Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
FlyingScot

Default Lakeside Coffee Shop & Ice Cream

Just visited Lakeside Coffee Shop & Ice Cream in Wolfeboro (directly across from Yum Yum). It was AWESOME! Best ice cream I've had in ages--OK, it was actually gelato. I'm pretty sure the gelato is made on site by the owner; they had an excellent selection of flavors, and all 3 of the ones we had were delicious.

We only chose the place because the other 2 ice cream shops were not yet open; but it's now our favorite, hands down. Today was their first day open, and everyone there seemed excited, friendly, and like they really took pride in their work. We will return for the coffee and cakes/pastries soon.

Go early and often!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
BrownstoneNorth

Default Lakeside looks like a winner

Thanks for reporting, Peter.

We stopped by around 6:00pm on Saturday, their Opening Day, just to check it out and were favorably impressed with the appearance of the place and the goodies displayed, and also the gentleman who I think is the owner, and the young woman behind the pastry counter. They have sorbetto, as well as gelatto and ice cream in many flavors — you have to ask which is which.

They will be serving entrée food, too, but aren't quite ready for that yet. We're looking forward to all of it when we return for the summer.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
lakershaker

Thumbs up Great place!

When we were walking around Wolfeboro a few weeks ago, we decided to stop in at the Lakeside Coffee Shop for gelato instead of our usual ice cream walk-up window. So glad we did! The homemade gelato was excellent, and the pastry selection was amazing. My father's 75th birthday party was coming up (this past weekend), and I asked if they make cakes. They do, and we picked up a delicious birthday cake and 2 dozen homemade pastries for the party. All the food was excellent, and the restaurant is clean and well laid out. The owners are very friendly and were happy to work with us on the bigger order. I hope they have a successful summer, and our family has now found a new dessert destination in Wolfeboro.
lakershaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #4
Leoskeys

Agreed, great spot. And the A/C is a nice benefit as downtown can get scorching hot!
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
BrownstoneNorth

Default “Insanely good” is exactly right

My husband went out of his mind over the pistachio gelato. :-) Apple turnovers are also perfect — delicious flaky crust, no gunky filler. A stash of both is now in the freezer for company. That's all we've had so far but we'll be trying more.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
beagle

Default omg awesome authentic Italian pastry and gelato

We stopped by on Friday night "just to see" . I couldn't resist trying the pistachio gelato because we just returned from a trip to Sicily which has the best pistachios. Owner said he buys his directly from Sicily and it was soooo good! My husband also bought a slice of lemon cake that was awesome as well. The owners are from Torino Italy and really know their stuff. I hope everyone gives this place a try! Gotta go back and try the breakfast!
beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #7
baygo

Default Gluten Free?

This place sounds special. Does anyone know what the Gluten Free options are here?

Thanks
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
This place sounds special. Does anyone know what the Gluten Free options are here?

Thanks
I went by today and got the answer to my own question. No gluten free options other than to have my gelatto served in a cup. I had the almond joy and nuttelo. Both were very tasty. I wish we lived closer.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote