Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Lucy Goose

Default New Time Warner prices!!!

Get ready to get socked again by them now that they have a signed contract for years to come. I just got a letter in the mail stating the prices that will start in March or when your promotion runs out. Oh Joy, yet another battle to fight. What really burns me up is you see the ads on TV of them offering low prices to new customers. But they treat there current customers like dirt.

Just can't catch up anymore.

LG
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Lucy Goose

Oh and I forgot, that is not including the new lease on the modem they charge and the cable box.

There has got to be another way to watch tv and use the internet. I mean if I totaled up the hours we watch tv in this house it would probably not be over 30 or so a week.

LG
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
Oh and I forgot, that is not including the new lease on the modem they charge and the cable box.

There has got to be another way to watch tv and use the internet. I mean if I totaled up the hours we watch tv in this house it would probably not be over 30 or so a week.

LG
You're not alone.

Options are limited if you want everything like HBO, etc.

I'm a techie and despise Ted Turner and the monopoly of Time Warner.

Check out the following:
Hulu
Roku
Slingbox
Netflix

You can also go old school and get a roof antenna and run cable from it through to a digital TV converter and pick up the over air broadcasts.

A little work upfront can pay off huge over time.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default Where are you located?

Is a dish an option for TV?
I tell you we switched from Metrocast to Direct TV, for our TV portion and we have had great luck.
We had Dish in Maine and recently switched to Direct there as well and it is only costing us $6 a month for the second box even though it is at a different location then our home, but on the same account.
FYI we had more problems with Dish and their prices are terrible for what you get compared to Direct TV.
Oh and if your concerned about the whole bundling thing, we pay less over all and get over twice as many stations after separating TV and internet.
Not sure if it is an option but it sure does work for us.
Yes during the worst rainsnow storm you may loose of get sketchy service but it is very rare.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Chaselady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Is a dish an option for TV?
I tell you we switched from Metrocast to Direct TV, for our TV portion and we have had great luck.
We had Dish in Maine and recently switched to Direct there as well and it is only costing us $6 a month for the second box even though it is at a different location then our home, but on the same account.
FYI we had more problems with Dish and their prices are terrible for what you get compared to Direct TV.
Oh and if your concerned about the whole bundling thing, we pay less over all and get over twice as many stations after separating TV and internet.
Not sure if it is an option but it sure does work for us.
Yes during the worst rainsnow storm you may loose of get sketchy service but it is very rare.
We switched fro TW tv to DirectV for television, and we are so much happier. Better programming and less grief on the phone! We knew TW was bad when their technician told us to go with DirectV. We are stuck with TW Internet because they have a monopoly in Tuftonboro..
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
You're not alone.

Options are limited if you want everything like HBO, etc.

I'm a techie and despise Ted Turner and the monopoly of Time Warner.

Check out the following:
Hulu
Roku
Slingbox
Netflix

You can also go old school and get a roof antenna and run cable from it through to a digital TV converter and pick up the over air broadcasts.

A little work upfront can pay off huge over time.

We pay for basic cable in Southern NH and at the lake. We have TiVo in both places, and subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. Still cheaper overall than having premium channels.

Last edited by WakeboardMom; 02-01-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Semantics
WakeboardMom is offline   Reply With Quote