Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2004, 06:29 AM   #1
Lori1a

Question Need some good idea for places to go!

Hi, my husband, 19 month old daughter and I are going to the Margate for a short vacation. We are interested in finding out about some good restaurants that won't be distracted by a little one who is very good when eating out. We enjoy all different kinds of foods and we love to eat outdoors.

I am even looking for some wonderful breakfast restaurants that are close to the Margate. We don't mind traveling a little for dinner to try something good.

Thanks in advance.
Lori
Lori1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 06:56 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Breakfast

There is a new breakfast restaurant just up the street from the Margate.I'm not sure of the name,but it's under the big condo ,accross the street on the right.It is owned by the people who also own the Circle restaurant in Epping and the Egg Shell in Loudon.They really do a great job with breakfast......you'll love it.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:25 AM   #3
Pepper

Default I second that ...

I agree, and the name of the place is either Lakeview or Lakeside Restaurant. Their located in "Gilford Plaza" which is a short walk or drive from the Margate. These people have done a wonderful job with the place, and the food is terrific. Haven't spoken to anyone who wasn't thrilled with their meal there.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
Waterbaby

Default Paugus Bay Diner

If you turn right out of the Margate, go right at the lights, Paugus Bay Diner will be on your left about 1/10 of a mile after the lights. Regular diner atmosphere (sit in the "addition" as the "diner room" is smoking) -- fantastic food (best Eggs Benedict I've ever had with the exception of the ones Hubby makes), decent prices, and children are very welcome!
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote