Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Island Girl

Talking Official 2017 Ice Out Thread

This is the Official 2017 Ice-Out Thread. If you reply to this thread all of the information about this year's ice-out will be easily accessible to our forum friends.

I thought this thread was early last year on March 1 and here we are on February 27 watching the ice go out. The ice in front of my house on the broad side of Rattlesnake Island looks uneven and punky.

Post your observations, concerns, pictures and whatever else comes to mind re: ice-out. We love your pictures!

The Ice-Out page is up at http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/watch.htm.

There you will find all of the Winnipesaukee WebCams to watch the ice melt as well as links to special ice out features such as Saunder's Bay daily picture with information about previous year's ice out. (I will post link when it is available.)

Ice-out has occurred in recent years when the lake temperature is from 39-41 degrees as reported by the Winnipesaukee Dataphone at the Lakeport Dam. Today the temp is 35 degrees. (it was 38 on March 1 last year)

Let's get on with our favorite activity ... Ice-Out!

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Island Girl For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (02-27-2017), Blue Thunder (02-28-2017), dippasan (03-01-2017), flyguy (03-10-2017), JCCJSC (03-08-2017), sum-r breeze (02-28-2017), trfour (03-01-2017), Wiezy (02-28-2017)