Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
boathousegirl

Default Dining on Winnisquam

We could really use some dining establishments on Lake Winnisquam. Take a look some weekend at all the people at the sand bar. Imagine if they had a place to go. Wow, wouldn't that be great?
boathousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
feb

I've always thought the same thing. There used to be one right by the bridge about 30 years ago. Unfortunately, the land, frontage and docking space is so expensive and hard to get nowadays that I don't think it will ever happen. There is the old Zach's at Jay's Marina. I haven't been there yet but have heard that they have good drinks. I always thought that the market next to the marina would have been a good place for an ice cream/fried food place due to the close proximity to a major roadway and a fair amount of boat docks, but the marina bought that place last year. I think that when it comes down to it, the costs of operating an establishment like this are so prohitibive when you consider that the lake/sandbar is really only "crowded" for 2.5 months out of a year.

Now if we can convince the ice cream man on the pontoon boat to start delivering take out to the sandbar maybe that's a good enough alternative.
feb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
trfour

Default Keep the faith.

I live in the area now, lived north of here for many years and still go to my favorite spots, respectivley to the north.
Whowever, there is some great food available near the Bridge. Your posts have prompted me to dig into this matter, and I will get back to you and I think that there is a great place that is accessable by boat. Stay tuned.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs up Shalimar

I think the Shalimar has a dock that you can tie up to and walk up to the restuarant. I'm not sure, as it has been a long time. I think the lack of amenities in the lake keeps the tourists away. It is a really nice lake to spend quiet times. Even on the weekends.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
feb

There is Katie Flo's, next to the mini-golf and Nursery, but I don't know where you can legally dock and walk to it. They server breakfast, lunch and dinner I believe. Definitely breakfast. There's a lobster place across the street, again not sure about the docking options. You can also get pizza delivered to the bridge if needed. That's all I can think of.....
feb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links