Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
ACME on the Broads

Default WOW the Old Channel Marine

Just bought a new Bernnington pontoon from the great folks at Winnisquam Marine on Winnipesaukee......boat was flawless at delivery, the team painstakingly patient explaining all the systems and overall just very nice people to deal with.

Evan V in particular has been sensational, a Turbo Ski Swing that we wanted came in a week after delivery and to our surprise they proactively picked up the boat and delivered it back to us within 3 hours..THAT'S SERVICE!

So far we're thrilled with the Bennington, it's everything they said it would be and then some.....equally impressed with Evan, Maxwell and Brian (owner and his dad Ed) what an enjoyable experience to have such great customer service that comes in a sincere and honest way.

If you haven't yet visited the docks at WOW you should, great service, competitive gas prices and a ship store with most everything.

To the team at WOW, thanks for everything!
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACME on the Broads For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (06-21-2018), upthesaukee (06-20-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 05:38 AM   #2
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post
Just bought a new Bernnington pontoon from the great folks at Winnisquam Marine on Winnipesaukee......boat was flawless at delivery, the team painstakingly patient explaining all the systems and overall just very nice people to deal with.

Evan V in particular has been sensational, a Turbo Ski Swing that we wanted came in a week after delivery and to our surprise they proactively picked up the boat and delivered it back to us within 3 hours..THAT'S SERVICE!

So far we're thrilled with the Bennington, it's everything they said it would be and then some.....equally impressed with Evan, Maxwell and Brian (owner and his dad Ed) what an enjoyable experience to have such great customer service that comes in a sincere and honest way.

If you haven't yet visited the docks at WOW you should, great service, competitive gas prices and a ship store with most everything.

Ryan, not Brian

They are the best around. Probably buying a Bennington from them this week.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME on the Broads View Post

Pics or it didn’t happen!! 😁😁

Congrats!

Dan
ITD (06-22-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
Doobs41378

Congrats indeed. Jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
jbolty

Thanks for posting the review. Far to often we all forget to take note of the positive since there is a lot more emotion built into complaining about something.

Another forum I moderate has a thread totally dedicated to positive reviews. There are plenty of complaints too but those must go elsewhere and having a place for it seems to encourage people to post good experiences.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The business model at Winnisquam has always been one of service, focused on Sales. So it is not surprising that you have / are having a good experience with your purchase from them. I think once people get over the transition and growing pains of a new owner, (as there are many grumpy people over some of the changes)... it will all be for the best.

The only issue I have ever had with Winnisquam, since buying a boat from them, which caused me to stop using their service dept. Was that they didn't seem to like that fact that I always wanted explanations, as to why they felt something was necessary to be done. I didn't and don't maintain my vessel with a "open unquestioning check book".... I do maintain my boat with a "open check book" for all repairs that need to be done... After being told my boat needed a tune up in the spring, after having just been tuned up in the fall, didn't sit right with me. A little attention to the carburetor, with some cleaner, and resetting the timing was all it took.... as opposed to changing all the plugs, distributor, and cap...In my case they lost sight of the fact, that I used there service dept. for convenience, so that my weekends didn't have to be tied up with maintenance activities and I could just use the boat.
WinnisquamZ (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM   #7
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

WOW got hammered on the I boat on Winni FB page for their handling of legacy slip renters, rightly so it would seem.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Phantom

Vita -- can't find it ….. can you cut/paste it here

Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #9
ACME on the Broads

Default My Error

Then make sure you buy it from Ryan and not Brian........Seriously, thanks for the correction, must be getting old or trying to type too fast.

Hope you enjoy your new boat as much as we are, congrats.
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Vita -- can't find it ….. can you cut/paste it here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/142345922446654/permalink/2139510509396842/

There is another one out there somewhere too, I just cant find it now.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/142345922446654/permalink/2139510509396842/

There is another one out there somewhere too, I just cant find it now.
There were quite a few complaint threads about WOW, both in terms of people losing their spots and in terms of price increases.

Congrats on the new boat!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
Hillcountry

Quote:
WOW got hammered on the I boat on Winni FB page for their handling of legacy slip renters, rightly so it would seem.
Hmmmm..”legacy slip owners”
I would tend to think that if a business gets sold, the new owner can rightfully, do what they want with slips as the “legacy” renters were not part of the new business owner’s “legacy” after all.
They’re simply creating new slip renters that may or may not become long term or “legacy” as you call them, renters.
Business is business. Go with the flow or get out of the way...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #13
The Real BigGuy

Like everything, I imagine there are 2 sides to the story. I’d love to hear WOWs as this doesn’t sound like the way they do business.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
SIKSUKR

Essentially people were pretty mad about losing their slips through no fault of their own. I understand WOW wanted slips to help sell new boats. Both sides have legitimate arguments imo.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Hmmmm..”legacy slip owners”
I would tend to think that if a business gets sold, the new owner can rightfully, do what they want with slips as the “legacy” renters were not part of the new business owner’s “legacy” after all.
They’re simply creating new slip renters that may or may not become long term or “legacy” as you call them, renters.
Business is business. Go with the flow or get out of the way...
I never wrote "legacy slip owners", I wrote renters. The new owners can choose to run their business as they see fit, but their lack of notice to renters stinks of bad business. If you had a slip for 6 years, and the only way that you knew it was not renewed was a lack of a deposit request, I am sure you would not be so casual about the situation. Thanks for the business lesson
Old 06-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #16
Hillcountry

Quote:
I never wrote "legacy slip owners", I wrote renters. The new owners can choose to run their business as they see fit, but their lack of notice to renters stinks of bad business. If you had a slip for 6 years, and the only way that you knew it was not renewed was a lack of a deposit request, I am sure you would not be so casual about the situation. Thanks for the business lesson

You’re welcome!
Hmmm my mistake on that (renter/owner) point but I still hold to the new owner doing as he pleases...
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote