Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
kris87

Smile ossipee lake?

I know this is the winni forum and everything but I am going to be fishing Ossipee (Danforth bay) and a sheltered part of the main lake this weekend for the first time and was looking for some pointers. If anyone has fished this lake some hints would be greatly appreciated. I will be fishing for bass.

On another note I have enjoyed reading about winni and the fishing on it. I just dont have a big enough boat yet.
kris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
Coolbreeze

kris, don't be intimidated about a small boat in the big lake(WInni). just stay off the main lake or hug the shoreline. I love back bay in Wolfeboro, tons of large mouth bass action, and it is peaceful except the loud pipes of the cycles and burnouts from the occasional car. Best of luck to you in Ossipee, I have never fished it but have been there and it looked really like there is alot of potential. Just ask the locals, and get a good map and fish the points, bays, shoals etc. Report back on your luck okay?
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
ossipeeboater

kris if there is any interest in a bass tournament the local snowmobile club is having one out of the Westward shores campground Saturday.

link attached

http://www.ossipeevalleysnowmobilecl...her-events.htm

Ossipee is a real easy lake to navigate if you haven't been there before only a few spots to stay away from and well marked. Channel from Danforth to Broad bay can be a little tricky in another boats going the other way. Lot's of people fish the channel to the main lake from broad and the coves right there which are fairly weedy and have some drop off as well as by the mouths of the other rivers coming into the main lake.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
kris87

Smile

Thanks for the info guys. I have been on Ossipee before in my dads boat. He has a 22 ft well craft. Just never fished it. So I know the lake a little bit. It is a deep V and not very good for Ossipee or bass fishing. I am going out in a canoe thats why I am looking for sheltered areas. My plan is to launch it off rt 25 and paddle up the river to the main lake and fidsh the grassy areas at the mouth and along the shoreline. I will let you guys know how I did.
kris87 is offline   Reply With Quote