Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
Zee

Thumbs down WolfeTrap... What's the attraction?

My husband and I decided to try the WolfeTrap in Wolfeboro for the first time Friday night. We had heard good reviews and were very disapointed. Husband had fish and chips and requested a vegetable instead of the fries. Snotty waitress said "no substitutions, we will have to charge you". The "fish" and chips were $12.95 for a generic whitefish, definitely not haddock and they wouldn't part with a veggie????? I had the 1/4 pound lobster roll. It contained 100% lobster but the roll was a little tough to chew and the lettuce was wilted. It was not at all what I expected and am not likely to go back.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:54 AM   #2
scott s

Thumbs down I'm with you!

Unless you are looking to sit at the bar and get some nice apps and a great beer selection, don't bother with the wolfetrap.

I had a bad experience last year and decided to give them another try recently.

first, after we ordered we noticed another server telling customers about specials. (We never got that info from our waiter.) 15 minutes for a weak margarita, and then the worst clam chowder ever made. basicly watery white soup with a few clam pieces in it. YUK. I'd rather open a can.

I had what they called "sushi grade" tuna that was clearly not fresh and tasted only like the gas they used to fire up the grill! (overcooked too!)

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything by not getting veggies, they're not fresh either!

$85 bucks for a horrible dinner.

I won't be "trapped" again!

I 'm going to try the new grill 25. Has anybody been there yet?

scott
scott s is offline   Reply With Quote