Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Route 104 Diner

Had lunch at the Route 104 Diner today. The menu is very similair to Alex Ray's other diner's ( Tilton and Airport). I had a great all white meat turkey dinner for $9.49. I've had the same meal at the Airport Diner in Manchester before. It was delicious and the service was good. Next week they will also start serving dinner. I am not an early riser, but if you are they open at 6am. You can get breakfast all day! It was very busy and that's good to see.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Happy Gourmand

Default Breakfast at the "104"

Went there this past Sat AM. Recognized Cindy from the Tiltn' diner and had a nice conversation with her...she brought us coffee. It seemed like one wave of diners was finishing up as another wave was building..the line grew to out the door shortly after we were seated. The interior seemed to be the same as it was when it was Bobby's Girl, not a lot of obvious changes. They could use some sound absorbing materials to reduce the ambient noise, but I didn't find the noise level to be overly annoying.
Though there was a bit of confusion about the server stations that caused some delay in getting our order placed, I attribute it to the fact that Cindy had brought us coffee and the servers thought "somebody else" was taking care of us. I had to call Cindy over and ask lightheartedly if she had a spare waitress who might be able to take our order...she offered to do so herself but we weren't in a particular hurry so we opted to wait for our assigned waitress. She apologized for the confusion and we both agreed that we may have caused some of it as a result of the initial special attention she paid to us by bringing us coffee and chatting it up a little about the "good ol' days". I have worked with her husband some years ago.
On to breakfast...Nicole took our order...very nice and friendly...and accomodating. I ordered the ham and cheese omlette and my wife ordered eggs, sausage and toast...and as usual, we ordered a side of hash to share.
The omlette was light and fluffy, well cooked with what seemed like good quality fillings...I'll take American cheese in mine please. My wife's eggs were done as ordered, the sausage was tasty good, the home fries on both orders were good too, though they could have been hotter when they were served. And I swear that the hash tastes just about the same no matter where we get it...could it be that there is one hash chef who makes deliveries to most of the lakes region restaurants? Anyways, we like it, that's why we always get it.
Overall, a very good breakfast experience, right up there some of my other favorites in the area... The VK, Georges, Sunshine and Pa's, just to name a few.
And, the 104 will be a convenient stop on Friday nights on our way to our weekend getaway in Meredith as they are now or will very soon be serving dinner.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
dpg

Drove by Sunday morning around 10:00 (ish) and they were pretty busy. Busier than I personally have ever seen Bobbys Girl.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Drove by Sunday morning around 10:00 (ish) and they were pretty busy. Busier than I personally have ever seen Bobbys Girl.
Went to the Route 104 Diner today. The owners are Alex Ray from the Common Man and the owner ( I forget his name) of Plain Janes/ Coe House. Our server told us that the owner from the Coe House has brought many of his recipes to the diner.For example the chowder served at the diner is not the Common Man chowder, but a chowder recipe from the other owner. The stuffing with the turkey dinner is the recipe from the Coe house owner. The stuffing is delicious! The recipes from the new owners are providing some mighty fine food!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (10-29-2009), Redwing (10-28-2009), robmac (10-29-2009)
Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Pineedles

Smile

I see I thanked GBG nearly 4 years ago for her review of the Rt. 104 Diner. Well it took awhile but I finally went there. I was heading home from Moultonborough on Sunday and planned on stopping at the Village Kitchen for breakfast but it was very crowded and decided to head on down the road to look for something else. I wound up at the Rt. 104 Diner. It appeared to also be very crowded but when one of the girls asked if we minded sitting at the counter we readily agreed. BTW, good leg room at the counter for those of you who are concerned, I am 6' 6" and was very comfortable. I ordered the CADILLAC breakfast. Much more than I could finish but delicious, especially the beans. Excellent value for $7.99 and the woman, didn't catch her name, was friendly who was our server. If your headed south out of town, definitely worth a stop.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
trfour (08-05-2013)
Sponsored Links