Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
JADAQ

Default New England boat show

The boat show in Boston starts next Saturday the 9th running through February 17.
Several local marinas will have boats on display, check it out!
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Ms Molly McKever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
The boat show in Boston starts next Saturday the 9th running through February 17.
Several local marinas will have boats on display, check it out!
Pre boat show ticket sales are way off compared to last years sales.
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
Light Breeze

Free tickets from Irwin, I'm going!
Light Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Molly McKever View Post
Pre boat show ticket sales are way off compared to last years sales.
Do people really bother to prebuy tickets to the show? We never have. It will be busy. Very busy....Gas prices are low and the economy is still strong.

We usually get comp'd tickets from one of a few dealers anyhow, but usually go more than once.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default prebuy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Do people really bother to prebuy tickets to the show? We never have. It will be busy. Very busy....Gas prices are low and the economy is still strong.

We usually get comp'd tickets from one of a few dealers anyhow, but usually go more than once.
Prebuy gets a cheaper price. Some of us have employers/jobs that prevent accepting comp'd anything.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Boat Show Preview

Boat Show Preview. Getting the boats moved in for the show.
Attached Images

TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #7
TiltonBB

Default More

Boat Show Move in Pictures
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #8
TiltonBB

Default More

Boat show Move in
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2019, 10:01 PM   #9
TiltonBB

Default One dropped off

Miles Marine of Gilford had just placed a Formula 37PC at the Formula display. That was followed by a 34 Formula and then a 31 Formula. Getting the right boats to the right spot at the right time is impressive. There is a lot of coordination because one early boat will block the placing of another boat.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #10
Descant

Default Window Shopping

My grandson (8) took me opening day as a Christmas present.He had been researching several large boats and had a list of placers to visit. We stopped at the Progressive booth where he drove ahigh speed b oat arcade moviwe with special helmet and goggles and I drove a rewmote control twin engin catamaran. I am a Progressive policyholder, but didn't have anything (e.g. ID Card or policy) so my free choice was a bar of soap, key float or Tee Shirt. With ID, I could have a free towel too.
We arrived at 9:30 am. Early enough to get walking distance parking and be near the front of the line when the doors opened at 10:00 am. No lines to get on the big boats. By the time we left after lunch lines were backed up 1/2 hour per boat. Big food court on the second floor, but no signs and vendors we asked didn't seem to know much about it. Good enough food/service for a food court.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #11
Descant

Default Window Shopping II

Just plain awesome
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Just think of how much all those boats visible in that pic are worth. Pretty staggering number!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #13
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Just think of how much all those boats visible in that pic are worth. Pretty staggering number!
There were 2 boats there that each are $1.1mil! A 47' Galeon and a huge Boston Whaler.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #14
fatlazyless

So, what's the price ....... $248,395.00 .... almost a quarter-million dollars ...... according to a year old LaDaSun report ..... financed over five years .... the LAKE JAKE ..... Gilford's brand new 27' fire boat in the photo above with two white Honda's, a fiberglass design from Eastern Boats in Milford NH to replace its 40-year old fire boat .... the EMULSIFIER ..... or some unusual name like that ...... oopsie ...... make that the SNUFFER ...... going from the SNUFFER to the LAKE JAKE sort of sounds like it went from a nasal headache to an adult beverage ...... or something ..... the LAKE JAKE ..... centrally located at the Glendale docks, at Marine Patrol-HQ, and part of the full time Gilford Fire Dept ..... so's that's probably a big upgrade ..... all things considered!

....beyond responding to emergency calls ...... is also very very good for towing 5 water skiers at same time ...... with a water cannon salute up front ...... in any weather!

So, a quarter-million dollars seems like a really big number ...... a very high price, it would seem ..... for a 27' fire boat ...... does it have a small kitchen area with a small sink, refrigerator, and microwave oven ..... does it have a bathroom? Like ..... what's it got .... for $248,395.00 .... ?

Across the lake, the Town of Meredith has an old 27' fiberglass boat that was donated by a Bear Island resident; and the town took it and installed two new large Suzuki outboards, a water pump-fire fighting system, radio, flashing red lights, siren, and the Fire Dept painted the hull red, and it totally seems to get to their emergency calls, fast, and get the job done.

You know the real deal, most busy boat show for Lake Winnipesaukee is probably down at the Gilford Walmart, where it has kayaks and stand up paddle boards for $400 and less .... as low as $150. Paddling a kayak or sup gets you much closer to the water than motoring one of these boat show 'condo on the water' big money boats and is a lot more fun thing to be doing.

Motor boating makes you fat and broke ....... paddling/rowing makes you strong and thin ..... sailing makes you smart and breezy!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #15
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default You just needed to do a little research

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
So, what's the price ....... $248,395. .... almost a quarter-million dollars ...... according to a year old LaDaSun report ..... financed over five years .... the LAKE JAKE ..... Gilford's brand new 27' fire boat in the photo above with two white Honda's, a fiberglass design from Eastern Boats in Milford NH to replace its 40-year old fire boat .... the EMULSIFIER ..... or some unusual name like that ...... oopsie ...... make that the SNUFFER ...... going from the SNUFFER to the LAKE JAKE sort of sounds like it went from a nasal headache to an adult beverage ...... or something ..... the LAKE JAKE ..... centrally located at Glendale and part of the full time Gilford Fire Dept ..... so's that's probably a big upgrade ..... all things considered!

....beyond responding to emergency calls ...... is also very very good for towing 5 water skiers at same time ...... with a water cannon salute up front ...... in any weather!
FLL, you just needed to do a little research and the name of the new Gilford Fire Boat would be abundantly clear.

The term Jake is affectionate New England slang for a Firefighter. This word was first used as a reference to firemen in the early 20th century in the Greater Boston area, and it's origins are recognized as officially unknown by several authors.

Likewise, being called a good Jake was, and is, a high compliment to a firefighter.

Dave
CTYankee (02-12-2019), Slickcraft (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #16
Rich

Yes, it's still winter, but WinniGas can still help to save you some hard earned boating dollars!

If you will you be attending the New England Boat show, use the code BOAT19 to received 15% off the entry tickets when purchased online.

And don't forget when you renew your 2019 BoatUS Towing or membership be sure to use group code GA85200B to save some money. This group code will save you $15 from your BoatU.S. membership dues and 10% from their Water Towing services!

Just passing on some savings if anyone wants to go to the boat show. I don't get anything out of this at all.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #17
sum-r breeze

Default I think that was me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Just plain awesome
I love this picture!! What you see here folks is a boater for life!! It never leaves you, I had it even when I didn't have a boat. I know because I was that kid 50 years ago!
Descant (02-11-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #18
JADAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yes, it's still winter, but WinniGas can still help to save you some hard earned boating dollars!

If you will you be attending the New England Boat show, use the code BOAT19 to received 15% off the entry tickets when purchased online.

And don't forget when you renew your 2019 BoatUS Towing or membership be sure to use group code GA85200B to save some money. This group code will save you $15 from your BoatU.S. membership dues and 10% from their Water Towing services!

Just passing on some savings if anyone wants to go to the boat show. I don't get anything out of this at all.
I think you can just stop into Winnisquam marine and they will give you some tickets for the show. Call ahead first though! It was advertised on their FB page last week.
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There were 2 boats there that each are $1.1mil! A 47' Galeon and a huge Boston Whaler.
That Galeon had some neat features, but I would have preferred real wood in the interior, like the Sabre has.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote