Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
Gilly 20

Question Mini-mount???

MINI_MOUNT--- Hey Guys- I just saw a neat picture of the " Mini-Mount" on the photopost section of this wonderful website. I did'nt know there was such a vessel- Of course- we only get to the lake once or twice a year-- soo00--00-- What are we missing??- where can she be seen?-- Thanks- and God Bless We think she is " totally kewl!"

Last edited by webmaster; 05-18-2004 at 06:52 PM. Reason: fixed title
Gilly 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #2
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default The Mini-Mount at the Alton Bay Antique Boat Show

this beautiful boat is owned by the Millers of Wolfeboro and in the summer is docked right next to the town docks toward Brewster Academy. I would love to know more about this boat myself.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #3
lacey

The Mini-Mount is a great ship! It's fun to watch her follow the Mount or ride side by side. We used to see her more often but last year was the first time we had seen her for a few years over by the Weirs. From what I understand she is 45' feet vessel and is docked in Wolfboro. I would like to know if anyone has any info on a party boat we used to see. It looked like an old barge with lattace sides with a stair case leading to an upper deck. Haven't seen that around in a while, is it still on the lake?
lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
Bear Guy

Default Party Barge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey
I would like to know if anyone has any info on a party boat we used to see. It looked like an old barge with lattace sides with a stair case leading to an upper deck. Haven't seen that around in a while, is it still on the lake?
I called the owner of this party barge two years ago to inquire about chartering it. He stated that it was not commercially viable and he was trying to sell it.

I remember a very informative article about the Little Mount in one of the local papers (Weirs Times, Laker?), but I am unable to locate it on Google or in the archives of the above mentioned papers.
Bear Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:51 AM   #5
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts
Default Home of the "Little Mount" in Wolfeboro

From PhotoPost:
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
abay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
this beautiful boat is owned by the Millers of Wolfeboro and in the summer is docked right next to the town docks toward Brewster Academy. I would love to know more about this boat myself.
Not only is it owned by these folks, but was built by them as well. A labor of love, which took quite a bit of time, money and volunteer help from many friends.

Last edited by webmaster; 05-19-2004 at 11:33 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
abay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:14 PM   #7
Wolfeboro Matt

Default Watch for the heads

When you do see the mini-mount, be sure to look for heads. Its the weirdest thing to see the passengers' heads poking out of the top deck.

Does anyone know how the seating layout is configured?

The best time to catch a glimpse is when she's near her big sister...

[From the photopost]
Wolfeboro Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
ghoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey
The Mini-Mount is a great ship! It's fun to watch her follow the Mount or ride side by side. We used to see her more often but last year was the first time we had seen her for a few years over by the Weirs. From what I understand she is 45' feet vessel and is docked in Wolfboro. I would like to know if anyone has any info on a party boat we used to see. It looked like an old barge with lattace sides with a stair case leading to an upper deck. Haven't seen that around in a while, is it still on the lake?
The barge you're referring to has been beached in a cove on Stonedam Island for most of the past two summers (part of Stonedam is still privately owned). I didn't see it out much last year and I haven't noticed if it's still there now.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:18 PM   #9
NHLaker

Default Mini-Mount

That is the coolest boat man. I've seen the pics before on the photopost but as many times as I've seen the pics I still can't imagine it. It still looks like someone just took a photo of the real Mount, re-sized it and pasted it into the photo. I'm trying my hardest to picture it but I think until I actually see it in person or see a person in it (in a photo), it'll always look like a trick. It's really cool though, a ton of time must have been put into that. Cool.

NHLaker
NHLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:43 PM   #10
Zee

Default Any pics?

Does anyone out there have any pictures showing the people on it? Its hard to judge size without seeing bodies. It is a real optical illusion.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #11
NHLaker

Default Mini-Mount

Optical Illusion, that's the phrase I was trying to think of. Yeh, it definately looks like an optical illusion, thanks Zee.

NHLaker
NHLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #12
Dave 35

Default Mini-mount seating

The seating is two in the pilot house and perhaps four or six in the upper deck near the stern. This is a private boat but they do offer it for bids at the Huggins Hospital fair. The most spectacular view is when their dog rides "on deck".
Dave 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #13
KBoater

Default Mini Mount Size

I believe that the mini mount is an exact 1/5 replica of exterior the big mount.
KBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 06:46 AM   #14
John A. Birdsall

Default Mini mount

In one of the pictures you see the mini mount docked in Wolfeboro. I understand that the boat was built in that building. It was christined in 1995. If my understanding is correct it has two 350 cu in V-8 for power, and a thruster in it. Also a motor to generate electricity. Some of the passengers are giants, but most are about barbie doll size. This is a cool boat, I wonder if they changed the power to 5.3 L if it would pull ski's :lol
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:58 AM   #15
madrasahs

Thumbs up Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLaker
That is the coolest boat man...Cool.
There is a postcard available around here showing the two in a favorable pose with the operators visible for scale.

(It seems too slow and quiet for two V-8s -- and a thruster.)

My greatest regret is never seeming to have an air horn handy to give an admiring "toot" when the Mini-Mount goes by.

It is truly cool.
madrasahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #16
Gilly 20

Smile Mini-Mount

Thanks for all the information and the great pics, guys!---What a neat boat- we'll look for it the next time we are in God's country!
Gilly 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #17
Cal

John B,
F.Y.I. 350 V8's are 5.7 L......already bigger than the 5.3 Ls you're wondering about
Old 05-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #18
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Mini Mount

We had the distinct pleasure to go for a ride on the minimount a couple of summers ago, leaving it's home port and cruising down into springfield point territory and back. Memory serves me right, I believe there is seating for two in the front and another six I believe in the aft section. Really interesting to hear the labor of love Mr. Miller has for the boat and the lake. If you ever get a chance to go for a ride, do it, and cherish it.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote