Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
winniplayhouse

Default Miller's All My Sons - Discounts for veterans and active military

This weekend only, the Winni Players, the community theatre group at The Winnipesaukee Playhouse, will be presenting Arthur Miller's 20th century masterpiece, All My Sons.

We are delighted to offer discounted tickets to veterans and active military with id. Normal ticket prices are $18 for orchestra, $12 for balcony. The discounted rate is $12 for orchestra. Please call (603) 279-0333 and mention the discount when booking tickets.

Inspired by a newspaper article, Miller, America’s groundbreaking playwright, wrote the 20th century masterpiece in 1947. The news story described how in 1941–43, the Wright Aeronautical Corporation based in Ohio had conspired with army inspection officers to approve defective aircraft engines destined for military use.

Miller’s fictionalized account is a drama about family, business, ethics, loyalty, and love. At the heart is the flawed main character, Joe Keller, who knowingly shipped out defective airplane parts which ultimately caused the death of twenty-one servicemen. While his business partner paid the price and went to jail, Joe has escaped prosecution and prospered nicely. However, his security comes crashing down as his lies and betrayals take their toll on his wife, son, their neighbors, and loved ones.

Performances are this weekend only - Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm.

For more info, and to listen to our All My Sons podcast, visit www.winnipesaukeeplayhouse.org.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
Jersey Ed (02-04-2015), MGWillia (02-04-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
cominghome

Default All My Sons

We totally enjoyed the performance. The actors, individually and collectively, were excellent. Loved the set, as well!
cominghome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cominghome For This Useful Post:
winniplayhouse (02-09-2015)