Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Andrew

Default Jetski'ing + Lodging

My brother and I and our girlfriends are thinking of taking a weekend trip up to the lake the weekend of 13th-14th for a family reunion and I was looking to rent a place to stay and 2 jetski's for the weekend. I think it would be easier to find a place to stay from my house here in Mass but I was looking to find a place to rent ski's and make resorvations before I make my way up. Can anyone help?

Also, If anyone can give me some tips/rules of jetski'ing on the lake I would apprechate it. I want to have a nice easy saturday of crusing around the lake (and not piss anyone off).

Last edited by Andrew; 08-01-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
Aquadeziac

Thumbs up

I believe the jetski rental place behind Zylas in the channel has 1/2 day and full day special pricing. Not positive on prices but think its fair to estimate $400-$500 for a full day per machine. There is also a place on Rte 3 just south of Jays Marina that rents jetskis on a long term basis and will deliver them to your location. Maybe someone out there has the name, I don't off hand.
As far as tips....check out the State's website for Marine rules. And if you fall within the dates that require boater certification the rental place should require you to produce your card or you can take a short version of the test for a temp (14 days-one time only) certificate. First and foremost become one with the 150' rule, the no-wake rule and the Right of Way rule. These are the three fastest ways to piss off other boaters. Secondly, have fun...safely.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default Alton Bay area

here's a link to Bayside Inn. check out their website...they do have rentals on boats and personal watercraft.

http://www.bayside-inn.com/lake.htm

Enjoy your weekend and the lakes region.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #4
SPANKY

Talking

try the margate in laconia. nice beach and a waterfront bar to hang out or grab a bite to eat. they rent waverunners right there, but only to their hotel guests (you can reserve them when you make your room reservations). it is located at the end of paugus bay, a good place to cruise around and get familiar with riding before heading out into the rest of the lake.
SPANKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:21 AM   #5
PROPELLER

Default Margate

Just an FYI, there have been several negative posts regarding the Margate in the past. You may want to review the archive before choosing to stay there.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Andrew

thanks guys!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
ghfromaltonbay

Default Paugus Bay location

I've also had negative comments about the Margate from people who've stayed there. They now use Barton's just up the road and have raved about the place (very clean and reasonable rates). Barton's is near several places that rent PWC's and also near several good places to eat such as Pepper's and the Paugus Bay diner for breakfast.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
SIKSUKR

I've stayed at Bartons and give it thumbs up also.It is an old style motel that is very clean and sits on a nice peace of property.Nice beach area with docking if you have a boat.They don't want PWC's docked or beached at their property however.I have brought mine but I launch only for the day,but they will allow you to park it overnite in a trailer area.They have been booked the last few weeks though ,so call now if you want something in August.SS
Old 08-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #9
SPANKY

Talking

well i guess that's some good (or bad) feedback about the margate. i never stayed there but knew they rented to guests. i was thinking of a weekend there later this month but may reconsider it now, thanks. there is waverunner rental place in laconia between the naswa and the bridge. i think it is called happy landing rentals.
SPANKY is offline   Reply With Quote