Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #1
dmjr

Default Mooring Questions

Hello! Here I am again with more questions about property I take care of on Long Island. The owner of the property told me that there is a mooring located in the lake on the Leaward Shores side. How do I know if there is still a mooring there? If the mooring is not there how do you get it back? or is it gone until a application is made? I was just advised of this and was the property owner told me that it has been there since she has owned the property.
Thank You
Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
David

Default Re: Mooring Questions

The best evidence of having a mooring is to have last year's mooring registration, absent that, you may have to re-apply to the State and begin anew. As a simple place to start, I suggest calling the Department of Safety, Marine Patrol, Mooring Permits department at (603) 293-0095, Monday - Friday. These people can give you the plan you need to follow to answer your question. Good Luck.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #3
RDH 20B

An application is required to gain approvalto use the mooring again. The State is very strict on this issue.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
Miss Cow Island

When we bought our cottage, we had to re-apply for the mooring. The permit from the prior owner wasn't transferrable. Since then, we've only had to renew and not re-apply.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:01 PM   #5
Sail Boat John

Every 5 years the mooring owner has to re-apply - the whole shebang. The remaining years one simply applies for the permit - for a $25.00 annual fee.
SBJ
Sponsored Links