Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Charlie T

Default Atlantic Broadband

Does anyone have an email address for Atlantic Broadband Corporate managment?
Over the past 2 days I've spent hours on hold listening to their advertising while waiting for for customer service reps to answer. When I finally got someone they were rude and abusive. I know AB mgt. won't care but I'd like to send an email describing the total frustration with their reps. I believe I've canceled my service but the last rep hung up before I could get a confirmation on that.

Has anyone had any success with Direct TV internet at the lake?

Thanks

Charlie T
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
The Real BigGuy

Can’t find an e-mail but fond the following:

Richard J Shea - President & CEO
Atlantic Broadband Corp
2 Batterymarch Park, suite 205
Quincy, MA 02169

I feelthat a letter often carries more weight than an e-mail because it shows you took some extra time to compose it and spent the time & $ to mail it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Real BigGuy For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Consolidated Communications does internet, and will replace the line from the road to your house with cat-5 wire, so it works with no glitches.

Even on my 60" x 120" el cheapo, big screen tv, the you tube tv streams with no loss of definition with their cheapest 20m-sbd service.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Consolidated Communications does internet, and will replace the line from the road to your house with cat-5 wire, so it works with no glitches.

Even on my 60" x 120" el cheapo, big screen tv, the you tube tv streams with no loss of definition with their cheapest 20m-sbd service.
Cat-5 has been outdated for years. Demand your money back.

If they are running Cat-5 network cable from the road to your house, Demand your money back.

I would demand that refund even if they did it for FREE!
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Outdoorsman For This Useful Post:
swnoel (03-20-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post

He does not need it back, ah, sigh,......... the ultra wealthy, wish I had a 5 foot by 10 foot screen.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

It's a massive upgrade from the string and two Dixie cups it replaced.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Cat-5 has been outdated for years. Demand your money back.

If they are running Cat-5 network cable from the road to your house, Demand your money back.

Consolidated Communications only has DSL that runs off your telephone line which is twisted copper wires.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Yes .... well ..... you know the large modem, about the size of a shoe box, that comes with the Consolidated least expensive, monthly service, has no problem streaming the You Tube TV, and will transmit through the cottage wall/windows, and out across the frozen lake, to my Acer 15" $179 lap top set up on a $2.85 5-gal white ice-fish'n bucket with no loss of detail.

Am out here on the ice right now, screened behind the bucket, watching three deer on the shoreline, scrounge the dry crusty snow for left-over bird seed dropped from the overhead bird feeder by a sloppy black capped chick-a-dee.
stingray (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Cable

Cat 5, Cat 5e, cat 6 etc. House was built wired at Cat 5 in every room of the house except the bathrooms. Metrocast and AB will install Cat 5e from the modem to the TV or PC only outside the wall. Its up to the owners to upgrade the wires in the house. I choose to use PLNA (Power line network adaptors) to provide internet service to other rooms. Works better for me than wireless.

Same as coax cable, Cables need to be upgraded to RG6, also the responsibility of the home owner, Also the cable need to run from one splitter to each room as oppose to running in series to each room. AB and Metrocast will only install RG6 outside the walls. The HOA is dead set against this practice, that is why I have poor internet service until I replace the cable from the box outside the unit to the modem. Not an easy task to replace cable wires.

What is odd is that in Rochester, instead of using existing AB/Metrocast wires, new Comcast subscribers get all new cable to and into the house and new modems cables and CAT 6 wires to the TV, PCs etc. They leave the old wires there, and run the new parallel to the old. Can't seem to see the justification.

FLL can make some money removing the old wires and sell to scrap dealers!

What's next?
Old 03-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #10
The Real BigGuy

Comcast can’t use the other guys wires outside the house because they “belong” to the other guys. When I replaced Comcast with Verizon years ago (I run underground from the pole to the house) the Verizon guys cut Comcast’s cable as close to the conduit as possible so that I could never go back. I asked them why they just didn’t pull them out of the conduit and they said they couldn’t because the were owned by Comcast.

The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #11
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I asked them why they just didn’t pull them out of the conduit and they said they couldn’t because the were owned by Comcast.
Yet they "cut" them close to the conduits opening so they could not be used in the future !! Dirty, dirty little contractors trick !! ………..

Three affects immediately come to mind, (1) at some point your conduit will needlessly be at it's fill factor due to "abandoned" cable (2) due to the dubious behavior, now - should you go back to Comcast (or other) they have driven up the cost of the install ….. whether you the "customer" pays for that at the time - ultimately we pay in our monthly service fees (3) at a minimum, if they simply left it alone it could be used as a future "pull string".
Charlie T (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #12
Charlie T

Quote:
Can’t find an e-mail but fond the following:

Richard J Shea - President & CEO
Atlantic Broadband Corp
2 Batterymarch Park, suite 205
Quincy, MA 02169

I feelthat a letter often carries more weight than an e-mail because it shows you took some extra time to compose it and spent the time & $ to mail it.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Batterymarch Park is about 5 miles from my normal residence. I could hand deliver it :-) I appreciate the info.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #13
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie T View Post
Thank you.

Batterymarch Park is about 5 miles from my normal residence. I could hand deliver it :-) I appreciate the info.
Mark it "Personal and Confidential" and it will have a better chance of landing on the desk of someone higher up the food chain.

Otherwise, some secretary will open it and say "Oh, another complaint" and throw it in the trash.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Charlie T (03-20-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #14
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

I find this odd that the cable in the conduit are owned by the providers.
1. The wires from the junction box on the corner are run a few inches below ground from the junction box in the corner. HOA has underground utilities. Once the wire was sliced when the landscaper was mowing. I had to pay for the service! Weasels!
2. HOA was told by Metrocast, the agreement back in the 70's was the HOA owns the wires in the main conduit, therefore the HOA has to pay for the upgrade to RG6. The expense was prohibitive. They will pay RG6 from the box on the unit to the TV and or modem!
3. Fairpoint upgraded their 'trunk' at no added cost from copper to fibre optics. Mainly because HOA trunk serves Lexington Ave and Lynnewood Ave. Rather than run wires from one street to the other, they choose to bury it.
What is odd when they install fiber optics, our DSL speed remains the same????

I was told by the independent fibre optics installer that anyone can lease a fibre optics cable to competitors, its common practice in the South.

Sounds like one heck of a racket!

Quote:
Comcast can’t use the other guys wires outside the house because they “belong” to the other guys. When I replaced Comcast with Verizon years ago (I run underground from the pole to the house) the Verizon guys cut Comcast’s cable as close to the conduit as possible so that I could never go back. I asked them why they just didn’t pull them out of the conduit and they said they couldn’t because the were owned by Comcast