Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Shreddy

Default Golf Thread

We don't have a section for it, technically "recreation", but as the season comes to an end it would be nice if people want to voice course conditions and deals to offer. Ridgewood is Moultonboro is still going strong and they offer a few deals regularly, like $39 for all you can play with a cart on the weekend I think. Anybody else have helpful info?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Pontoon Goon

Default Love Fall golf

I very much enjoy Ridgewood and playing there in the fall when foliage is at it's peak is fun. On Monday Pheasant Ridge in Gilford and Tuesday at White Mtn. country club in Ashland the greens fee's are $34 with a cart. Both nice courses but I heard White Mnt. may have been effected by river overflow recently so you may want to call ahead for conditions.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Misty Blue

Default Ridgewood

My oldest, Katie, runs the pumps at the 19th hole!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
beaner

Thumbs up Kingswood Golf Club, Wolfeboro

If you're someone who likes to walk 9 and can wait until 2 PM, you can play at Kingswood in Wolfeboro 7 days a week for $13. That is seriously cheap golf. They also have coupon specials on their web site for 18 holes. But the best part about Kingswood is this course is in superb condition. Usually, the less expensive courses tend to be heavily played and pretty torn up. For example, it will only cost you $11 to play the little par 3 at Piche's in Gilford, but that place is always in pretty rough shape. The other thing I've noticed about Kingswood is that the staff is much friendlier & more welcoming since Kristi Gleason & Heidi Papoosha were hired as Pros a couple of years ago. If I just figure out how to sneak out of work early and not get fired, I'd play there more often!
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Farmington Country Club

Farmington CC is on Rte 153 just east of downtown Farmington. It is a 9 hole course, very walkable and enjoyable to play.

Here is a link the their website:

http://www.farmingtoncountryclubnh.com/

Not an owner of the course. But I am a member, as is my wife! (in case we need a disclaimer .)
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Pontoon Goon

Default Lochmere....WOW

Had a foursome at Lochmere Monday and I gotta tell I can't remember the last time I played on a course in this good shape. All fairways are green and very well manicured which considering the heat we have had this summer is quite an accomplishment. Greens are fast and true. If you go to their website there are great deals for almost every day of the week, just remember to print the coupon. We had not played there in about three years and they changed #14 and 15 gave the back nine a whole new feel. Our tee time was 7:50 and we played the front in two hours. Back nine backed up a little but we still completed the round in four and a half so no complaints on that. 19th hole wasn't so bad either. If you haven't been in a while give it a shot, I think you will enjoy it.
Pontoon Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pontoon Goon For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (08-09-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
jetlag100

My sons like to play Lochmere, too! They might play there once a season, or so, but, always enjoy the course. Thanks PontoonGoon. Maybe you'll see them, would you know them? LOL
jetlag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
surfnsnow

the pro at lochmere , vic stanfield, is the brother of former boston bruin fred stanfield. and a real nice guy
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote