Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Heaven

Default Mountain View Station

Mountain View Station, Center Ossipee, what a surprise! Located in the historic train station building, we went for Friday dinner. Good thing we got there a little early (about 5:15) because by the time we left there was a line waiting. I can only think it hasn't been reviewed on this board because everyone wants to keep it a secret. I had buffalo chicken tender appetizer (they bread their own everything!) and fried oysters w/onion rings. My companion had fried clams with FF. Very very good fish, fresh, light and tasty. The tenders were excellent as well. Prices were moderate, not high; My tenders and a small fried oyster (which together was more than I could eat, took some home) totaled 15.99. Decor is on the new side, very comfortable, clean with historic framed pictures etc.
I will be back!
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-30-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

I have heard how great this place is, not one negative comment. I haven't been yet though.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Thumbs Up!!

I have been there a couple times and it is excellent!!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Too far away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
Mountain View Station, Center Ossipee, what a surprise! Located in the historic train station building, we went for Friday dinner. Good thing we got there a little early (about 5:15) because by the time we left there was a line waiting. I can only think it hasn't been reviewed on this board because everyone wants to keep it a secret.
Maybe it hasn't been reviewed on this site because it is so far from the lake and has no connection to Lake Winnipesaukee. For most people on the lake it would be a very long drive for a meal. For many, it would be quicker to go to Concord than drive to Ossipee. I have not seen restaurant reviews for Concord on this site either and hope that they don't appear here.

Maybe that is why it has not been mentioned on the "Winnipesaukee" website. There are plenty of restaurants around the lake, many operated by local people who would be glad to have the business.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:03 AM   #5
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Winnipesaukee.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Maybe it hasn't been reviewed on this site because it is so far from the lake and has no connection to Lake Winnipesaukee. For most people on the lake it would be a very long drive for a meal. For many, it would be quicker to go to Concord than drive to Ossipee. I have not seen restaurant reviews for Concord on this site either and hope that they don't appear here.

Maybe that is why it has not been mentioned on the "Winnipesaukee" website. There are plenty of restaurants around the lake, many operated by local people who would be glad to have the business.
Winnipesaukee.com is all about The Lakes Region of New Hampshire, so this is exactly the kind is stuff that should be posted here.

Heaven, thank you for your review. Sounds like a great place and we shall try it sometime when we are out exploring.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-31-2013), camp guy (07-31-2013), chipj29 (07-31-2013), Heading4thelake (07-31-2013), KPW (08-30-2013), Lakemamma (07-31-2013), Plumberswife (08-25-2013), Pontoon Goon (08-01-2013), secondcurve (08-26-2013), upthesaukee (07-31-2013), Winni P (07-31-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:

Just because of this ridiculous post, I will purposely take a trip and visit this restaurant. Thanks for the nudge.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
chipj29

Quote:

So Lake Ossippee isn't "local" to the lakes region? Interesting perspective. It's like a half hour drive from the Moultonboro area.
ApS (08-05-2013), KPW (08-30-2013), upthesaukee (07-31-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Less Than 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
So Lake Ossippee isn't "local" to the lakes region? Interesting perspective. It's like a half hour drive from the Moultonboro area.
Heck, by way of the crow, it's less than 10 miles from Moultonbourough Bay!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

We found this gem when out for a ride on the bike one day, and have been back a few times!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Heaven

Quote:

Well, from Gilford, yes it is a hike. From Wolfeboro it is 15 minutes and closer than the Pizza Barn, which has been reviewed here with no complaints.
I am glad to hear others have had enjoyable experiences there as well!
gillygirl (07-31-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
surfnsnow

is a menu available on line?
surfnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Heading4thelake

Default menu

go to menupix.com put in Mountain View Station
Heading4thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heading4thelake For This Useful Post:
surfnsnow (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
patman

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13287
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #14
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
Ha! I did a search for this restaurant before posting my thread, I must have goofed a letter or something. Great review, and seemingly right on as well.
patman (08-03-2013)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #15
Overlake97

Default Menu for Mountainview is on Facebook

I couldn't get that menupix.com link to give me a menu, but the MountainView does have one "posted" in their photographs on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mount...75464675803511
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #16
jeffatsquam

Quote:

This removes all doubt
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
Dave M

Default Thumbs up

Was heading over to Wakefield Sunday and decided to try this place. Was expecting to have breakfast but they only served lunch and dinner. The lady said breakfast became to hectic. She was the only waitress. Been open for 3 years. We arrived at 11:40 and no one was there. Wife had the fried oysters with cole slaw and red bliss potatoes(you have a choice of 2 sides). She said the meal was very good. I had a basic turkey dinner in a wrap(roasted turkey,stufing and cranberry) with cole slaw and sweet potatoes sticks, also very good. By the time we left(12:30 or so) the place was nearly full and more coming in the door. Timing is everything.
Took us a half hour to get there from Moultonborough. Took Rt25 to Rt16.
Got off at Rt25 east exit, took right. Took right at stop sign, left to village.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
Plumberswife

Default Wow

Well, I'm from Center Ossipee, I love our close proximity to Wolfeboro, Meredith, etc, were always over there and are constantly giving back to the community, we consider it a privilege to live on a beautiful mountain, just where we want to be, yet so close to a nice little town with lovely people and a lot to do.
We eat at Mountain view all the time!! It's wonderful! They're a lovely Family that I'm sure would be so happy that you came by and had a bite to eat. I bet the businesses in Wolfeboro that were always enjoying are happy we made the twenty minute beautiful ride as well!!