Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
Katy D

Default Country Cook'n at the Lakeside

Was in Nh this past weekend for Pond Hockey. We went to Country Cook'n at the Lakeside for breakfast Saturday morning. They are located acrross from Walmart in Gilford at the former Waldo Peppers. The food is good and prices reasonable. The toast is from homemade bread. We also went there Saturday night for dinner, they have classic diner food. Our bill for 2 adults and one child was $24.00. We also stopped there on our way home Sunday.
A lot of ski mobilers frequent the place since there is a trail in the back.
Breakfast is crowded, dinner not so much since they do not serve liquor.
Katy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy D View Post
Was in Nh this past weekend for Pond Hockey. We went to Country Cook'n at the Lakeside for breakfast Saturday morning. They are located acrross from Walmart in Gilford at the former Waldo Peppers. The food is good and prices reasonable. The toast is from homemade bread. We also went there Saturday night for dinner, they have classic diner food. Our bill for 2 adults and one child was $24.00. We also stopped there on our way home Sunday.
A lot of ski mobilers frequent the place since there is a trail in the back.
Breakfast is crowded, dinner not so much since they do not serve liquor.
I also enjoy the food from the Country Cook'n at the Lakeside. I get take-out from there quite often.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default We go to Cookin' at the Lakeside often.

Very good breakfasts, good lunches, and good dinners. I think of it as a diner without the trailer attached.

Nice staff, and food is reasonable. Depending on the meal, it is usually around $18 to 22 before tip.

Just a point of info...Besides this restaurant, they also have Cookin' at the Circle in Epsom, just north of the Epsom circle on Rte 28. Same hours as the Gilford location. They also own the Eggshell, which is in a strip mall on the left heading north in Loudon. I think, Loudon, and at the 1st or second set of lights. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, closing at either 2 or 230.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

We go there often for lunch and will probably be there tomorrow. Always good food at a reasonable price and friendly staff. Same for the Epsom Circle location.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
ghfromaltonbay (02-04-2015), upthesaukee (02-03-2015)