Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Exclamation Rte 16 - Spaulding Turnpike

Just a warning to those who have not been northbound on Rte 16 in the Rochester area in the last few days.

Be advised that heading Northbound, Exit 15 to rte 11 and the Lakes Region is changed. It is now about a half mile before where you used to get off.

Exit 15 is now combined with exit 14 (Ten Rod Rd.). This is the first exit North of where Lowes is located at. Exit 14/15 is NOT well marked, and is about a quarter of a mile north of where traffic from the Lowes exit gets on Rte 16. As soon as you get on the exit 14/15, exit 14 will cut off to the right and exit 15 continues straight ahead to the lights at rte 11.

Also, FYI for heading southbound: If you want to go to Home Depot for instance and normally would have got off at exit 14 southbound, that exit is now closed. Get off on exit 15 southbound and it will take you to a set of lights. Turn left and it will take you to Home Depot.

Have Fun!!!!!!
GsChinadoll (06-02-2011), Resident 2B (05-26-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Steveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Just a warning to those who have not been northbound on Rte 16 in the Rochester area in the last few days.

Be advised that heading Northbound, Exit 15 to rte 11 and the Lakes Region is changed. It is now about a half mile before where you used to get off.

Exit 15 is now combined with exit 14 (Ten Rod Rd.). This is the first exit North of where Lowes is located at. Exit 14/15 is NOT well marked, and is about a quarter of a mile north of where traffic from the Lowes exit gets on Rte 16. As soon as you get on the exit 14/15, exit 14 will cut off to the right and exit 15 continues straight ahead to the lights at rte 11.

Also, FYI for heading southbound: If you want to go to Home Depot for instance and normally would have got off at exit 14 southbound, that exit is now closed. Get off on exit 15 southbound and it will take you to a set of lights. Turn left and it will take you to Home Depot.

Have Fun!!!!!!
Unfortunately I didn't see your thread before I totally missed the exit. No warning at all. Also the "Lake Winnipesaukee" sign is gone. They better replace it or I can see one hell of a protest coming from this crowd.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
bclaker

Thanks, I'll be going down that way for a dentil appointment in Barrington on the 13th and would have undoubtably ended up heading for North Conway on the way back.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote