Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Rinkerfam

Default Winnipesaukee Beach Colony Club Question

We are staying at a property in the Winnipesaukee Beach Colony Club for the Holiday weekend. The property comes with a slip. Does anyone have any first hand experience docking there? Is it easy to get into and out of? Looking at the Bizer chart, it appears that there is quite an area of rocks to be wary of. I have traveled through Sally's Gut countless times, but have never ventured into that area of Cummings Cove. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkerfam View Post
We are staying at a property in the Winnipesaukee Beach Colony Club for the Holiday weekend. The property comes with a slip. Does anyone have any first hand experience docking there? Is it easy to get into and out of? Looking at the Bizer chart, it appears that there is quite an area of rocks to be wary of. I have traveled through Sally's Gut countless times, but have never ventured into that area of Cummings Cove. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
We have stayed there and enjoyed it very much. When we stayed we had a 23' boat. Look at your Bizer chart and you will see that you have to go in on the right and slowly turn toward the docks from the end of the cove. They have pilings placed between the slips which make it easy to dock. I personally think it is a great location. Our boat was the one with the Teal covers in the photo.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Rinkerfam

Thanks for the information. I pulled Cummings cove up on Google Earth and once I saw where the docks where on the shoreline I checked that against my chart. It's exactly like you described. We can't wait to get up there. A little mini-vacation to end the summer...
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
PastorT

Default markers

Just Sold is exactly right. Keep the black and white markers to your left going in to the cove. Don't assume you can cut to the inside, you will regret it. When you get to the last marker, start a wide turn. Have fun, we love the colony club area.
PastorT is offline   Reply With Quote