Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2017, 03:13 AM   #1
ericnh

Default BBQ and Cider Bellies - Bellies and Butts at old Center Harbor Provisions!

This is going to be great!

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/speci...lies-and-butts
ericnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
winni83

It is great. Been there twice for the donuts. Fresh out of the fryer and hot. To die for. Have not tried the BBQ yet.
winni83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
phoenix

good location for them and really no local bbq place. there are a lot of sandwich and pizza places
Old 05-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains

Cider Bellies Doughnuts are the best. We always get a dozen at their Hooksett rest stop location. When we get to the camp, my shirt is covered in cinnamon and we only have a half dozen doughnuts left.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
aquabones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnh View Post
So happy to have this close the Center harbor Docks. My kids went there last Sunday by boat and picked up ribs, brisket, and pulled pork and some side orders. The food was excellent.
One morning we had coffee and a donut. Also good.
GOOD LUCK and hope they do well!!
aquabones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #6
jeffk

Default Menu

Menu for Bellies and Butts
Attached Images

jeffk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Prices look reasonable, especially if serving size is good. Down here we have KC's Rib Shack, The Riverside, and Willie Jewells--the range of prices for the same thing (3-way plate with two sides) is $15-30, and the quality and serving size isn't much different.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Orion

Default Uh oh....

"Ready for you to eat......or......ready for you to re-heat" Nice! Looks like it's gonna be a regular stop on the way up to the camp with an empty cooler.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
jeffk

BTW, I live in Center Harbor so it's an easy Friday evening (takeout night) stop. I had the pulled pork plate with corn bread (delicious) and slaw (OK). Then I got a pulled pork sandwich with potato salad (yum). Yeah, yeah, pulled pork twice. What can I say, I like it and it's not as common up here. It was delicious. Sometime BBQ can be a bit greasy and can challenge my delicate stomach . This was great and easy eating and digesting.

I'll try to get something else next time.

As an aside, our other Friday takeout has recently been a preassembled (all fresh ingredients) pizza from Heaths in Center Harbor (only available Friday). It's a thin crust and you just pop it in the oven. I like the "everything" style but they make them to order if you can wait and they have several varieties ready to go. Pick one (or three) up on the way in and pop it in the oven while you unpack.
jeffk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #10
StardogChampion

Nice to see this. Last year before we moved up to the lake full time we lived right near Goody Cole's BBQ in Brentwood NH. So good and very much missed. Now we can get BBQ by boat!
StardogChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post
Nice to see this. Last year before we moved up to the lake full time we lived right near Goody Cole's BBQ in Brentwood NH. So good and very much missed. Now we can get BBQ by boat!
Hey, I've been trying to get to Goody Cole's--is it that good?! The reviews say so!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #12
StardogChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Hey, I've been trying to get to Goody Cole's--is it that good?! The reviews say so!
It is really good but with so many different styles of BBQ I have to say it depends a lot on what style you like. Their BBQ is not the saucy kind. Their brisket and pulled pork were always a favorite.

A real hidden gem not too far north of there on 125 in Epping is this place: http://bbq.huntspoint.com/ (despite the Google reviews).

Lone Star in Tilton I thought was really good.

Moat Mountain in N. Conway's brisket is so good.

My favorite though is the Sunset Cantina in Allston, MA across the street from BU. Their BBQ sauce is to die for. Get the Texas ribs with onion rings .

Great, it's 10am and I want BBQ.
StardogChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #13
noreast

Quote:

Goody Cole's is the only BBQ place I've been to at least 15 times and never had anything but great food, Also recommended it to everyone and never had a complaint, Whch has never happened at any place. Usually I find a place and by the 2nd or third time it's not as good as previous. The last 2 times I was at the one in Manchester (can't remember name) it sucked and they were out of brisket both times, That does happen a lot though at all BBQ's.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #14
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreast View Post
Goody Cole's is the only BBQ place I've been to at least 15 times and never had anything but great food, Also recommended it to everyone and never had a complaint, Whch has never happened at any place. Usually I find a place and by the 2nd or third time it's not as good as previous. The last 2 times I was at the one in Manchester (can't remember name) it sucked and they were out of brisket both times, That does happen a lot though at all BBQ's.
Hit up Goody Cole's last week, and it was GREAT. Too bad it's 40 minutes from home...

Old 07-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #15
noreast

Got to B&B yesterday, the Brisket was spectacular. I've had probably 4 perfect Briskets in my life and that was one. I thought the ribs were good as well, But ribs are more subjective I've learned.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #16
Orion

Smile great...again

Stopped there a few weeks ago for the first time had chopped brisket sandwich with their mild BBQ sauce....best sandwich ever. Stopped there by boat for second time yesterday and everyone enjoyed their dinners. I sampled ribs, sausage, and brisket.....all excellent. I hesitated to post because I prefer to keep "my" special place a secret but they've done an excellent job and the staff is super and they deserve to do well. Plates prices are reasonable as they include 2 sides, corn bread (great!) and a beverage. Center Harbor is gonna need more docks!
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #17
noreast

Center Harbor will need more picnic tables at the very least.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #18
kawishiwi

Default Very nice meal

B&B is the best bbq Ive had in years. Saw the smoke and stopped in before noon for fresh off the racks brisket & ribs. Even actually really liked the cole slaw. Very nice to find a well reviewed place live up to the reviews.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:23 AM   #19
cominghome

Default Great BBQ

The meal for 6 is a great deal, and pleases everyone! We recommend getting extra mac & cheese

Last edited by cominghome; 07-26-2017 at 06:24 AM. Reason: added sentence
cominghome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #20
jbolty

Have not had a chance to try the BBQ but I can vouch for the donuts.
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:51 PM   #21
thinkxingu

Just finishing lunch with my 7-year-old and two friends. We ordered the dinner for four, which, easily, could have fed five. More importantly, food was RIDICULOUSLY good and service was quick and pleasant. Will definitely be back! Here's a pic of the dinner for four (container of beans and one corn bread missing, because my son stole them before the platter settled).

Old 07-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #22
panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
BTW, I live in Center Harbor so it's an easy Friday evening (takeout night) stop. I had the pulled pork plate with corn bread (delicious) and slaw (OK). Then I got a pulled pork sandwich with potato salad (yum). Yeah, yeah, pulled pork twice. What can I say, I like it and it's not as common up here. It was delicious. Sometime BBQ can be a bit greasy and can challenge my delicate stomach . This was great and easy eating and digesting.

I'll try to get something else next time.

As an aside, our other Friday takeout has recently been a preassembled (all fresh ingredients) pizza from Heaths in Center Harbor (only available Friday). It's a thin crust and you just pop it in the oven. I like the "everything" style but they make them to order if you can wait and they have several varieties ready to go. Pick one (or three) up on the way in and pop it in the oven while you unpack.
We'll have to give it another chance. We did takeout a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday and ordered various items. They shorted us one full meal (we had to go back for it) and the best rating among our group was a C-. Must of caught them too close to closing time. Will try again....only because I trust the collective wisdom of this forum!
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #23
barefootbay

The ribs look quite dry .
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #24
thinkxingu

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbay View Post
The ribs look quite dry .
Ribs weren't dry at all--they don't bathe them in sauce like some BBQ joints, so you can taste the rib.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #25
Hillcountry

Quote:
Ribs weren't dry at all--they don't bathe them in sauce like some BBQ joints, so you can taste the rib.

I like most of my meats especially BBQ plain so I can taste the meat and smoke.
I will dip sparingly though.
All others like steaks just salt n pepper.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #26
LakeWinniMom

Unhappy Cider Bellies

I just found out that Cider bellies is no longer part of Bellies & Butts, not sure what happened. They are still available at Moulton Farms though.
LakeWinniMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #27
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeWinniMom View Post
I just found out that Cider bellies is no longer part of Bellies & Butts, not sure what happened. They are still available at Moulton Farms though.
Must be recent, we were there two weeks ago and had bellies and butts. Both were excellent. Ribs are much different than Texas Smoke, Texas are St Louis Ribs and fall apart where Butts are baby back and a little firmer. I also agree I like to taste the ribs and smoke and only use a small amount of sauce.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #28
thinkxingu

Been here a few times, and it's GREAT, but I've got one issue: they've got some multi-meat plates but not one that offers brisket and ribs. I'd very much like it if they made their plates "2 meat," "3 meat," etc. I get that it's a small thing, but variety is essential for good BBQ!

Old 08-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #29
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default "dunkin" ????

Quote:

"DUNKIN" (doughnuts), a Drive Up Window and Short Hours?????
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #30
NHskier

Quote:
This is very sudden, and disappointing! We had lunch there on Friday (delicious!) and picked up a few donuts for the road.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #31
kawishiwi

Quote:
Been here a few times, and it's GREAT, but I've got one issue: they've got some multi-meat plates but not one that offers brisket and ribs. I'd very much like it if they made their plates "2 meat," "3 meat," etc. I get that it's a small thing, but variety is essential for good BBQ!

+1 I had the very same thought. Loved the brisket, love the ribs. Would get that combo often.
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #32
Nagigator

Default Good stuff

Had lunch there today. Half rack ribs very tasty smoky. Great sides mac and cheese And awesome coleslaw. Food came out quickly. Thumbs up. .
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:00 AM   #33
LakeWinniMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHskier View Post
This is very sudden, and disappointing! We had lunch there on Friday (delicious!) and picked up a few donuts for the road.
I emailed them yesterday to make a fairly large order for this coming weekend, and requested to pickup at Bellie & Butts. They emailed back stating they have removed themselves from that business permanently. The donuts they now are serving are Goody Good Donuts out of Laconia (but I am not sure when the change occurred).

I am glad the BBQ portion is doing well. It would be cool if they can come up with some creative Breakfast items.
LakeWinniMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #34
joey2665

Thumbs up Goody Good

Quote:
I emailed them yesterday to make a fairly large order for this coming weekend, and requested to pickup at Bellie & Butts. They emailed back stating they have removed themselves from that business permanently. The donuts they now are serving are Goody Good Donuts out of Laconia (but I am not sure when the change occurred).

I am glad the BBQ portion is doing well. It would be cool if they can come up with some creative Breakfast items.

That is awesome news. We love Goody Good Donuts!!!!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #35
thinkxingu

Anyone know why the fallout? I really liked both offerings.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #36
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

A few weeks ago my party of 9 decided to get a big take-out from the Texas Smokehouse on the pier at Weirs Beach. We were surprised and disappointed that they were closed on Mondays. I remembered the new Bellies and Butts in Center Harbor and we made the trip over. We ordered 2 dinners for 4 to go and they were great! Everyone loved the ribs, chicken, sausage, sides (Mac & Cheese!) and of course the cornbread. There was plenty of food for 9 and we had some leftovers for the next day. The workers at the store were friendly and helpful and we would definitely go back.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #37
mneck1814

I went to JoJo's on Sunday morning to pick up some Cider Bellies and found the donut case empty. The JoJo's manager told me she got a last minute email in the early hours of Sunday morning saying they would not be delivering any donuts on Sunday and that they would be vacating the Bellies and Butts location. It all sounded very sudden.
mneck1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #38
joey2665

Default Cider Bellies

Now open 7 days at Moulton Farms. Maybe this is the reason or just the end result.
Moulton Farms Facebook post:

Yes, the summer vacation season is ending with school starting, but here’s a piece of good news to cheer you up:
Cider Bellies Doughnuts is now open seven days a week at Moulton Farm!
Monday thru Thursday 8 am to 4 pm
Friday thru Sunday 7 am to 4 pm
Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #39
LongShort

Default Pulled Pork

Bellies and Butts has fantastic pulled pork also (I added the sweet BBQ sauce). I had it once on its own and once as a plate with beans and cornbread. Everything was delicious! I am looking forward to trying the ribs!
LongShort is offline   Reply With Quote