Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
CateP

Default Good Source For Year-Round Rental?

Hi Everyone,
My situation in NJ has changed and I am looking into the possibility of moving up to the lakes region and renting . Eventually I will sell my house in NJ and buy, but right now I am exploring ways of getting out of NJ ASAP.

I will have at least one dog (12 year-old black lab) and possibly a 3-year old Shih Tzu.

If anyone knows of a good rental agent or month-by-month rental, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
songkrai

Well I would step back and review your plans.

Do you plan to rent your home in NJ? Or just leave it empty. Each has issues. The stories or renting are all over this board.

Renting in NH with any dog can be a challenge. If you find anyone that will do this then take it quickly. Most landlords do not accept pets.

Here is the attorneys view of one case.
LINK

The landlords side of the story as read in newspapers at the time was that it was written in the rental agreement "No Pets". The landlords mistake was not initiating eviction notices immediately upon finding out that there was a dog in one of his rental units.

So most landlords do not take pets with rentals. Some do. But liability can be an issue.

And as a delivery person I have heard repeatedly that "my dog is different" and "my dog does not bite" etc. Well, I stopped counting the dog bites at one dozen and that was early in my career.

Good Luck.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
kauriel

Based on excellent feedback here on the forum we recently started using Bayside Rentals to rent out our place. http://www.baysiderentalsnh.com/

You can search properties online and contact them and they will try to find you something even if it does not appear as available. Instead of relying solely on available/online searches they often reach out to us owners to see if there's a way to make it work. For example, our unit has been unavailable past few weeks due to renovations and they called to see if we could move things around for potential renter. We couldn't make it work since floors had been ripped up and were in process of being replaced but we appreciated that they called to verify that it was truly unavailable!
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #4
ApS

Default Rentals in Wolfeboro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
If anyone knows of a good rental agent or month-by-month rental, please let me know.
The Granite State News will have the occasional listing, which you can view on-line at no charge. Try a "Real Estate Wanted", for the possibility of a rental "swap".

Wolfeboro should have plenty of winter rentals, but you may have to move once after a summer rental. Be sure of the heating provided, and that private roads get plowed in a timely manner.

Nancy Reed is a long-time rental agent in Wolfeboro: 569-3128. (Google for an e-mail address).

Although my summer rental has mostly been filled-up for twenty years, Nancy has checked with me every year since.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Cate, if you are looking in Wolfeboro, you should look at the Granite State News. It is the local weekly newspaper. The only problem is, it is not free. You have to buy a subscription to view it online. But they have quite a few rentals right now. Maybe when you come for a visit you could pick one up. I am sure you could find something easily. It is a good time to find a rent.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
CateP (05-30-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
winnisummergal

Default Rentals plus

Cate,

My family uses Rentals Plus, in Wolfeboro. She has rented our property for year round rental and also summer rental and we have had great service from her over the past eight years.

rentals-plus.net
603-569-6696
winnisummergal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winnisummergal For This Useful Post:
CateP (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
fatlazyless

The local newspaper, the www.laconiadailysun.com always has a lot of residential rentals in their classified ads section and they are right here on the internet.......free for everyone to read....except for the person who paid to post the ad and wants you to see it. Gilford - Laconia - Meredith; just scroll down to the classified ads.

For Moultonborough - Tuftonboro - Wolfeboro; the area rental ads would be in the www.conwaydailysun.com.
CateP (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
AllAbourdon

Default Realtor

Cate,

Have you selected a realtor? I know you were looking at buying a property so that same realtor should be able to find you a rental.
AllAbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
Lucky1

Default Hi Cate

Did you get my PM yesterday regarding renting? Not sure it was sent correctly but think it was.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Hermit Cover

Default Location

Cate...While we were building our house on the lake we rented a wonderful new garage townhouse in Waukewan Village in Meredith. A super convenient location close to town , just off 104 and next to Lake Waukewan and of course...the big lake. We lived there 3 years while the house was under construction. The subdivision was hard and slow to sell and it seems that there were lots of rentals available at the time. All the townhomes are two bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths with three levels. Just a thought....good hunting!
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #11
Kamper

http://www.lakesregionrealestate.com/

This link is to a Century 21 agency in the region. I enjoy looking through it from time-to-time. I believe they are a forum sponsor and you will find other agents with the "Links" button.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/links/browselinks.php?c=17

Try not to act too hastily just because a personal situation has changed. You may be too late in the season to get a good price but in the fall, more units will be open between the seasons and you might get a better deal for a long-term commitment.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
KBoater

Default Wolfeboro

Try Jan Allen or Cindy at Melanson Real Estate Wolfeboro.569-4488
Old 06-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnisummergal View Post
Cate,

My family uses Rentals Plus, in Wolfeboro. She has rented our property for year round rental and also summer rental and we have had great service from her over the past eight years.

rentals-plus.net
603-569-6696
If you don't find something in the paper, I think Rentals Plus does handle more year round real estate than any of the others in Wolfeboro.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
CateP

Well, after a bit more research and reflection, the rental option is not my best choice. Having two dogs really limits the options and for the type of housing I am looking for (basically a nice house) it's not financially smart for me to rent.

I appreciate everyone's input on this topic and hopefully this will help others who are looking for year-round rentals in the area.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote