Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Fargo

Default Bathroom Remodel

Need to remodel our bathroom in Gilford, any suggestions as to who to hire?
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Bathroom remodel

I had a bathroom remodel several years ago, and during the course of the job I realized that even in a relatively small space you need a lot of trades to get the job done. That having been said, I strongly suggest getting a very good carpenter/general contractor who can do the carpentry work necessary, and coordinate and oversee the specialty work being done, i. e., plumbing, electric, flooring, painting.

When we had the work done the carpenter was there every day, and many times he had to do little carpenter things to make the other jobs come out right. When you remodel, you just never really know what you are dealing with until you tear into the area, and it certainly is helpful to have the carpenter right there in case the plumber needs a little cut here or there, or the electrician needs a little blocking here or there.

I paid the trades individually, but the carpenter coordinated their schedules so each had the space to work, stayed out of each other's way, but all worked together to get the job done on a timely basis.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Little Bear

Thumbs up Tradesmen Builders

603-524-5357. They have done several residential and commercial projects for me. Always on-time and on budget.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
I had a bathroom remodel several years ago, and during the course of the job I realized that even in a relatively small space you need a lot of trades to get the job done. That having been said, I strongly suggest getting a very good carpenter/general contractor who can do the carpentry work necessary, and coordinate and oversee the specialty work being done, i. e., plumbing, electric, flooring, painting.

When we had the work done the carpenter was there every day, and many times he had to do little carpenter things to make the other jobs come out right. When you remodel, you just never really know what you are dealing with until you tear into the area, and it certainly is helpful to have the carpenter right there in case the plumber needs a little cut here or there, or the electrician needs a little blocking here or there.

I paid the trades individually, but the carpenter coordinated their schedules so each had the space to work, stayed out of each other's way, but all worked together to get the job done on a timely basis.
your 100% correct. we do on an average of 2-3 bathrooms each year and i can tell you without even looking at your project to completly gut out the existing bathroom upgrade electrical change exhaust fan, insulation, new vanity tub etc the average cost is 8-10,000.00 and up. you can sometimes find a "handyman" that claims he/she can do everything electric, plumbing not the route i would choose best of luck to you
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
MDoug

Default Bath Remodel

Call Archie at ArchieCare--603-279-1126. He has done excellent work for us and our neighbors on Bear Isand.
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
boo

Default bath remodel

I would be happy to meet with you and get you a quote for your bathroom remodel.
I do an average of 3-5 bathroom remodels per year, I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options.
My name is Corey Boucher, blue moon builders out of Gilford also.
If you would like a no obligation, free quote for all work, please contact me at (603) 393-5229, or email me at bluemoonbuilders@msn.com, or just private message me.
I look forward to speaking with you,
Thanks,
corey boucher
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
Kamper

http://rebathnh.com/

I had an interim job as a lead-generator for Re-Bath NH, in 2009. They can normally redo the tub and surround in 1 work day and a whole bathroom in 2. They had some really nice looking stuff. I haven't been there in a while but the used to have a display in the Ace hardware store across from the Everett Arena in Concord, and Home Depot in Concord too.

The main show room is in Manchester two-three blocks south of the Verizon Center. There' about a dozen displays for you to compare as well as the catalogs.

Several other companies offer a similar turn-around. If you go to a home show you will probably find 3-4 for comparison.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
Fargo

Default Bathroom

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #9
Kamper

FYI - I just heard there's a Home Show in Concord this weekend at the Everett Arena.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote