Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
sum-r breeze

Default A little hint of Spring in the mail

Just a glimmer of warmer things to come....I received my Spring launch form from Mountain View's Irwin staff in the mail today. This brightens up my Winter every year. The next attitude adjustment on the docket is the New England Boat Show in Boston next month. So far it hasn't been a bad Winter but February can be unforgiving. I'm daydreaming of " the breeze" anchored off the beach at Silver Sands....tunes pumping....magma grilling....AHHHHH I love the Summer!!

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin'(a steak tip) back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
Phantom

I got my slip renewal from MVYC (Irwin) and smiled, UNTIL I opened it and gasped at the increase $$ over last year !!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
sum-r breeze

Default Recovering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I got my slip renewal from MVYC (Irwin) and smiled, UNTIL I opened it and gasped at the increase $$ over last year !!

We've been through this before...When the dynamic changes from empty slips to a waiting list to get in, prices tend to go up. This trend is a positive thing for the boating community over all, but stings a little when you get the bill. I'm hoping for a booming economy that allows lots of people to either get INTO or BACK into boating. There were a few lean years lately but it looks like we are on track for an epic Summer. I love MVYC and wouldn't move my boat out for a small fee increase. The staff there is great and the amenities are top notch.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
RUGMAN

Smile

Last year was my first year with a mooring, does the state send out a renewal form for the 2017 year?
RUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGMAN View Post
Last year was my first year with a mooring, does the state send out a renewal form for the 2017 year?
Yes - but in order to renew you have to have the boat that will be on it registered and a copy of that registration is sent in with the mooring renewal.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
HellRaZoR004

I'm curious how much you guys are talking in terms of an increase in rental prices @ MVYC. 10%, 20%?
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
Woody38

Post Spring Commissioning

Looking forward to the launch when we return from Southern California.
Been a little gloomy lately with the rain, but boy is it nice to have. So much rain Lake Elsinore is probably full presently.
Hopefully my knee will hold out or I may have to look for a boat that will be easier for me to move around on. Really don't want to sell this one but the body may require such.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #8
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
I'm curious how much you guys are talking in terms of an increase in rental prices @ MVYC. 10%, 20%?
HellRaZoR .............10%

Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #9
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Yes - but in order to renew you have to have the boat that will be on it registered and a copy of that registration is sent in with the mooring renewal.
I am not sure how that works. A house close to mine in Gilford has a mooring but I don't know that they have a boat. The owners do not use the house but they do rent it out weekly during the summer. Many different renters who bring boats use the mooring all summer long.

I was not aware that a specific boat had to be listed or if there is any restriction requiring only that boat can be on the mooring.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #10
HellRaZoR004

Quote:

Thanks, that's a decent increase.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Phantom

Quote:
Thanks, that's a decent increase.
My last pay raise was nowhere near that !

Go figure

Old 01-15-2017, 07:42 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I am not sure how that works. A house close to mine in Gilford has a mooring but I don't know that they have a boat. The owners do not use the house but they do rent it out weekly during the summer. Many different renters who bring boats use the mooring all summer long.

I was not aware that a specific boat had to be listed or if there is any restriction requiring only that boat can be on the mooring.
From the moorings program website: To apply for a mooring permit one must file the appropriate application. If approved a mooring permit will be issued. Each year of the permit the applicant will purchase a current decal for the mooring buoy and submit a boat registration for each approved mooring. The current decal on the mooring buoy informs Marine Patrol that a permit has been issued for this mooring.

The actual application https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...nts/dsss18.pdf states you must provide to the state a readable copy of all boats that will be using the mooring. If the boat is NOT registered to the applicant than an explanation is required.

Furthermore the application clearly states cannot be gifted to, transferred to, sold, leased or rented to anyone else. You cannot charge another person for use of said mooring either.

Now I highly doubt there is a problem with a renter of a property with a mooring using it. However in a technical sense it seems to be kind of a grey area. The only way I can see this ever being a problem is if a renter of the property was somehow abusing the mooring to the point it spawned a call to MP to deal with it. Do I really think the MP is checking each mooring permit to match the boat registration matches correctly? Doubt it, but I do know they check those decals are current.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #13
robmac

I got my notice from shep browns as to when I want my boat launched I only wish it was today
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
sum-r breeze

Quote:

Same here. It must be across the board. I haven't talked to any of my slip owner friends lately but I wonder if Yacht Club dues went up. They were talking about a dredging project for the Fall or upcoming Ice Out.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #15
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-r breeze View Post
Same here. It must be across the board. I haven't talked to any of my slip owner friends lately but I wonder if Yacht Club dues went up. They were talking about a dredging project for the Fall or upcoming Ice Out.
Dues are still @ $1500 a year. They are planning to dredge (I think started) b/c last year was bad, especially with the low water levels. Towards the end of the season I heard a couple boats did in excess of $1500 in damage heading over to the hoist to be pulled out.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #16
Phantom

Quote:
They are planning to dredge (I think started) b/c last year was bad, especially with the low water levels. Towards the end of the season I heard a couple boats did in excess of $1500 in damage heading over to the hoist to be pulled out.
They indeed began dredging, but started very late and got Iced-In. Currently there is an orange "boom" still across the Yacht Club entry way (near slip A7 or so) and about 3 or 4 barges Ice locked near the Valet ramp.