Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
NonVoting Taxpayer

Default Bart's Seafood Market

Does anyone know when Bart's Seafood Market will be opening for the season in Moultonboro?
NonVoting Taxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
The Eagle

Default Capt. Bart's

Hi Guys and Gals,
Captain Bart's seafood opend on June 11th at 4:00 PM, Wahooo! I was one of the first in line, and just like in years past, he still has the BEST, FRESHEST seafood around! I loved the Swordfish! It was a long lonely winter without his Crab Cakes too.
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #3
Zee

Default What are the hours of operation?

Can someone provide the hours of operation for Capt. Bart's. It's a bit of a ride for me and last year, I found it unopened several times.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #4
The Eagle

Default Capt. Bart's hours

HI Zee,
I'm not 100% sure of his exact hours,this year, but he is always open on Fridays, and Saturday by 4:00 PM, until ? He did change his hours to make more days, but I'm not sure what they are, but next weekend I'll go back there, like I do every Friday for fresh fish, and get them and then post them for you. Fridays and Saturdays, you can count on him being open by 4:00 PM, and open until about maybe 7:00 PM, unless he sells out sooner. You have to be there early, to avoid the lines, but the wait is well worth it!
"The Eagle"
Old 06-14-2004, 07:03 AM   #5
NonVoting Taxpayer

Last year he was open 4PM-6PM on Friday (usually always there at least until 7PM), Saturday was 11AM-6PM and Sunday was 12 Noon to 5PM. Bart always told me that if they are still there cleaning up, they are open.
He also was open Wednesday and Thursday but I am not sure of the hours. I'm not sure if he opens Wednesday and Thursday at the beginning of the year. Probably not until the vacation people start coming.
The hours are probably posted in his advertisement in the Meredith News.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Porch Potato

We don't get to Moultonboro much, but this sounds worth the drive. Is this an actual storefront? Could you provide a general location. Thanks!
Porch Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:41 AM   #7
NonVoting Taxpayer

Default Directions

Barts Seafood Market is on Rt 109 just north just after the intersection of RT 171 (Castle in the Clouds). He is right across from Wally Marine and down the street from Skelleys Market (Old Dad's Market). If coming from the north, take the turn at the airport and he is about 3 miles down the road on the left. Look for the big orange mooring ball hanging from the tree.
The operation is sold out of an old concession stand trailer (until he builds a place). The fish is brought up almost daily from the coast.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:25 AM   #8
The Eagle

Default Capt'n Barts Official hours

Hi Guys and Gals,
As promised, here are Captain Bart's Seafood's hours. He is open on Fridays from 4-6 PM, Saturdays 11-5, and Sundays 12-4. NOW in addition to those hours, Capt'n Bart said on the 4th of July week, he will be open also on Wednesday from 4-6, and Thursday from 11-5.
We had the Haddock this weekend, and as usual it was great, but I must say the lobsters he had, looked VERY inviting! I have a feeling I am going to do the Lobsters for the 4th of July! My wife won't eat shell fish, so I have to wait until we have company to get my Lobsters, Grrr!
I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July Holiday, and REMEMBER to stop and say a prayer for all our servicemen and woman. It will only take a minute! God Bless the U.S.A.
"The Eagle"