Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Lakelife2016

Default Att cell service

Hey everyone! New to the forums here, I've rented a house in moultonboro for a wee weeks this summer and wanted to hear from people that have att if they have service or not. I recently switched from Verizon and looked at the att coverage map and says there is good coverage but who knows how accurate that is! Thabks everyone!
Lakelife2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
kawishiwi

Default ATT good for me.

I have AT&T and have not had problems up through Laconia, Meredith, Center Harbor, Moultonoro, along the roads. I boat in the area of long island but I dont use the cell much on the boat.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
Lakelife2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I have AT&T and have not had problems up through Laconia, Meredith, Center Harbor, Moultonoro, along the roads. I boat in the area of long island but I dont use the cell much on the boat.
I don't really know much about the location of the house. A friend rented it and then were picked a few weeks to go up. I do know it's not on the water but not that far of a walk. I was up there last year with Verizon and had arrive but. O one had att so I was just curious! Sounds like I should be all set then!
Thanks!
Old 05-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #4
Merrymeeting

We have had AT&T for many years in the area. Many others in the family have Verizon. While coverage areas differ between the two, they are about the same in overall coverage.

It's better than it was 5 years ago, but no matter which one you have, you will hit dead spots. The many mountains and valleys in the area block the signals in various areas.

We have zero coverage at our house. But we have a mini-tower that gives us coverage as long as the internet is accessible. If I get in my boat and go out 200 yards onto the lake, I can get almost 5 bars.

So, to answer your original question, you won't really know if you have coverage at the place you've rented until someone with an AT&T phone goes there and looks at the reception at that spot.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:33 AM   #5
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
We have had AT&T for many years in the area. Many others in the family have Verizon. While coverage areas differ between the two, they are about the same in overall coverage.

It's better than it was 5 years ago, but no matter which one you have, you will hit dead spots. The many mountains and valleys in the area block the signals in various areas.

We have zero coverage at our house. But we have a mini-tower that gives us coverage as long as the internet is accessible. If I get in my boat and go out 200 yards onto the lake, I can get almost 5 bars.

So, to answer your original question, you won't really know if you have coverage at the place you've rented until someone with an AT&T phone goes there and looks at the reception at that spot.
True. We are on Long Island. Verizon works most of the time, ATT almost never. As in most things....it depends.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

We have AT&T and have had it for years. Service on the lake is very good! There are a couple of dead spots on route 11 as you enter Alton from the Gilford side. Other than that we like the service. On Welch island we have a solid 4 out 5 bars of service.

Dan
Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #7
SachemIslander

Any T-Mobile users in the area? What is T-Mobile coverage like?
SachemIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #8
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

It seems as though we have these cell phone coverage discussions on a weekly basis.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It seems as though we have these cell phone coverage discussions on a weekly basis.
This is accurate.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
Seaplane Pilot

Default Can you hear me now?

Hello????????
Attached Images

Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #11
FlyingScot

Default ATT very good

ATT has been fine for us--house in Tuftonboro, regular driving in M'boro. I recommend enabling WiFi calling if you have an iPhone or other phone that allows it.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #12
Lakelife2016

I've found out the house in somewhat near Gansy island? I belive. Anyone near there that could confirm att service? Talked to some friend who went up and stayed in the area a few years ago and had lte with Verizon. So I assume now that time has passed. Att would probaly be the same?
Thanks again!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #13
mishman

Default Kona Farm area for ATT service

I have a similar ATT cell coverage question. We are down past Kona Farm on Hauser Estates. Would switch from Verizon to ATT if I was assured that the coverage from our house was strong as the ATT/Directv package is very enticing. Does any have ATT service down in this area and if so, is it a strong signal?
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #14
jazzman

Buy a throw away unlocked LTE phone and register it on Cricket wireless for a month and give it a try. Cricket is on ATT and it's a cheap way to get a "trial".

ATT is ok down in the upper Alton Bay part of the lake. Funny we hit a cell tower in Laconia though unless you get line of sight to the tower down on Alton Bay.
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
DesertDweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishman View Post
I have a similar ATT cell coverage question. We are down past Kona Farm on Hauser Estates. Would switch from Verizon to ATT if I was assured that the coverage from our house was strong as the ATT/Directv package is very enticing. Does any have ATT service down in this area and if so, is it a strong signal?
I am off of Kona Farm Road and Kona Bay Road so probably about a mile and a half from you. I am on ATT and don't have any issues. When we first bought our house in 2013 I had intermittent issues with reception but those have gone away.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #16
Lakelife2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
Buy a throw away unlocked LTE phone and register it on Cricket wireless for a month and give it a try. Cricket is on ATT and it's a cheap way to get a "trial".

ATT is ok down in the upper Alton Bay part of the lake. Funny we hit a cell tower in Laconia though unless you get line of sight to the tower down on Alton Bay.
That sounds like a good plan but the amount of money I already spend to switch to att is enough. I was just hoping some people in the area I will be staying have att and can confirm the quality of service.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:43 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Sounds like the best plan is to just...go.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #18
Lakelife2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Sounds like the best plan is to just...go.

While again yes that would be a good plan, I don't think it makes sense for me to drive 2.5 hours just to see if I get service up there... I guess I'll find out when the time comes
Old 06-03-2017, 04:04 AM   #19
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakelife2016 View Post
While again yes that would be a good plan, I don't think it makes sense for me to drive 2.5 hours just to see if I get service up there... I guess I'll find out when the time comes
That was my point--there's so much variation in people's experiences/situations, and you're clearly not interested in options, so what's the point of this post? Just go, hope for the best, and enjoy!

Old 06-03-2017, 05:28 AM   #20
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

One thing to remember in and around the Lakes Region is that due to terrain, cell coverage can vary in any given area simply by the signal being blocked by a hill at one location, and not a short distance away.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 06-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #21
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

That is so true, up. Years ago before the Verizon tower in Wolfeboro I had a hard time getting it at my house but when I went out in the broads it was great reception. Now, I think most places get Verizon here unless you are in a valley.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #22
Lakelife2016

Well we went up, and the cell service all the way up on the trip was fine, at the house, no lte, 2 bars of 4g. And it was between 2bars and no srevice. Although it wasn't impossible to send texts or anything. But you couldn't watch YouTube but you could stream music so it was okay