Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
HomeWood

Default Boating in October

This may be a very stupid question, but there aren't any kind of boating restrictions in October are there? I'm planning on coming up Sept 30- Oct 8 and will be bringing my boat. I'm going to take the NASBLA certificate online test here.

Last edited by HomeWood; 09-03-2007 at 11:01 PM.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
TomC

Default no restrictions

but water will be low, so watch for hazards. Gas docks aren't open as regularly. Also there are fewer people out there to help in case of trouble so keep that in mind.

you should see some nice color - the views shoud be spectactular.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:57 AM   #3
ApS

Exclamation

There will be more days of heavy winds and waters.

Bring a sweater.

Also, there is still a Marine Patrol presence—made worse by boredom. If you see a small boat with a white radome on top—head in the opposite direction!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
jrc

Salmon fishing ends Sept 30. A lot of the waterfront tourist businesses close on Labor Day. The lake is extra beautiful with the foilage. A lot of people put their boats away around Columbus Day. Open gas docks are few and far between after Columbus Day.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #5
Kamper

Default On-Line certifications not honorred in NH

For a variety of reasons, the State of New Hampshire changed the law on Safety Certificates last year.

Online certificates isued after December 31, 2006, will not be recognised as valid. You need to take a proctored test. All other courses that meet NABLA/USCG standards for this type of certification will be accepted as long as the test was in person and appropriatly suprvised.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
HomeWood

Thanks for the replys. I'm not worried about gas docks, we have a lot of gas jugs at the house. I would really like to see the foliage that's for sure. I'll have to give NH F&G a call today and see what they have to say about the stupid certificate.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
HomeWood

I just got off the phone with Marine patrol and they DO recognize the safety certificate issued by North Carolina Wildlife resource commision (NC Fish and Game), so I'll have to go get that and then I'll be good.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #8
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper
For a variety of reasons, the State of New Hampshire changed the law on Safety Certificates last year.

Online certificates isued after December 31, 2006, will not be recognised as valid. You need to take a proctored test. All other courses that meet NABLA/USCG standards for this type of certification will be accepted as long as the test was in person and appropriatly suprvised.

Good luck!
Kamper - sorry but that is not correct. Perhaps you missed it but we went through this in another thread and it was positively determined that ALL NASBLA certificates are OK in NH. It doesn't matter how the test was taken. Out of state certificates are good.

The last few posts in this thread explain it.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...t=certificates
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander
Kamper - sorry but that is not correct. ... The last few posts in this thread explain it.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...t=certificates
You got that right about the last few threads! lol.

Ok, to summarise that other post. If you took a NASBLA course online but the card you received says issued by (a state), it is good in NH.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
jeffk

Default Lake color

I love boating on the lake in the fall (also the spring) because the mad summer rush is over, things are quieter and generally more accessible. The weather, as like always, can play a major part in your enjoyment. If it goes right the days are still pleasant and the nights are crisp and refreshing.

I would comment on expectations about fall colors on the lake. I have noticed that although the colors in the surrounding area start changing in early October, the area at the lake shore often doesn't peak until later in October. I suspect this is because the lake water keeps the temps a bit warmer and slows the color process. This is not to say that there won't be any color but if you want to see the best displays you may want to plan a car trip around the area as well. The local TV station, WMUR, keeps info on their weather web site about where to see the best color from week to week.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #11
John A. Birdsall

Default fall boating

I have found that the lake is fine thru mid month, but after that the boats really thin out which could make one wonder. I have noticed that some foliage has started already timing seems to be everything for that, but it is never the same.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
Bear Islander

The lake is beautiful but very lonely, and the water is cold. If you have a problem it can be a long time until the next boat comes along. Bring a cell phone.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #13
HomeWood

The boat has a trolling motor for fishing that will run all day to get us home in case the outboard has issues, two batteries and we probably won't go past Moultonborough bay. My favorite fishing is in Greens basin. We have year round neighbors next to us and my dad will be fishing with me. I'm not too worried about being stranded. I'm looking forward to some cold. We just went through the hottest August in recorded history. It got to 105 about four times and every day of the month but like two were over 90. I'm ready for sweater weather.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #14
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood
I'm ready for sweater weather.
On behalf of the New Hampshire welcoming committee. We guarantee you will get some sweater weather. My favorite. Heat is on in the cabin tonight.
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy
On behalf of the New Hampshire welcoming committee. We guarantee you will get some sweater weather. My favorite. Heat is on in the cabin tonight.

Also know as LAST NIGHT! But no worries, it'll be almost 90° this weekend!

Homewood, to jeffk's point plan to take a ride up through the white mountains during your stay, preferably over the Kangamangus Highway.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
CanisLupusArctos

Default October is some of the best & worst

October has given me some of my best boating memories on this lake. No more Capt. Bonehead crowding the waters, lots of solitude, and fall brings very dry air that makes for some of the best visibility we ever get. Add deep blue skies overlooking hillsides covered with bright-red and orange trees, and you've got something special that a lot of people never get to see.

JeffK, you're right on the delayed foliage schedule on the lake shore. Black Cat Island's leaves usually lag behind the mainland's fall color by about a week, and the immediate shoreline can lag by 2 weeks. Like you, I'm pretty sure that's because of the water temp. We usually have to wait until November for our first frost, even when they're scraping their windshields just a mile away on the mainland.

Beware though - October has two faces. It can be a very nasty weather month on Winni. Sunny, windy cold days with an average chop have left my windshield and clothing covered in ice from the spray over the bow. October usually brings the first arctic cold fronts that can whip winds from Center Harbor to Wolfeborough at 40+ mph.

It's probably not a bad idea to plan for a fall boat ride in some of the same ways you'd prepare for a cold-weather hike. Hypothermia can be an issue, especially if you get stuck out there for longer than a few minutes in windy weather. Therefore I'd bring high-calorie snacks and wear poly-pro, fleece, and other non-cotton clothes with a rain shell.

Last October I shot a fantastic picture of the lake with peak fall foliage and Mount Washington's summit overlooking it all, on a clear, calm day. Just a few days later (Oct. 20) I measured a wind gust to 50 mph as a heavy rainstorm with thunder ended as light snow. Soon after we lost power, the MOUNT came by on an evening cruise in the high winds and I watched as it slowed and kept the search lights on for 2-3 minutes as the captain tried to find the Black Cat Shoals in the storm. I'd never before seen it pass the island with as much care as it did that night.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
Rattlesnake Guy

Agree, the best pics on the lake are in the fall with the dry air and dark blue sky. That time of year, I always bring blankets despite my passengers claims to not need them. Somehow they always get used. I love it. We usually take a bit more care not to get the passengers wet as it can be a lot less fun than July.

Safety-wise I get much more nervous just after ice out when the water is much colder. Be sure to let us know how you make out with your trip.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #18
HomeWood

Thanks ya'll.

I tell ya, it is a royal pain in the behind to get a certificate that NH will accept. I was told that they will accept one issued to me by NC, but so far nobody in NC can tell me if the state actually issues me one. I mean, c'mon this is a little ridiculous. I've been boating for years and have been a regular on Winni since birth and my family has been going there since the 1950's and we've had the same house in Moultonborough since the 1960's. Ok, that doesn't make me anything special, but I sure miss the days of just being totally care free and really enjoying the lake. But thanks to captain boneheads and their stupidity, we now have all this red tape to cut through just to continue our family traditions. NH marine patrol said that I can get a 2 week certificate after taking an hour long written test. I want to be on vacation, not taking tests!!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
Bear Islander

Try the link below. You can take an on-line test and get a NASBLA approved certificate for $20. That certificate is good in NH.

http://boat-ed.com/nc/index.htm
Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM   #20
HomeWood

That's the one that NH Marine patrol told me to get, but he said that it had to be issued by the state. I have no clue what that certificate says after you pass the test and that's what nobody can answer for me here with NC wildlife. Well, for just $20, why not? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #21
Ropetow

Quote:
Try the link below. You can take an on-line test and get a NASBLA approved certificate for $20. That certificate is good in NH.

http://boat-ed.com/nc/index.htm

This may be a dumb question, but what is to stop someone from NH or any other state from taking this test and using that license in NH? Doesn't that defeat NH's goal of eliminating the online exam?
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #22
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Thanks ya'll.

I tell ya, it is a royal pain in the behind to get a certificate that NH will accept. I was told that they will accept one issued to me by NC, but so far nobody in NC can tell me if the state actually issues me one. I mean, c'mon this is a little ridiculous. I've been boating for years and have been a regular on Winni since birth and my family has been going there since the 1950's and we've had the same house in Moultonborough since the 1960's. Ok, that doesn't make me anything special, but I sure miss the days of just being totally care free and really enjoying the lake. But thanks to captain boneheads and their stupidity, we now have all this red tape to cut through just to continue our family traditions. NH marine patrol said that I can get a 2 week certificate after taking an hour long written test. I want to be on vacation, not taking tests!!
Homewood,
Think how we felt when we all had to go through it after being on the lake for years. As we waited for the age curve to fully implement we had the situation where I could let totally inexperienced visitors drive my boat but my kids who arguably drive the boat better than I do, could not get behind the wheel until they turned 16 and could take the test.

On the other hand, I am in favor of this training and certification.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #23
HomeWood

I agree RGuy, I am in favor of it aswell. We have a lot of Cpt Boneheads here. We have no requirements for any safety certificate or the like. Buy a boat and go to it. I've been wanting to take a course anyway, but there really needs to be a nation wide accepted one. Whether it be a Coast Guard one or whatever. How about every state require the SAME one? No certificate, no boating, that simple. Funny how almost every boating topic ends up with this discussion
Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #24
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetow
This may be a dumb question, but what is to stop someone from NH or any other state from taking this test and using that license in NH? Doesn't that defeat NH's goal of eliminating the online exam?
There is nothing to stop a NH resident from getting a online certificate in another state. All you need is a mailing address in that state.

New Hampshire has set a standard by not giving out certificates from online tests. Let's hope other states do the same. But there needs to be reciprocity. If NH certificates are good in other states, then certificates issued by other states should be accepted in NH.

You can get a drivers license at 14 in South Dakota, then drive a car in NH.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 AM   #25
Skip

Exclamation Misunderstanding reciprocity....

Quote:
...You can get a drivers license at 14 in South Dakota, then drive a car in NH...
Not true!

TITLE XXI
MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 263
DRIVERS' LICENSES
License Reciprocity
Section 263:39
263:39 Limitation. – The provisions of RSA 263:36-38 shall not be deemed to authorize a person under 16 years of age to drive a motor vehicle on the ways of this state.

While there are federal ramifications for a State not to enter in to reciprocal agreements with other States regarding driver's and vehicle licensing, individual States are still allowed to retain their unique identities within their own respective license codes. In this case, while some States do indeed issue licenses to individuals under the age of 16, New Hampshire law trumps that portion of reciprocity and mandates that all out-of-state drivers be at least 16 years of age and hold a license that was granted as an equivalent to New Hampshire's standards.

There is no such federal strings yet required for boating licenses. Furthermore, after being in contact with both Lt. Dunleavy and the Education Coordinator for the New Hampshire Marine Patrol it has been determined that the current regulations for boating license reciprocity in New Hampshire are clear. The same legal verbiage that requires equivalency testing for motor vehicle licenses also applies to boating licenses. The difference is that according to the officials I contacted above there is no reliable way to verify license issuance and compliance in another State. Therefore the official NHMP policy is to ignore the equivalency portion of the RSA and accept any NASBLA approved certificate.

Unfortunately this is a fully understandable position given the haphazard way boating licensing is being approached at the national level!

Bottom line....reciprocity is not and never has been one hundred percent.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #26
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Not true!

TITLE XXI
MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 263
DRIVERS' LICENSES
License Reciprocity
Section 263:39
263:39 Limitation. – The provisions of RSA 263:36-38 shall not be deemed to authorize a person under 16 years of age to drive a motor vehicle on the ways of this state.

While there are federal ramifications for a State not to enter in to reciprocal agreements with other States regarding driver's and vehicle licensing, individual States are still allowed to retain their unique identities within their own respective license codes. In this case, while some States do indeed issue licenses to individuals under the age of 16, New Hampshire law trumps that portion of reciprocity and mandates that all out-of-state drivers be at least 16 years of age and hold a license that was granted as an equivalent to New Hampshire's standards.

There is no such federal strings yet required for boating licenses. Furthermore, after being in contact with both Lt. Dunleavy and the Education Coordinator for the New Hampshire Marine Patrol it has been determined that the current regulations for boating license reciprocity in New Hampshire are clear. The same legal verbiage that requires equivalency testing for motor vehicle licenses also applies to boating licenses. The difference is that according to the officials I contacted above there is no reliable way to verify license issuance and compliance in another State. Therefore the official NHMP policy is to ignore the equivalency portion of the RSA and accept any NASBLA approved certificate.

Unfortunately this is a fully understandable position given the haphazard way boating licensing is being approached at the national level!

Bottom line....reciprocity is not and never has been one hundred percent.
I shudda known Skip would come along and trump me on that! However my point is still valid, there are things that you can do in NH through reciprocity that are not allowed to NH residents.

Besides my statement is true. A 14 year old with a South Dakota license can drive in NH. They just can't do it legally!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #27
Rattlesnake Guy

By that logic an 8 year old can drive in Maine
Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #28
Dave R

Quote:
By that logic an 8 year old can drive in Maine
Only if they are taking their kid to day care though.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #29
HomeWood

Well... I just passed the online safety course test at Boat-Ed.com and the certificate that gets mailed to me IS ISSUED by NC Wildlife Resource Commission. So, I'm good to boat in NH now. Yay!

The hardest part of this whole process was finding out what NH will and will not accept.
The test wasn't really hard. I got a few wrong, but I did learn some stuff and got some good reminders.

Last edited by HomeWood; 09-08-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #30
HomeWood

So, I get a call back today from NC wildlife (8 days later )and the woman tells me that the safety certificate that I get online from Boat-ed.com, IS NOT actually issued by the state, but NC will observe it just the same as if I went through a NC wildlife course. Boat-ed sure makes it sound like it's state issued according to their site. It's got NC wildlife course all over it. You can even look for yourselves, it's confusing. It's only the same course she tells me. She tells me to call Boat-ed and I did. The woman at Boat-ed says that NH will accept it and that they have already gone through it with the state of NH. She then gives me the number to NH Marine boating education/enforcement and tells me to ask for a specific person. That person is not there, but the guy that was tells me that they only accept state issued certificates. (We all know that) But he said it depends on what the certificate I get in the mail "looks like and how it reads". Basically he said if it looks state issued it may be acceptable. Looks state issued and reads as if it's state issued? What the he** does that mean? It's like they will kind of accept it, but maybe not, but maybe they will. "We've been having a lot of problems with the confusion over this". Ya think????? How about making it a lot freakin easier for people who want to obey the rules to do so. Like me and a lot of other people. If you can't tell, I'm a little steamed over all this.
When I get my certificate in the mail, I am supposed to then fax it to NH marine education/enforcement and the guy I talked to today will tell me if it will be ok. I doubt that it will be him checking me on the water. If worse comes to worse, I can go to a marina that will issue a 2 week certificate after a short test. Wow, what a freakin' headache!! Almost not even worth the 14 hour trip up there. I guess my dad who is not required to have a certificate until 2008 can drive MY boat if I can't get anything....

I won't do it, but we all know that if I took the chance and went out with nothing there would be two boats on the lake. Mine and an MP!
Even though I have never ever been stopped before. Good luck or good boater?????
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #31
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
When I get my certificate in the mail, I am supposed to then fax it to NH marine education/enforcement and the guy I talked to today will tell me if it will be ok. I doubt that it will be him checking me on the water. If worse comes to worse, I can go to a marina that will issue a 2 week certificate after a short test. Wow, what a freakin' headache!! Almost not even worth the 14 hour trip up there.
I agree with you Homewood it is a headache... I myself carry certificate from both NH and Vermont with me. I have had the Vermont certificate for years because they required it before NH when I lived up there and boated on Lake Champlain. When NH started to require the certificate I went round and round with the MP...(no reflection on them, they where all pleasant to deal with it just wasn't easy because no one knew).... and in the end I decided to just get my NH certificate, which I could still do online at that time and it would be less agrivation..
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #32
HomeWood

I wish I knew about the safety certificate thing when you could still take it online and it was accepted. That's one of the biggest problems. Nobody can give me a straight answer!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:38 AM   #33
Phantom

Once again -- it has been checked by numerous other people-- i..e see all the threads on the topic.

NHMP will accept any out of state certificate or license providing it is a NASBLA approved course and clearly indicates such on the issued card.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #34
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Once again -- it has been checked by numerous other people-- i..e see all the threads on the topic.

NHMP will accept any out of state certificate or license providing it is a NASBLA approved course and clearly indicates such on the issued card.

That's the key. Out of state means any STATE issued. Boat-ed.com is a third party company. NC Wildlife told me that a certificate through them is not actually issued by the state of NC. Boat-ed.com is deceiving. It has the NC wildlife logo and calls the certificate you get as being the NC Wildlife boating safety certificate.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #35
HomeWood

Ok, so here is the final result. I faxed my certificate/card yesterday that I got in the mail. I just got a call back from a gentleman at NH Marine education this morning. He said, it's a vaild certificate and I am all set to boat in NH. Even though this was a big pain for me. The people at NH marine education have been very helpful the whole time and seemed eager to work with me. I would still say that even if I they told me that it was not an acceptable certificate. I'm glad this is over and now I can just concentrate on my vacation.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #36
Island Girl

Default Bring the FAX

Along with your certificate... I would also bring a copy of the FAX!!! Have a great vacation... October boating can be a lot of fun... dress warmly though.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:05 AM   #37
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
Along with your certificate... I would also bring a copy of the FAX!!! Have a great vacation... October boating can be a lot of fun... dress warmly though.
Will do for sure, along with NH Marine educations phone number .
Thanks, I can't wait to get up there.
Geez, after temps of 105 degrees this summer, I wonder if I can even find my warm clothes.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #38
Island Girl

Default Here is my getup for late fall boating

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #39
HomeWood

Now that's bundled up.

I'm hoping for 60's during the day at least. I'll pretty much be fishing on the boat instead of going for long boat rides. You'll find me in Greens Basin a lot the first week of October.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #40
Phantom

Island Girl --- That's too funny

Thank god for "full canvas" or I'd never get my wife out. Makes for a world of difference & comfort !!!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #41
HomeWood

I just got home yesterday afternoon. The boating, fishing and weather couldn't have better!!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #42
HomeWood

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #43
SIKSUKR

Glad you had a great time with good weather Homewood.Where is that photo taken with all those Winni "speedbumps" in the background?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #44
HomeWood

What do you mean by speed bumps? If you mean waves, there were barely any in the Moultonborough part. Little wind, but no white caps. If your wondering why I am in shallow water in the pic, it's because the new dock isn't in yet and I had to beach it most of the time. Borrowed a neighbors dock some, which was very helpful.

The weather was spectacular. Usually had to take the sweatshirts off by mid morning.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #45
GWC...

Quote:
What do you mean by speed bumps?
The rocks behind you.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #46
codeman671

Quote:
What do you mean by speed bumps?
SS was taking about the rocks in the background.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #47
MboroughNeckKid

Picture is just north of Moultonborough bay, and south of ambrose cove marina. If you look closely at the picture across for the lake is another McMansion going up. They have been working on the place for over a year!
MboroughNeckKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #48
NavGirl316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy
Also know as LAST NIGHT! But no worries, it'll be almost 90° this weekend!

Homewood, to jeffk's point plan to take a ride up through the white mountains during your stay, preferably over the Kangamangus Highway.

We were up at the Kangamangus Highway on Friday (Oct 5th) - was absolutely spectacular!!...definitely appeared to be at peak foliage up there. Can't wait until the peak colors move south through Winnie - we still have a lot to look forward to foliage-wise.
NavGirl316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #49
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Glad you had a great time with good weather Homewood.Where is that photo taken with all those Winni "speedbumps" in the background?
Guessing that the beach near the right top is the one in the background of the pic and the island is the one near the bottom, off-center. Buzzell Cove is bottom left in the map image.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=k&z=15&om=0
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #50
HomeWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
SS was taking about the rocks in the background.
Woops, should have gotten that one. I remember construction going on last winter on that mcmansion across the lake. I like seeing little quaint cottages on the lake as opposed to mcmansions......
Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 AM   #51
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MboroughNeckKid
Picture is just north of Moultonborough bay, and south of ambrose cove marina. If you look closely at the picture across for the lake is another McMansion going up. They have been working on the place for over a year!
But weren't the owners lucky to find a building lot that didn't have any shorefront trees to block their view?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #52
SIKSUKR

Ya,thanks guys.I was refering to the rocks.Got the location now thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #53
offmycloud

That's a beautiful picture. Across the lake from where this picture was taken is Clark's Landing. The property to the left of the Mcmansion is the beginning of Bald Peak Colony Club. BPCC shoreline then extends from there south almost to Lane's End Marina.
offmycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #54
offmycloud

Clarification - the property to the right of the Mcmansion as you look at it from the lake is BPCC.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #55
Newbiesaukee

Dear Off.....

What is your avatar? I know I have too much time on my hands, but I can't make it out. Oh well, at least you know somebody is looking
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #56
offmycloud

Hi Newbie - finally someone noticed! It's a Camaro ripping out! Pretty cool, huh?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #57
macshpman

Hey offmycloud it has a posi too. looks like maybe a 68
macshpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 AM   #58
Newbiesaukee

I am relieved, I thought it was a.......but, again, I DO have too much time on my hands. Nice car.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #59
offmycloud

It's definitely got posi - it's not mine so I don't know the year but your guess of a '68 is probably correct.

Newbie - what the heck did this look like to you? It just looks like a car to me. I don't want to be offending anyone - yikes!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #60
Newbiesaukee

No offense at all...this was my very poor attempt at humor. I will not try this again. I probably should leave the comedy to the politicians. Now if somehow I could use the smiley face in real life to indicate humor I might be better off!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #61
Ropetow

Default season's over

Took our final cruise of the season today....a bit windy but great for this time of year. Gave a salute to our favorite spots, then headed back to the slip, packing up all our gear and getting the bowrider ready for being pulled out on Monday, shrink-wrapped and stored for the winter. A sad day but, hey, in about 6 weeks ski season will be here. And then ice-out can't be far behind. Anybody planning to stretch the season a bit longer?
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #62
Rattlesnake Guy

Anybody know where I can bring my boat "in the water" for winterizing as late as Thanksgiving? I normally trailer, but am interested in extending the season without risking a frozen block on the trailer. I would drop the trailer off at the same time as to boat. Any references would be very much appreciated for my 4winns.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #63
GWC...

Quote:
Anybody know where I can bring my boat "in the water" for winterizing as late as Thanksgiving? I normally trailer, but am interested in extending the season without risking a frozen block on the trailer. I would drop the trailer off at the same time as to boat. Any references would be very much appreciated for my 4winns.
Try Fays, provided the ice has not started to form at their Marina.

http://www.faysboatyard.com/

Also, try a mobile marine business and meet them at Glendale.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #64
offmycloud

Independent Marine - 476-5580 - is land-based in Moultonboro and will pick up your boat antwhere. I usually drop mine off at Lees Mills but you could have ice there by then. I would give them a call to see what they suggest. They are very flexible.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #65
HomeWood

With the way the past winters have been, you could probably wait until New Years. Although, I probably wouldn't
Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #66
Weirs guy

I remember one guy out in his boat last CHRISTMAS DAY!

Now?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #67
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Day before new year.

The Winnilakers crowd took a ride from Glendale to the Weirs dock day before New Year!. They had to stop at Crazy Gringos to warm up. They would have gone out the next day but the stickers are expired.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #68
John A. Birdsall

Default late boating

I keep feeling that I want to have Thanksgiving at the cottage just once and have my boat in the water for a cruise. Someday, but not this year, too much going on, and I will be closing the cottage next week. Perhaps one maybe two more boat rides.

Hope everybody has a safe winter.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #69
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper
They had to stop at Crazy Gringos to warm up.
I have that same issue occasionally when sitting on my couch!

Now?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #70
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default Hey off like my new avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmycloud
Hi Newbie - finally someone noticed! It's a Camaro ripping out! Pretty cool, huh?
Hey off like my new avatar? Thats my 74 Firebird at New England Dragway.
I should have noticed the Camaro burnout my eyes are getting bad.
NICE CAMARO
Hopping to get out in the boat his weekend.
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote