Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2021, 10:22 PM   #1
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default Lake Alert App now available

If you live on an island or boat on Winnipesaukee you need the Lake Alert App. Professional help is usually 15 to 30 minutes away if you live on an island and a tow boat could be hours away if you break down. Lake Alert is not a substitute for calling 911 for help. You call 911 then send out an alert to your neighbors or fellow boaters alerting them to a fire, medical emergency or a boater in distress. A neighbor who might be a nurse responding while waiting for EMS could be a lifesaver. A fellow boater might give you a tow to a safe dock or a lot of boaters might tow you home. A small fire caused by a downed power line could be controlled by several islanders keeping it manageable until the fire department arrives. Many neighbors have a better chance of finding a lost child.
Originally developed by The Meredith Islands Association for use on the Meredith Islands, it has been expanded to include all of the larger islands and a special group for boaters. All islanders who download the App are encouraged to also join the boaters group.
The app is now sponsored by The Goodhue Boat Company and to celebrate their sponsorship and the fourth we are offering the app at a reduced price. In addition everyone who has downloaded the app by midnight July 3 will be entered into a drawing for a $50. Gas Gift certificate to be used at either Goodhue's Wolfeboro or Meredith locations. There are both Apple and Android versions so go to the Apple store or Play store and download Lake Alert Today.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bilproject For This Useful Post:
trfour (07-01-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #2
Ms Molly McKever
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 84
Thanks: 34
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilproject View Post
If you live on an island or boat on Winnipesaukee you need the Lake Alert App. Professional help is usually 15 to 30 minutes away if you live on an island and a tow boat could be hours away if you break down. Lake Alert is not a substitute for calling 911 for help. You call 911 then send out an alert to your neighbors or fellow boaters alerting them to a fire, medical emergency or a boater in distress. A neighbor who might be a nurse responding while waiting for EMS could be a lifesaver. A fellow boater might give you a tow to a safe dock or a lot of boaters might tow you home. A small fire caused by a downed power line could be controlled by several islanders keeping it manageable until the fire department arrives. Many neighbors have a better chance of finding a lost child.
Originally developed by The Meredith Islands Association for use on the Meredith Islands, it has been expanded to include all of the larger islands and a special group for boaters. All islanders who download the App are encouraged to also join the boaters group.
The app is now sponsored by The Goodhue Boat Company and to celebrate their sponsorship and the fourth we are offering the app at a reduced price. In addition everyone who has downloaded the app by midnight July 3 will be entered into a drawing for a $50. Gas Gift certificate to be used at either Goodhue's Wolfeboro or Meredith locations. There are both Apple and Android versions so go to the Apple store or Play store and download Lake Alert Today.
what is the reduced price ?
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default

.99 through July 3, midnight
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
Phantom
Senior Member
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin, Ma / Gilford
Posts: 1,905
Thanks: 424
Thanked 599 Times in 335 Posts
Default

The App says $2.99 and there is absolutely no content !

Scam ??
__________________
A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #5
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
The App says $2.99 and there is absolutely no content !

Scam ??
Apple store changed price back to 2.99 before midnight on the 3rd as they were instructed. We have corrected but they will not make the change until midnight so check tommorrow. The app is a reporting app I'm not sure what you mean by content. I assure you the app was developed by the Meredith Islands Association and is not a Scam. It has been out for a month and I didn't post it here because of all the rude responses that happen here. You don't want it or don't like it just do not buy it. Keep your slanderous remarks to yourself.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #6
mswlogo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 639
Thanks: 193
Thanked 222 Times in 143 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilproject View Post
Apple store changed price back to 2.99 before midnight on the 3rd as they were instructed. We have corrected but they will not make the change until midnight so check tommorrow. The app is a reporting app I'm not sure what you mean by content. I assure you the app was developed by the Meredith Islands Association and is not a Scam. It has been out for a month and I didn't post it here because of all the rude responses that happen here. You don't want it or don't like it just do not buy it. Keep your slanderous remarks to yourself.
FYI it’s showing $0.99 for me now in Apple App Store.

I agree about your comment about negativity on the forum.

Good luck with the app. Perhaps you’ll expand it to all the NH lakes some day.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:13 AM   #7
Phantom
Senior Member
 
Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin, Ma / Gilford
Posts: 1,905
Thanks: 424
Thanked 599 Times in 335 Posts
Default

I am a longggg time poster here - and your comments were off base !

My post was not intended to be slandeous nor negative - as I was charged $2.99 (receipt in hand), opened the App to find it had no content on ANY of the pages began to wonder if a) it was still under development or b) a scam

My post simply asked “a scam?”

There are way too many of then in the digital world these days … it was a fair question.

- the end / move on.
__________________
A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #8
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Phantom, you should have just said what you said now. I down loaded the app and I see nothing what is the problem. No need for adding Scam. That aside if you are using apple and are seeing a white screen go to settings and put your phone in dark mode or night mode. Open the app and you should see 3 boxes that you have to check to move on. When the main screen comes up at the top left is a menu icon 3 bars. Tap that and you will see a list. Tap neighborhood and the next screen will have a plus sign in the top right . Hit the plus sign and a list of islands will come up. Join the appropriate island and also the boaters group. You can also join the islanders test group if you would like top play with the app a bit sending out alerts to that group. When you have finished testing go back to the list of nneighborhoods and leave the test groups so you don't get a bunch of test alerts from others. If you are on Facebook search Lake Alert and find our page. Much of this is listed there. Also once you have done the above you will get notifications of changes or problems with the app. We made a change on Friday that created an unexpected problem that you experienced. We have a fix in but the app stores take a few days to approve them and push them out. If you have Android get back to me and I will get with the developer.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bilproject For This Useful Post:
Phantom (07-05-2021)
Old 05-06-2022, 02:41 PM   #9
Keel Holler
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 13
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I searched “Lake Alert” in the App Store and don’t see it. Does it have a different name now, or is it defunct?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Keel Holler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:11 PM   #10
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 3,370
Thanks: 985
Thanked 1,269 Times in 807 Posts
Default Fee?

Is this a one time fee? Monthly? Annual?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:35 PM   #11
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Is this a one time fee? Monthly? Annual?
Should be able to access it in 24 to 48 hours. Fee is one time. Trying to lower it to.99 same as android. Apples fees are much higher so it may stay at 2.99. Covers our cost of operation and up dates to the app to keep up with changes in phones.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bilproject For This Useful Post:
I.C.Isles (05-07-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 05:34 AM   #12
bilproject
Senior Member
 
bilproject's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bear Island/Fort Myers, Fla
Posts: 228
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts
Default Lake Alert app

The app is available again in the apple app store. The app is for use by islanders and boaters on lake Winnipesaukee to alert neighbors and boaters of emergencies and upset conditions so that locals can provide assistance prior to professional personnel arriving. When using the app remember to call 911 first then post to the app. The fee is one time and is solely used by the Meredith Islands Association to maintain the app. Any one having a question or needing assistance using the app can contact us through the Lake Alert Facebook page or email to meredithislandassociation@gmail.com
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.67598 seconds