Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
WinniExplorer

Default Mount Shaw trail, Tuftonboro...

Hey everyone! First post here. This forum brings back many great memories of growing up in the Winnipesaukee region.

I have a quick question, and hopefully someone here can be of assistance...

My family and I hiked the Mt. Shaw summit trail last weekend, passing the pine grove campsite near the bottom of the trail. When I was a child I attended William Lawrence Camp in Tuftonboro, and once a summer the camp would hold an overnight at this (most beautiful) site. Unfortunately, last weekend when we explored around, we found the campsite to be littered, and in a general state of disrepair. While still a beautiful spot, it was truly saddening to see rotting benches, old pots and pans, and trash strewn about.

I am wondering if someone on this board has contact information for the landowner of this area of Mt. Shaw (I've been informed it is one of the Hunter brothers, possibly Jeff). My family and I would like to spend a day in September to do some general cleanup of the trail and campsite, and in return have permission to use the site for an overnight campout. I'd love to pass on the great experience I had as a child here to the rest of my family.

If anyone can assist in helping me contact the landowner it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason
Haverhill, MA

WinniExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
Puckster

Go to the town hall and look at the tax map. You can get all the info you need there. Go when the tax collector (Jackie) is there. She knows how to help you. If I need help, she is the one I go to.
Puckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
AC2717

Default Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Go to the town hall and look at the tax map. You can get all the info you need there. Go when the tax collector (Jackie) is there. She knows how to help you. If I need help, she is the one I go to.
Instead of heading that way, you might be able to look it up online on Vision appraisal. If it is available for that area, I believe they just about do all the tax cards for the state of NH
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Lucky2Bhere

Is this area owned by the lakes region conservation trust? All of the ossipee trails are maintained by the LRCT.
Lucky2Bhere is offline   Reply With Quote