Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2004, 04:44 AM   #1
Mr. V

Default Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train

I watched an episode of "Discoveries America," a high def channel on INHD2, which featured a segment on the "Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train."

I'd never heard of it before, but it's been around for years, and seems like a high quality experience all the way around: a "must do" for next summer.

Are any of you familiar with it?

The food was described as "home cooking," but some patrons described it as the best meal they ever ate.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #2
Lin

Our family did this dinner train in the early 90's and it was a very nice time all around back then. I'm sure it still is today. It was a wonderful experience for our family as we are all big train buffs. In fact last year we went from Boston to LA via train. On the way back we had dinner in the Amtrak dining car starting on the NM side of Raton Pass and ended dinner in CO on the other side of the tunnel. Here's a link to the Lafayette cafe train.

http://www.cafelafayette.com
Old 10-15-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
psu1978

Thumbs up Loved it!

My husband and I attended a convention at the Mt. Washington Hotel several years ago and one night they treated us to dinner on the Cafe Lafayette. It was the most relaxing meal I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying...something about eating a wonderful meal while viewing the beautiful scenery. The food was very good...I wouldn't call it "home cooking"...it was better than that! Based on my experience, I would highly recommend it.
psu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 AM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Other scenic railroads....

click here

Last edited by mcdude; 10-15-2004 at 08:49 AM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:35 AM   #5
Knomad

We went with another couple in September of this year. The food and service was excellent. It is a 5 course meal with your choice of 3 entrees. I'd recommend it to anyone - great for a special occasion. The round trip was 3 hours and we were eating the whole time. We sat in the dome car. The seating is tight, but not uncomfortable. Reservations are a must!
Knomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links