of the posts involving LovelyToSeeYou and The Bob House over the past weeks but not really paid much attention. I must admit that I initially got the impression that she might be someone with an agenda and I moved on before it started getting so nasty and accusatory.

Today though, I got an email from an island neighbor of mine. A very lovely lady that I have met in passing several times over the past few years as my wife and I walked the island and she was tending to her flowers. In her email she was quite distressed and confused about the treatment she had received on the forum since joining just a short time ago. She did not ask me to write this but I thought it was the right thing to do. I hope it helps.

Although most of the people that I meet on the island are very friendly, most just wave, say hi, and go about their business. This person, however, probably knowing we were new to the island, went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and engage us in conversation. After we had stood in the street and talked with her for quite some time my wife and I came away thinking, what a lovely lady.

Well, wouldn't you know it. She is LovelyToSeeYou. A very lovely lady who is exactly as she say she is in those posts. She is not Nadia. She has no axe to grind. She is merely doing what she believed this forum was here to do. Perhaps some of you feel that she made a faux pas or two in the manner in which introduced herself to this forum. Whether she did or did not, I can tell you that she meant no harm.

As I think back on those chance meetings now, after having read all of these locked threads, I realized that the conversations my wife and I had had with her were very much like the comments in LovelyToSeeYou's threads. She was classy. She was eloquent. She told us exactly what she thought. She told us how she much she loved the lake and the island and her grandchildren. We also shared stories, good and bad, about the local restaurants. I believe, although I can't say for sure, that she told us her kids at once worked at the Woodshed as kids. Either way, I don't think that would qualify as being a local restaurant insider.

I believe that most of the folks on this forum are generally good people that want to share their stories. Perhaps it's time you give this new member a break and allow her to do the same.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that she thinks VK chicken portions are smaller now
C Tucker (09-26-2009), GTO (09-27-2009), hazelnut (09-26-2009), ILoveWinnipesaukee (09-26-2009), jeffk (09-27-2009), Resident 2B (09-25-2009), robmac (09-26-2009), SteveA (09-27-2009), upthesaukee (09-26-2009), Winnigirl (09-27-2009)
Old 09-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #39
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathe easy View Post
So why don't you start some other thread so those of us who want to read real restaurant reviews don't have to be subjected to this " conflict"?
I am waiting for this thread to close, that's why.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #40
LovelyToSeeYou

Default I certainly hope that this thread is not closed..........

It is time that we stop rewarding people who attack and then destroy so that others will not post. Some of us want an honest and fair board. At least I do.

I do not know of any who are trying to work it our behind the scenes., Pineedles. Would you let me and the board know what that is all about? I have only recently joined so I know I am not part of the "There is a lot of history to this conflict, and if you do not know what is going on, then I would suggest that you don't get involved. Believe me, you do not want to get involved with this conflict." I think that sounds almost like some sort of a threat though I know you do not mean it that way. What is the story on some trying work it out behind the scenes? Not that I know of anyway.

Thank you Penny Penny for your support. We should all be able to post honestly and fairly. We are adults. There is a responsibility that comes with being an adult. There were a couple of lovely people in the recent past who tried to say why not wait and see if any of this is true, but they were driven off. Rose comes to mind. What a dear and lovely soul. And very brave. Some of the attackers will even follow a person to another area of posts and start to attack the same person there. Stopping this thread is not going to be an answer to this problem. Honesty, reason and positive action are the way to change things. I want to state here that NO ONE SHOULD ATTACK ANOTHER PERSONALLY. NOT EVER. REPEAT...NOT EVER. One can disagree with what a person says and hopefully in a polite fashion. One should never attack the person. (You know I appreciate my mother more and more as I go along in the forum.) LOL

Lastly thank you so much for your very kind post Gato Nero. I found your name and the location on the Winnipesaukee Forum and knew that we were both on the same wonderful island. Here we have an association and all have met one another etc. I noticed a link on one of your sites that said "email me". The email gave me no name so I regret that I do not know who you are. Would you possibly let me know which of our lovely residents you are so that I can thank you in person one day.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #41
KonaChick

Didn't LoveyToSeeYou say she lived near the BobHouse Restaurant? Gatto Nero says she's an island neighbor, what am I missing here. If it's my mind please no replies!!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #42
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Well speaking from my own experience why would most people want to try to say anything positive or negative about a restaurant? In another year or two I will have been coming to this lake for 60 years. I have seen many restaurants come and go. Some change hands several times and become Canoe. Others change hands many times and close for good. Some open and are wonderful. Others open and are awful.

I came here and tried to write good and bad things on some established restaurants that some of you felt was an attack. It was just the way I am as if it is on my mind it is on my tongue, or in this case my computer screen. I made a mistake when I first posted on VK because I did not understand what a tread was. I thought it was just a post. I did know that people could reply but did not know that it would be a topic. I also did not know that there was already a thread for VK. I think it would have been better to make my comment in an already exhisting VK board so that it was not the topic? I AM SORRY if any of you thought I was attacking your favorite restaurants. It was not my intent. I believe that was I said was the truth from my point of view as a 67 year old grandmother who mostly likes good food at reasonable prices. I go out mostly for dinner and an occasional lunch or a take out lobster roll etc.

The Bob House was new to me and is right near me. I have not gone there long enough to have had bad experiences which every one has in time. I think I went there five or six times. The other places I have been to for many years but for The Corner House. I do not know The Corner House but for one meal years ago and one lunch this summer.

I do think that many here first feel attacked. Then all try to defend. Maybe there have been people in the past who did things that were dishonest or pumped a place they had an interest in or whatever one does on a message board. I have been on other message boards and felt fine. Here anyone who wanted to say to wait and see or whatever, was also attacked.

So here is my final say in this attempt to say why there may not be many meaningful insights on local restaurants. "Behavior that is positively reinforced tends to be repeated. Behavior that is negatively reinforced tends to be discontinued." If you really want people to tell it as they see it, then keep that in mind. If you only want a cheering section or an attack section, what good will that do for either patrons or owners??

KC, your memory seems to be excellent! Check out the first sentence in the third paragraph. Or perhaps this is the infamous woman who has a property on the west side of Dow Island and a year round home near the eastern end of Moultonborough.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 09-26-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Additional sentence
Old 09-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #43
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts
Exclamation

This dispute is over. Please use this Bob House thread to post REVIEWS.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Blue Thunder (09-27-2009), breathe easy (09-27-2009), ITD (09-27-2009), Janet (09-27-2009), jeffk (09-27-2009), Jersey Bob (09-28-2009), Jonas Pilot (09-27-2009), Meredith lady (10-02-2009), Pineedles (09-27-2009), Resident 2B (09-27-2009)
Closed Thread