Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
jetskier

Thumbs down Unbelievable

I was coming out of Sally's Gut with my daughter on the jetski and there was a tunnel hull entering Sally's Gut. The driver had the steering wheel in one hand and a fishing pole in the other (going about 15 mph). I am not a fisherman, but when the tackle is skimming in the wake, I don't think that the fish are going to be too enticed. He completely blocked the channel and then decided to spin around and shoot a plume of water up in the air (can you spell No Wake Zone?). After that the boat left at high speed on the wrong side of the markers.

This guy is definitely going to be a Darwin Award winner at some time along the line.

Jetskier
Old 09-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
ApS

Default Can't match that one, but...

Two seasons ago, a local tunnel-hull came by my place while trolling for bass..."a tad" too fast. He had two huge 2-stroke Mercs on it, and had both running.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,088 Times in 782 Posts
Default Weirs Channel

I was entering Weirs Channel last night about 10 PM. Going out was a huge pontoon boat with dozens of people. The music was loud and every one appears to be in the mood.

I think the Cap'n was too. He was coming down the middle more in my lane. I had pull to the rocks near Endicott Rock and shift to nuetral. He did not change speed nor did he try to pull over to his lane! With luck I did not hit a rock.

I was did lot of cruising yesterday. Boneheads everywhere! Left Lakeport, cruise to Sleepers, Wolfeboro, 20 Mile Bay, Silver Sands, the sand bar off Union Cemetary, back to 20 Mile Bay, then head home to Lakeport. Did not see one MP boat. I notice boat traffic is way down.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Saw one of the MP ribs out & about plus an older recreational style MP boat.

Could be that www.protectorboats.com is the maker of the newer MP boats? Makes a recreational style similar to the police-government style.