Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
dpg

Default Dumpsters

Who locally (Moultonborough) can drop off a dumpster for typical yard junk that's been sitting around? It would be for yard waste items, old decking boards, old (rotting) pieces of fire wood, maybe some brush, etc... How much are they? No, I don't know what size I need or even how they come. I'd guess (no knowledge of them) maybe about 10 ft. long by 5 ft. wide. Also, can house hold things be mixed in if it's primarily yard waste or does it have to remain yard waste if that's my intentions? Thanks...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Who locally (Moultonborough) can drop off a dumpster for typical yard junk that's been sitting around? It would be for yard waste items, old decking boards, old (rotting) pieces of fire wood, maybe some brush, etc... How much are they? No, I don't know what size I need or even how they come. I'd guess (no knowledge of them) maybe about 10 ft. long by 5 ft. wide. Also, can house hold things be mixed in if it's primarily yard waste or does it have to remain yard waste if that's my intentions? Thanks...
Maybe this is all you need:

http://www.thebagster.com/

Easy, convenient, and probably not as expensive as a regular dumpster.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
dpg

Yard waste is not accepted in Bagsters in New Hampshire but thanks. So...Dumpsters anyone?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,382 Times in 958 Posts

Casella does Tuftonboro/Wolfeboro, not sure about Moultonboro. I think we pd. about 600$ for 15 yd? I hope I am telling you the right numbers. I could be way off. I would just call them and ask. The thing to remember is get one big enough because if you go over in weight, it cost a LOT.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Yard waste is not accepted in Bagsters in New Hampshire but thanks. So...Dumpsters anyone?
Yard waste is acceptable in a dumpster, but not in a Bagster? I wonder why. If I were you, I would contact Waste Management directly and see what they can do for you.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
ITD

I believe everything you want get rid of can be dumped at the transfer station, it will be much cheaper than a dumpster that will cost at least a few hundred dollars.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default Why not

Just Google it or check yellow pages. It is really hard to get a good estimate because the prices are constantly going up. Not often down.
Also calling direct you can find out what is and what is not allowed to be dumped. I know hazardous waste is out of the question.
I googled it and most want to know specifics like what is going in, how long, all things the person making the request would know.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
wifi

Bagsters are not serviced in Moultonboro, I tried. My problem is the driveway is not a highway, and they won't bring one down, and I won't cut trees for a dumpster
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
You asked this same question last year....http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...light=dumpster
Old 05-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
You asked this same question last year....http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...light=dumpster
And he got some pretty good answers, too.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
I know but thanks for reminding me. This year we're following through and doing the work. Dump (oops recycling center) is not an option as I'm not making 50 trips in my Honda Auto.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
LakeSnake

I just researched the same and found Dumpster Depot to be the least expensive. I went with a 15 Yard dumpster that has a 1 ton weight limit for 295.00. Additional weight at 98.00 per ton.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
tis

Thanked 1,382 Times in 958 Posts

Thanks, LakeSnake That was the other one I was trying to think of. We didn't use that one though.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
Kamper

The "Bagster" would work but you'd have to transport it yourself and I think that's what the O/P is trying to avoid. I have a 4X8 trailer with stakes and slats. I use a bagster as a liner but the back wall is slit for removal.

I have a 2nd one that I am going to rig as a cover in case i ever have to help someone move in bad weather.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
Belmont Resident

Default Even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
The "Bagster" would work but you'd have to transport it yourself and I think that's what the O/P is trying to avoid. I have a 4X8 trailer with stakes and slats. I use a bagster as a liner but the back wall is slit for removal.

I have a 2nd one that I am going to rig as a cover in case i ever have to help someone move in bad weather.
I have a 10K dump trailer (sorry dpg to far to offer my services) and we wait till the once a year free dump day in Laconia. I load that thing up with all the stuff we’ve been collecting for the last year and dump it for free.
That is the only good thing that has come out of my wife deciding to buy a rental property in Laconia is the use of the transfer station, and the ability to write off a lot of purchases to it.
Best trailer investment I ever made was that dump trailer.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Do you have a hitch on your car? You could rent a uhaul trailer, and cart the stuff to the dump....

I will be doing this later this year myself......
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #17
dpg

Nope no hitch either but thanks...I've actually been contacted by PM by someone offering their services and actually borrowed a pickup (family) and made one trip (we brought some stuff home. I wasn't sure how/if a borrowed or rented vehicle could get into the dump. Well I'm sure it can but didn't know the specifics how that day.