Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
NoBozo

Default I Blinked

I thought there was a thread about the Space Shuttle Launch. I can't find it now. Maybe it was "Moved". NB
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Jeanzb1

Default Me, too

I was looking for it, also. Guess it got the axe.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Senter Cove Guy

Default Huh

If it did get the axe, one could wonder why the "Holy Boathouse Batman" thread doesn't suffer the same consequences.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senter Cove Guy View Post
If it did get the axe, one could wonder why the "Holy Boathouse Batman" thread doesn't suffer the same consequences.
It almost did but at least there is a connection to boating and boathouses in that thread. I didn't see any connection to the Lakes Region in the post about Discovery's final flight.
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Senter Cove Guy (02-26-2011)
Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
Merrymeeting

As a member, I had the thought on both threads.

The shuttle one, my first reaction was, "Cool, but nothing to do with the Lakes Region." (This is said as a full-fledged member of the NASA / Star Trek / Star Wars generation!)

The Four Winns one. "Ok, questionable. But it's about boats and lakes, and probably 1/5th to 1/4 of the boats on the NH lakes are Four Winns." I'd let it pass.

In the end, a judgement call. History, and experience, have shown that our webmaster is one of the best at this judgement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
Senter Cove Guy (02-26-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #6
ApS

Question Not a Shuttle Enthusiast Here, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I thought there was a thread about the Space Shuttle Launch. I can't find it now. Maybe it was "Moved". NB
Discovery is an ephemeral part of our night skies—just like the meteor showers and December's lunar eclipse that survived.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
TOAD

I would think the launch of the shuttle would have been of some interest to most on here. Just a general topic of conversation and pride in America's accomplishments.

Has the web master ever considered something akin to a "General" not necessarily related to the Lakes Region forum)? Nix politics and subject to all other forum rules?
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOAD View Post
Has the web master ever considered something akin to a "General" not necessarily related to the Lakes Region forum)?
I've asked the membership if they'd like a "General" section several times and the idea is always rejected by a large majority. Here's one example:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=9483

I would prefer that this forum was 100% dedicated to the Lakes Region. That's what it was created for. There are thousands of other websites for those other topics.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-06-2011), RailroadJoe (03-05-2011), Resident 2B (03-06-2011), Skip (03-05-2011), Sunset Bob (03-05-2011), trfour (03-05-2011), Two dobys (03-05-2011), upthesaukee (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Pineedles

Default Thousands of other sites

Yes, that is true Don there 1,000's of sites but we know each other on this one. I was the subject of your editing when I tried to post about my fishing experience while down in the Outer Banks and you killed it. I posted because I thought other fishermen that I knew on Winni.com would be interested in a fishing topic.

It's no secret that many posters are staying off this site due to the acrimony between SBONH and Winnfabs. I have a difficult time staying out of these fights myself. I think your decision to move it out of the general topics, with a warning, was an excellent decision.

You may have an agenda as far as 100% LR, but I think many of us would like to tell others that we have come to know, what we are interested in, and update them with what is going on in our lives, even if it is off topic, non Lakes region related. PMs just don't do it, because it is non-inclusive of other people that we don't know that may be interested. Getting others to contribute increases the # of posters. More traffic? Not a bad thing, huh?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Sorry...

...but I fully support our Webmaster on this site's content.

Number one, it is his site.

He has made it his wish that the site be dedicated to the Lakes Region and I respect and appreciate it.

I do not find the supposed back and forth between SBONH and WinnFABS to be a deterrent to me being on this website. I just ignore them!

Nothing personal, but if I want to know about fishing on the Outer Banks or a space launch, I will go elsewhere to find the info. I fish here, not the Outer Banks.

As I sit here right now there are 200 on this site on a Saturday night at 8 PM, 20 members signed in and 180 guests.

So, in my humble opinion, this site is still as strong as ever, and as popular as ever. Thanks Don, for all you do.
Resident 2B (03-06-2011), Rusty (03-06-2011), Skip (03-05-2011), trfour (03-05-2011)
Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
Pineedles

Default Imo

Respectfully upthesaukee, Don saw it fitting to allow Bear Islander's post about not only his space shot but also his trip to to south pole. If you don't want to know about a fellow poster's fishing experience in the Outer Banks, then just ignore it. As far as it being his site. It is made up of all of us. He may be the creator, but we are the content. Bottom line, Don is asking for our opinion, I'm expressing my opinion, your expressing yours.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
Skip

Smile No further explanation frome the webmaster is necessary....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
...Don saw it fitting to allow Bear Islander's post about not only his space shot but also his trip to to south pole...
And since Don created, owns and solely operates & moderates Winnipesaukee.com, that is the only reason he needs to do whatever he wishes to do with this website.

Actually you answered your own question.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
Rusty (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
Jonas Pilot

"It's good to be the king!"
Old 03-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
And since Don created, owns and solely operates & moderates Winnipesaukee.com, that is the only reason he needs to do whatever he wishes to do with this website.

Actually you answered your own question.....
I don't remember asking a question.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
"It's good to be the king!"
Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #16
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Bottom line, Don is asking for our opinion, I'm expressing my opinion, your expressing yours.
He was asking for that over a year ago, I think if you are looking for that type of forum maybe you should start your own community. Bottom line he has been doing this for over 12 years, you pay no membership, so nothing is keeping you here. If you don't like the rules stop coming back!
Rusty (03-06-2011), Skip (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
He was asking for that over a year ago, I think if you are looking for that type of forum maybe you should start your own community. Bottom line he has been doing this for over 12 years, you pay no membership, so nothing is keeping you here. If you don't like the rules stop coming back!

I didn't know it was 12 years until you brought it up. You are pretty knowledgeable for a Newbie. No offence..Just sayin. Oh wait: SKIP and RUSTY have said it was OK. NB
Old 03-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #18
Pineedles

Quote:
You are right there is no memebrship fees. I've contributed voluntarily to this forum US Currency in the form of paypal, and have been contributing for several years, as well as contributed to the charities this forum supports. Have you contributed anything, beside your big mouth Winnisquamguy?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #19
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
You are right there is no memebrship fees. I've contributed voluntarily to this forum US Currency in the form of paypal, and have been contributing for several years, as well as contributed to the charities this forum supports. Have you contributed anything, beside your big mouth Winnisquamguy?
Hey Pineedles I was simple pointing out what I read, if you don't like it move on. I really don't think it justifies name calling do you? How old are you anyway 12? Grow up and move on..
Skip (03-07-2011)
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #20
Pineedles

Quote:
Hey Pineedles I was simple pointing out what I read, if you don't like it move on. I really don't think it justifies name calling do you? How old are you anyway 12? Grow up and move on..
Why don't you answer my question? What have you contributed? And if you are such a great researcher of the forum you'll know I'm alot older than that; but thanks, I'd love to be 12 again; but I'm not moving anywhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
Rusty

Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #22
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Why don't you answer my question? What have you contributed? And if you are such a great researcher of the forum you'll know I'm alot older than that; but thanks, I'd love to be 12 again; but I'm not moving anywhere.
Hey Pinhead, I have not contributed yet, but I'll tell you what why don't you add up all you have over the years and I will match it. Sound like a plan Mr Mouth?