Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
dt5150

Default Lanes End Campground/Marina, Melvin Village

just wondering if anyone has any info about this place, specifically the campground. their website is pretty bare and nothing much comes up on a search about the place.

the wife and i are considering a seasonal camper/campground and there aren't very many on winni. ideally somewhere i can dock my boat so i can fish!
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
gokart-mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt5150 View Post
just wondering if anyone has any info about this place, specifically the campground. their website is pretty bare and nothing much comes up on a search about the place.

the wife and i are considering a seasonal camper/campground and there aren't very many on winni. ideally somewhere i can dock my boat so i can fish!
The people who run it are great. I use the marina and the shop and have no complaints. The campers I run into over there seem nice, the beach is beautiful, it's kid friendly (don't know if that's good or bad for you), but I've never stayed there.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
dt5150

that helps, thank you.

kid friendly is a must, we have a 2 yr old and a 7 yr old who both love to "camp". when i grew up, we had a seasonal site at clearwater campground for several years. some of my best memories are from those years and that place, i'd like to do the same for my kids.

there are tons of campgrounds with seasonal sites around, but i want one on the big like so i can use my boat.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

We're (my wife, 5-year-old, and 3-year-old) in Arcadia in Moultonborough and like it very much, but it's an association rather than a campground.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
Aguamenti

We kept our boat there one summer. Staff is super nice. Camp area always seemed clean, lots of kids running around. We weren't technically allowed beach access with our slip rental, but one of us would often take the kids to the beach area after a boat ride while the other closed up the boat. They have a nice sandy beach. Very convenient to have gas right there. Easy trips to Pier 19, Winter Harbor, and Wolfeboro.

Only reason we left is because we didn't have enough days to use our boat to justify the expense of the slip.
Aguamenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I have never used it but have always heard good things about Lanes End.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
Grant

Nice place. Great marina. Wonderful staff. We used the marina for service and storage for many years. Highly recommended. Not a campground. Seasonal cabins for rent, however.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #8
dt5150

thanks for the feedback guys. we went up on saturday and did a walk-through of the place. you're right, all seasonals, but that's good because that may be a good option for us. there are 2 units for sale in there, both seasonal travel trailers/campers. one is nice but on a crappy site. the other is older and smaller and in less than desirable condition, but it's on a nice site. it's about 20 yards from the waters edge with a nice fire pit. the owner wants too much for it though. probably not going to be doing anything this year, but at least we know about the place and we'll likely do a cabin rental and see how we like the it, if it's somewhere we'd like to be. overall our first impressions were pretty positive though.