Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Boating on Sunday

Yesterday was one of the finest days to be out on the lake. We traveled from Green's Basin To Wolfeboro and back. It was totally calm with very few boats. It was the best boating day of the 2017 season!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:55 AM   #2
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl View Post
Yesterday was one of the finest days to be out on the lake. We traveled from Green's Basin To Wolfeboro and back. It was totally calm with very few boats. It was the best boating day of the 2017 season!
Agreed, this entire weekend the lake was nice and calm.. love the off season!
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
Garcia

It was a beautiful weekend! It was harder than usual to pry myself away on Sunday afternoon.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts
Thumbs up

I said the same thing to my wife yesterday, best weather weekend of the year. Boat traffic was light because everyone was watching the Pats game. Sunday was perfect! We reluctantly left to go home at 5pm.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I agree! It was so warm and calm. Perfect! But we had what is probably our last ride in one of the boats and that makes me sad.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

The whole weekend was great!

We went to Wolfeboro Saturday to watch some of the races and it could not have been better boating, great weather and a calm lake. Excellent ride!

Sunday was even better and we took 14 people out on the boat for a couple of hours. Although, the thought kept coming up that it is one of the last boat rides on Winnipesaukee for the season and it is almost over.

We won't get many more of these excellent weekends this year. Enjoy it while you can.
TiltonBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #7
StardogChampion

It might even say it was the nicest weekend of the summer. Saturday we got gas, hit the Weirs and then Meredith Town Docks for a late lunch. The kids loved the day.

Sunday we went to Wolfeboro for a late breakfast. The fog across towards Alton made it feel like the ocean. All along to our starboard side was a thick cloud.

It must have been the weekend to get the big boats out. We saw a ton of 35-40' footers cruising around.

Only came across one typical floating McMansion driver coming out of MVYC with a hair across his ass. He's driving this 35'+ boat deciding he was MP gesticulating red-faced and screaming "slow down" as we're approaching the NWZ (not even there yet). Yep, that's what we're doing. That's why the boat is off-plane and slowing down. We're not even there yet so MYOFB. What is it with 60-something white guys with the big belly and the big boat?

It looks like this coming weekend is going to be another beauty!
StardogChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
bobkatfly

Oh yeah. Got out a little too late Sat. to see the races in Wolfeboro but spent 6 hrs on the water Sunday. Left Winter Harbor and finally went up and through Sally's gut (been on my not too serious bucket list for awhile). Went over to Center Harbor to visit friends then putted back hitting a few coves with no one around. Seemed to have our pick. Gotta love this time of year.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #9
Juiced06GTO

And this is why I wish we had a place on the lake!! Jealous of you guys who are out enjoying it. I am trying to find a weekend to get the family back out this year, but it isnt looking all that great. I do get to go racing at the newly opened Club Motorsports in Tamworth next Friday and Saturday though!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
Patofnaud

Unhappy

Gahhh make me feel bad, had to go to a b'day party Sat and chores Sun.. Probably missed one of the last great boating days of '17
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #11
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

The birthday will be the same day next year. Start planning a lake bday now.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #12
StardogChampion

Got out on the lake tonight for a little while. I had to go down to put the covers on so I thought why not. It was overcast and warm with a stiff breeze out of the east. There wasn't a single other boat. I hope the forecast for the end of the week holds.

Meanwhile just in case Jose decides to wobble I added a third line on the mooring .

I got dark fast. And when it was dark it was DARK.
StardogChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
Donzi Minx

Smile Boating on Sunday

Scary buzzing up 93 from Melrose 7AM Sunday morning. It was if the big guy drew the curtain of fog when we got into Belmont.

What a day though, I knew it was the last day for us, and if there were any way my son and I could inhale the lake water while we were anchored we would have. Truly medicinal for this relic from Mass.!

Stow the gear, change the earl and filter for the long winters nap at Dave's and hope to God I have the health and presence of mind to put the hammer down on the Donzi for another day.

Boy the Globe treated Bizer like an orphan!
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #14
Dave M

Default End of Season

Did my leaf cleaning Saturday morning. Took boat out for Trip #1. Went to Alton Bay around 2pm, Broads was great, parking was easy. Went to Shipley's for lunch, had to wait for outside seating. Had our usual wrap. By the time we left, Shipley's was packed, so wasn't public docks. Broads a little choppy on way back.
Sunday, Trip #2, went to Wolfeboro around 2:30pm, again Broads was great, parking was easy. Went to Garwood's, other places closed at 3pm. Didn't get outside, sat by the door. Split a Haddock plate, very good, wish we had the other plate. Broads was great on way home.
Monday, clean boat out to get it ready for boat winterized, shrink wrapped, etc. What a weekend to end the season, weather was fantastic. Lake was quiet. Quite a few boats on the Lake.

Have a good winter, hope its mild.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote