Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Area WebCAMs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
Woody38

Default unable to get flightcraft live video

Has anyone had trouble with this. Never had a problem until yesterday when it said my browser didn't support it. Using Internet Explorer.
Thanks for any suggestion.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Denis D

Default I have same problem

It is also happening with the Wolfeboro cam. Also, the new Center Harbor Inn cam just shows an old winter photo when you click on it.

Denis D
Old 07-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts

The Flightcraft CAM relies on Youtube to distribute the feed. The camera sends a single feed to Youtube and they send it out to dozens or even millions of viewers.

Yesterday and early today I noticed at times that the feed was jerky and the quality was poor. I checked the Wolfeboro CAM (same kind of camera) and it had the same problem. I tried a few other Youtube live feeds from around the internet and they also were not working well. A short while later this had cleared up. Obviously Youtube was having a problem.

Having said that can you view other Youtube videos? If not something on your computer is blocking them. Ad blockers, Ghostery and aggressive anti-virus programs could do that but that would be unusual since Youtube is so widely used.

While the Youtube feeds usually work great there occasionally can be problems caused by many different factors. It's not perfect but still very good and free for us CAM operators!

The problem with the Center Harbor Inn CAM was mentioned in this thread:

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=22155

Here's the Flightcraft feed:

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Denis D

I still have the same issue with all 3 sites but I tried on my Ipad and they work fine. So it appears to be an IE problem, possibly something in a recent update. The message I get on the Flightcraft and Wolfeboro cams is "your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available". This message used to appear for a few moments and then the video would appear. Now it's just the message.

Denis D
Old 07-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis D View Post
I still have the same issue with all 3 sites but I tried on my Ipad and they work fine. So it appears to be an IE problem, possibly something in a recent update. The message I get on the Flightcraft and Wolfeboro cams is "your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available". This message used to appear for a few moments and then the video would appear. Now it's just the message.
Interesting. I just tried it using IE and am seeing the same message. Apparently IE is not up to speed with HTML5.

My best suggestion is to use Chrome or Firefox. They both display the video without trouble. Most people don't use IE anymore and that could be why you're the first to point out the problem.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Denis D

Thanks W.. but I am determined to get to the bottom of it since I know it worked up to a week or so ago.

BTW.. Woody38 was the first, I am #2.

Denis D
Old 07-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Denis D

Default Updat

All cams magically started working correctly again this week. Someone must have excised the demons.

Denis D