Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
Steveo

Default Opening Day

Well believe it or not tomorrow is Opening Day for fishing. I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone crammed on the bridge in Alton Bay or Governors Island bridge. Can't believe there will be any room for boats anywhere.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
Steveo

Default April Fools Day

I couldn't resist, had to go up and see Opening Day. All the buzz, fishermen, boats and lines in the water. I truly wish this was an April Fools joke but it is not:

Got to Alton Bay at 11:00am and there was one man fishing off the bridge but he was packing it up. As you will see from the picture there was a sliver of water open under the bridge. There was a man fishing from the Mt Washington dock but he had to crack an opening into the ice scrim in order to get his line into the water. And he sat in his car to keep warm watching his rod.

I remember at time when Upthesaukee (Dave) posted a picture from the bridge on opening day and it showed it out to the bandstand. Not fair to repeat a April Fools joke:
Attached Images

Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I couldn't resist, had to go up and see Opening Day. All the buzz, fishermen, boats and lines in the water. I truly wish this was an April Fools joke but it is not:

Got to Alton Bay at 11:00am and there was one man fishing off the bridge but he was packing it up. As you will see from the picture there was a sliver of water open under the bridge. There was a man fishing from the Mt Washington dock but he had to crack an opening into the ice scrim in order to get his line into the water. And he sat in his car to keep warm watching his rod.

I remember at time when Upthesaukee (Dave) posted a picture from the bridge on opening day and it showed it out to the bandstand. Not fair to repeat a April Fools joke:
I thought about it, but as one who has his free NH Fishing License and was looking forward to opening day, I though better of it in the end.

(It did take almost an hour of using a clone tool in Photo Shop Elements to turn the ice into nice blue water. )
Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
CraigFerraro

Default You got me

You got me for sure. Would it be accurate to say the best days for salmon on the fly are the first ten days after ice out?
CraigFerraro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:16 AM   #5
Merrymeeting

Nice to see a boat on the Wolfeboro docks webcam this morning.

While it will be late month, I still think ice-out happens in about 3 weeks. Water temps rising. Starting to see ice bergs breaking off on some of the other webcams. Sunshine and high temps next weekend. Bring on Spring!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Misha888

Default And to think . . .

there were about 7 different sleds going in and out of Smith Cove today over the broads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
Nice to see a boat on the Wolfeboro docks webcam this morning.

While it will be late month, I still think ice-out happens in about 3 weeks. Water temps rising. Starting to see ice bergs breaking off on some of the other webcams. Sunshine and high temps next weekend. Bring on Spring!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
Tired of Waiting

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha888 View Post
there were about 7 different sleds going in and out of Smith Cove today over the broads.
Were they trolling?

Maybe not salmon fishing but ice fishing. Course I never did know how to fry an ice fish!

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote